Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London and South East Regional Discussion - 20th January 2013 13:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

11cms here now, gonna go take some pics :)

post-15445-0-16523100-1358691144_thumb.p

post-15445-0-93726400-1358691177_thumb.p

Posted

Depends where you are I suppose. I got 2 inches in Feb 09, I've beaten that today

He said South East London though. Rochester missed out in 2009 because the streamer was effecting SE London, NW Kent.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

What are the chances of further snowfall for the southeast tomorrow?? Heard over on the model thread that the low for tomorrow seems slightly further south... Could this guarantee further snowfall for kent?

The latest NAE this morning for south of the Thames, especially, was very poor for tomorrow - worse than the overnight one. We need a quick correction back south again to prevent, or at least slow down a predicted thaw as dewpoints disappointingly are suggested to rise above freezing.

Posted

Raynes Park temp now 0.3

Is that dark echo going to reach us, moving very slowly

Sadly I don't think so - will pass by to the east - SE, NE London look in great shape.

0.1c and light snow here

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Just to the west of the 'Green Finger' of heavier snow pushing north across London on the radar, the dandruff snow certainly getting heavier in last 15 mins.

Edited by Nick F

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Still coming down very respectably, though lost a bit of intensity and flakes are smaller. 5th winter in a row now that I've had a decent fall. Anything for the rest of this winter will be a bonus.

Without sounding soppy, I'm pleased that by the end of the weekend just about everyone in the region should have joined in the fun.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

How long we gonna keep this in the SE you think? Another 4/5hrs?

Depends where you are I suppose. I got 2 inches in Feb 09, I've beaten that today

Exactly. Just because many have done well the past couple of years doesn't mean all have. Normally we miss out on anything more than 1cm except feb 2009 which was still less than most. But today is great! Beats almost all snow events of recent years here. I know that as I found my snow pics folder from earlier events on the PC earlier and it tallies with what I remembered.

Posted

Snow Ploughs have been fitted to many of the gritters and the teams are working flat out help.gifhelp.gifhelp.gif

Hubby said can you do the slip road from Valley Park onto Purley way tomorrow please, he'd like to get to work and home again.

Edited by tadpole

Posted

This is awesome now. Up on Horsenden Hill - thanks to M Fish for the tip off - absolutely superb. Loads of snow up here. And beautiful. Like being in a ski resort but without the ugly lifts! Snow on snow event - can't believe we have chiefed so much this weekend in West London.

Edited by Downpour

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

Still coming down at the same rate, size and intensity as it has all day here...i'd say about 1 1/2 inches on top of what we had on Friday :-)

Posted

Still coming down at the same rate, size and intensity as it has all day here...i'd say about 1 1/2 inches on top of what we had on Friday :-)

Amazing EML if thats still coming down in Brighton and moving North could be 6pm before fizzles out in London

Posted

How long we gonna keep this in the SE you think? Another 4/5hrs?

Radar looks good. This weekend will live long in the memory. Spring can smash in by T120 for all I care. Will never forget this weekend.

Posted

The latest NAE this morning for south of the Thames, especially, was very poor for tomorrow - worse than the overnight one. We need a quick correction back south again to prevent, or at least slow down a predicted thaw as dewpoints disappointingly are suggested to rise above freezing.

Yeah looks like quite a thaw coming tomorrow :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Don't think it will stop in Hatfield for a while, you may even move into a sweet spot currently running N/S from Sevenoaks upto around Cambridge. If that shifts west you will get more.

hey that's where I am .should we expect some heavier falls soon??

Posted

im estimating a total of 6-7 cm here (including the 2cm that was left from Friday)....

I notice SW trains have further disruption to their timetables tomorrow...

Posted

Sadly I don't think so - will pass by to the east - SE, NE London look in great shape.

0.1c and light snow here

Oh! Is that the end of it then or likely to go on this afternoon?

I've got the radar but not sure which direction the ppn is going

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

Amazing EML if thats still coming down in Brighton and moving North could be 6pm before fizzles out in London

Yup I think that sounds about right, I keep looking at the radar thinking it'll fizzle out any time now, but it keeps building back into the channel