Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Three Counties & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 20th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Still coming down here,Been light to medium all day. No real increase in ppn at all really just constant small flakes. Guess thats how it will stay untill it finally passes through. Got a good 7-8cm out of it though.

Edited by Jason T

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Sunday evenings are always quiet on the roads, but tonight everyone is staying in and it's dead out there! The gritters hate this as it means the grit won't work.

Tomorrow morning may be interesting.....going to be on A14 and A12 at 6am....going to be leaving early!

Saying that, if the snow keeps coming like it is, i'm not going to be able to even get to the A14.....shovel is in the boot ready!

Posted

You're not all that far from me! I can be in Diss in 20 minutes. We have had about 4cm now, been snowing properly since about 2pm. Very fine snow but building nicely even on the road. Not a soul to be seen this evening!

Yeah I'm v unlucky with reguards to snow, always the liest hit area, totalling 3 inches since the begginin of this cold spell so far.. :-(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Snow has settled on the soaking roads for the hours, conditions are bad!

how much longer should we expect snow ?? thanks

Posted

Main roads have a covering in then, this has surprised after earlier! Oh, and because it only started around 4, you'll all be sad to hear I was only able to grit the hill in the work car park!

how much longer should we expect snow ?? thanks

No idea I'm afraid, only just left work.

Posted

Been snowing here since 9am & is still coming down. Over the last hour or so the snow area over the southern North Sea has really intensified. Will the area over East Anglia intensify as well?

Posted

Darker blues getting closer on the radar so might start properly soon . . . . greens still a long way away. Just a shame I have to work tonight but at least if it shows properly then driving will be more interesting :-)

Drive carefully, starting to come down more steady now, would just love a good covering by dawn.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Unfortunatley I am on the very western side of the snow! we have only had 1/2cm here in watford unfortunatley.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Drive carefully, starting to come down more steady now, would just love a good covering by dawn.

I think you will have a very good covering by dawn! If that darker ppn in the N Sea hits you tonight you will be digging yourselves out in the morning.

Posted

Anyone know of conditions near elveden centreparcs? Heading there next week :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Anyone know of conditions near elveden centreparcs? Heading there next week smile.png

I would imagine that all the main roads will be well clear by 10am tomorrow, first thing may be tricky. Will little significant snow forecast after tonight it should all be clear. Back roads on the other hand will still be icy come the end of the week...with only a very gentle thaw this coming week!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers, Cold Winters.

Very fine again now but the intensity is still there. Looking at the different radars, we could still have 4-6 hours to come, incredible.

Currently a 5 on the SM scale.

Edited by MarcB

Posted

I would imagine that all the main roads will be well clear by 10am tomorrow, first thing may be tricky. Will little significant snow forecast after tonight it should all be clear. Back roads on the other hand will still be icy come the end of the week...with only a very gentle thaw this coming week!

I take it there wasn't much prior to today?

Posted

Not doing quite as well as you in Elsenham kris, but 7cm here or so. It does look though like some of the heaviest stuff may be on the way

Nearly 10cm in total, so about 7-8cm from today. Seems fairly moderate again out there right now. Would not rule out 9-10cm from today when it finally stops.

Posted

Unfortunatley I am on the very western side of the snow! we have only had 1/2cm here in watford unfortunatley.

I think we've still done fairly well, it's still snowing as well, and according to the radar it shouldn't be. Not sure how much we've had overall as I haven't been able to find a ruler anywhere, lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

There's still plenty to come - just look at White Hart Lane in North London; Level 8 flakes there.

And get in the equaliser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

https://fbcdn-sphoto...505251402_n.jpg

at least i made the effort to go,but lots of tablets needed to get that far!had fun watching the kids,

really pepping u[ here too

how many hours left u rekon??

Edited by Floatylight

Posted

Wow, what a day. Started snowing here at about 9am and hasn't stopped all day. Have between 4-6 inches here and it's still coming. Might have to work from home tomorrow :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

And in Fergie time too...

The snow just keeps getting better and better!clapping.gif clapping.gif

Posted

Not doing quite as well as you in Elsenham kris, but 7cm here or so. It does look though like some of the heaviest stuff may be on the way

Ohh yes we do seen to have caught the heaviest (might be the slight elevation here).

Really cannot believe the met office havnt upped warnings, neighbour has just got back from work, took him an hour longer than normal, roads are absolutely covered through stansted. Just been outside and it's above my ankles on the path

SK