Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Three Counties & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 20th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Well pleased with todays snow event so far, hasn't stopped all day and a good 3 inches of fresh snow out there.

Posted

Snow turning even heavier here now and even more to come looking at the radar

Already had over 10cms fresh snow, could be nearer 15 by the time it's finished

Cannot believe the met office still havn't upgraded warnings yet...2-5cms up to 8 is laughable

SK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

Praise be! I have dust. That's it: no work for me tomorrow. And I work from home.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

here in bourne the light stuff has finally started falling.....expected it hours and hours ago but have been on the edge all day....i guess we're in the disappointed category.

Hopefully you'll get it soon mate.

It really has been a case of a jackpot or nothing situation today and the meteorologists in the met office will be feeling like idiots if this doesn't get a move on North!

Edited by East_England_Stormchaser91

Posted

Looking at the radar, things are going to go for a bit yet, adn there are still some heavier bits around including in the Thames estuary. Hard to see the direction of travel on them though. There is some real stuff coming into the N Sea from the Dutch coast. Will it hit EA - of course not.

Indeed,the North East are going to get it once it moves further North and gets pushed more Westward by the easterly flow

http://expert-images.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/nae/2013/01/20/basis12/nweu/prec/13012109_2012.gif

Posted

In the sw of the region, the first holes appearing in the precip and the intensity generally easing in the london area. Would be a surprise to see this filling in now and i expect this is the beginning of the end down here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

It's weird we've only had 5-6 cms here, but many places close by have had a lot more. Not complaining though as I need to be out early tomorrow, just interesting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

In prime location here, but been snowing since about 2, snow grains so small you can't even see them, must have half a cm. So how is it everywhere else is talking of 5cm+ etc as the radar has the same colours for most people as it does over mid north suffolk? Surely not another non even for here yet again??

You're not all that far from me! I can be in Diss in 20 minutes. We have had about 4cm now, been snowing properly since about 2pm. Very fine snow but building nicely even on the road. Not a soul to be seen this evening!

Posted

Seems to be some even heavier stuff just off the coast, is that going to be a direct hit for Norfolk or is it on its way past us into the North East?

i am going to have a bath in a few minutes, that usually provokes spectacular weather which

I RETURN TO FIND EVERYONE TALKING ABOUT HERE BUT WHICH I HAVE MISSED SO EXPECT BLIZZARDS IN ABOUT 20 MINUTES TIME

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow or stormy...colder the better

watching the animation on the netweather radar it looks like all the bright yellow will EVENTUALLY make its way across Norfolk??

Posted

Seems to be some even heavier stuff just off the coast, is that going to be a direct hit for Norfolk or is it on its way past us into the North East?

I think it's going to hit Great Yarmouth, and miss Lowestoft by about 3 miles. So good luck.

Posted
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany

Not doing quite as well as you in Elsenham kris, but 7cm here or so. It does look though like some of the heaviest stuff may be on the way

Posted

😄 Howdy indeed! Just checked outside, mainly light but coming down still.

Darker blues getting closer on the radar so might start properly soon . . . . greens still a long way away. Just a shame I have to work tonight but at least if it shows properly then driving will be more interesting :-)