Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Three Counties & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 20th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

I've come to the conclusion that I don't actually live where I think I do. Either that, or the Radar isn't entirely accurate.search.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

really picking up here now. how much longer do you think it will last ???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

If you look to the south west, then maybe another 1 hour or so, 40 mins ago the prcip was over Oxford, look at it now.

Mentioned this a while ago, the band is also narrowing over my area now.............. BBC forecast now reflecting this. Looks like N Norfolk will do well tonight! Edited by Mark Burton

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Hope you've all got snow now ?

Some pretty chilly concrete cows in CMK today....

post-10773-0-12083300-1358699385_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Here west Norwich, the fine flakes not doing anything, the path that i cleared yesterday morning is just as dry now as it was then, lets hope calm before the storm...

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

If you look to the south west, then maybe another 1 hour or so, 40 mins ago the prcip was over Oxford, look at it now.

Aye its receding NE, but if you look at the radar theres been an odd sort of convergence line all afternoon since it began roughly running up through berkshire, luton. mk & northampton. has shown signs of weakening but keeps getting fed by heavier bursts running nw from the sussex coast. Three hours possible at a push before moving away i reckon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow, Thunderstorms & Summer Plumes

Here west Norwich, the fine flakes not doing anything, the path that i cleared yesterday morning is just as dry now as it was then, lets hope calm before the storm...

Well it may be very light...but it shows no sign of stopping anytime soon. Only heavier stuff to look forward to looking at radar atm imo.

Edited by Chris D

Posted

Hope you've all got snow now ?

Some pretty chilly concrete cows in CMK today....

post-10773-0-12083300-1358699385_thumb.j

mk me thinks the met office have been messed up lol looking at the radar looks like a good 7 hours to come its still coming out of France!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Well it may be very light...but it shows no sign of stopping anytime soon. Only heavier stuff to look forward to looking at radar atm imo.

lets hope so, was hoping to see the heavy snow in daylight, looks like lamp post watching now!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

i'm not sure if its actually snowing or just blowing off the roof and cars

It is, the worlds finest snow, settling everywhere now apart from rooftops as it literally gets blown straight off in this strong wind

Posted

Aye its receding NE, but if you look at the radar theres been an odd sort of convergence line all afternoon since it began roughly running up through berkshire, luton. mk & northampton. has shown signs of weakening but keeps getting fed by heavier bursts running nw from the sussex coast. Three hours possible at a push before moving away i reckon.

Good observation !!! lets hope so.

Posted

Looks like an intense pulse coming out of rotterdam on the radar. If im not mistaken it appears to be heading for the north of our area (looks like it's headed for Norwich and north). Hope it makes it - should be fun hearing how high up the murr scale you get :)

Posted

Yep, just noticed that too. Oh well was good while it lasted :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers, Cold Winters.

Just had a quick measure and 7cms has fallen and laid today, most of it in the last couple of hours as the first 3 hours between 11 and 2 didn't really produce anything measurable. It is very light at the mo' though but duration might be our friend today.

My table in the garden is now showing 12cms with falls/melts and top ups since last Monday, I'm very happy.

Posted
  • Location: Calgary, Canada. Previously, Saffron Walden (Essex/Herts border), United Kingdom
  • Weather Preferences: Continental:Warm dry summers, cold snowy winters
  • Location: Calgary, Canada. Previously, Saffron Walden (Essex/Herts border), United Kingdom

Wow, just looked at the radar, some serious snow coming off The Hague! will probably end up in the north-east though

Posted

murr sliding scale of snowfall = 7 at the moment

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Not to worry, youse in the North: it really gets going after it's faffed about for an hour...good.gif

Posted

Just looked at the radar and if I'm not reading it completely wrong it looks like we will be snowed on here all night. Although I'm probably reading it wrong.

yep some v heavy stuff on the coast near lowestoft

Posted

Wow just realised after looking at the Meto radar prediction, that shows snow still over my location at 3AM, that there could still be 6 or more hours of snow. That would be amazing, but not expecting quite that much at the moment. Snow still coming down quite heavily hear, roads looking treacherous.

Posted

now going to lamp post mode soon have to go out side to clear the snow 2nd time this afternoon!!!

Posted

Still heavy/fine snow. Around Level 5/6.

Excellent at LTN Airport though - remained open all day despite about 5-6cm of further snow. Probably about 8-9cm of lying snow after Friday and a slight thaw.

Edited by Dan the Man

Posted

Been snowing in felsted since 7.30 this morning small grainy but consistant, had about an inch or more id say

Just been out so heres how the roads are looking

post-18956-0-58333900-1358700588_thumb.j

Edited by tommyboy1