Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 20/01/13 18z -------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot summers

I live on a main road and it's pretty clear, starting to dust... Side roads have small accumulations in places...

I have a job in civic offices

Posted

To be honest today has been fantastic.....Not sure it gets near 1991 or 1987 but to me it beats 2010 for continuous snowfall,,,2010 had a 2 hour battering...ok as it stayed cold we retained some snow...But to get 11 hours of CONTINUOUS light, moderate, light, moderate, heavy, moderate, light snow from 8am until 7pm in London is remarkable.....Loved todaybiggrin.png ...cracking open another red to celebrate...sod work tmw!

December 2010 was the best month of weather I have ever experienced. At one point it snowed for 5 days without stopping!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

And 14hours later its still snowing thou very lightly:-)) hard to estimate how much has fallen due to the inch we had Friday too I would guess around 5inches in Dartford which would be the 3rd best snow event since 1991:-)) in other news so glad spurs scored in Fergie time against Fergies man ure:-))) great day all around with arsenal losing too;-)

Not a bad day all round!

Posted

To be honest today has been fantastic.....Not sure it gets near 1991 or 1987 but to me it beats 2010 for continuous snowfall,,,2010 had a 2 hour battering...ok as it stayed cold we retained some snow...But to get 11 hours of CONTINUOUS light, moderate, light, moderate, heavy, moderate, light snow from 8am until 7pm in London is remarkable.....Loved todaybiggrin.png ...cracking open another red to celebrate...sod work tmw!

It was excellent that it fell on a Sunday too. 1. Nearly everyone could enjoy it 2. Far less traffic to boost heat radiation and ruin it.

Parts of Ealing look like a snow-kissed Cotswolds town tonight!

Posted

Bloody amazing - I've lived in the borough of Harrow all my life and I'm pretty sure this has been the longest snowfall event that I've ever known and I'm 41.

I lived in Harrow for 24 years and it hardly ever snowed whilst Kent used to get buried. Seems to have switched around since I moved! nea.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Hi Bob, it's not looking so bad in Wallington *still snowing*

i really can't believe the amount that fell today mate

Have watched the MILDY neighbour clear his car three times and salted his patch of road

Even my wife laughed( even though she thinks I'm mental right now) lol

His car and part of his road looks no different to anyone else's and its still no snowing

Love it

Edited by snowbob

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Snowing again in Dartford, not heavy but still its adding to the total.

We've done really well for our area it seems like only Surrey has got more than us when you add up Friday and today's I guess we must been near the sweet spot so happy:-)) and I wonder what is in store for tomorrow nite: a Kentimetres maybe to top up the untouched garden?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot summers

I live close to there, I will imagine the paths/car parks round there will be an ice rink tomorrow...

Nice should be great journey

Posted

And 14hours later its still snowing thou very lightly:-)) hard to estimate how much has fallen due to the inch we had Friday too I would guess around 5inches in Dartford which would be the 3rd best snow event since 1991:-)) in other news so glad spurs scored in Fergie time against Fergies man ure:-))) great day all around with arsenal losing too;-)

Only disapointment of the day for mediablo.gif ...and we was robbed by a dodgy ref againbiggrin.png

Edited by ChartViewer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Posted

Something brewing in the estuary- could move towards South essex-

S

Hi, sorry to bother you steve, many thanks for the many informative posts. That precipitation off the coast of Cornwall heading East, has this been underplayed or is it due to slip into France???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

S

Yes!!!

FYI its STILL snowing lightly thou.

Posted

I lived in Harrow for 24 years and it hardly ever snowed whilst Kent used to get buried. Seems to have switched around since I moved! nea.gif

I remember those days toogood.gif - I'm sure it will switch back again but at least this time we all got something.

Posted

We've done really well for our area it seems like only Surrey has got more than us when you add up Friday and today's I guess we must been near the sweet spot so happy:-)) and I wonder what is in store for tomorrow nite: a Kentimetres maybe to top up the untouched garden?

Yes we really done well, considering we missed out on Friday, first time I can remember us doing so well unless the Thames streamer has been involved.

What's your measurement, looks like its coming down harder again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

croydondazz you got to get up to addo

It's awesome mate

Hi Snowbob,

My colleague had to get back to Addington from Croydon late aftn (top of the hill), said its unreal up there.

We've got around 7 cms (level) here in Anerley (which is good for the area), a little more in drifts, I'm sure you can double that at least for Addington.

A little further SE, i can only imagine how much Biggin Hill has. Any depths reported from Biggin?

Cheers,

Tom

Posted

And yet it still continues...... haven't seen a gritter all day - strange seeing we have a School next door!

Part of me hope's this cripples the Metropolitan line, could do with a day off work! ;)

Guest bjaykent

8cm here all of which arrived today, just been out in the garden to have at the look at the fantastic orange glow in the sky to my west when a Tawny Owl carrying a mouse flew not more than a two feet over my head. Great end to a great day!

Posted

December 2010 was the best month of weather I have ever experienced. At one point it snowed for 5 days without stopping!

Too much red wine mate..I remember the Dec 18th snowfall here....disrupted everything over a 2 hour period of snow...However in London i cant remember it falling after that...anyone remember different?...was very very cold though until Xmas day. Today in my opinion has been fantastic and should be remembered for its longevity of snowfall....11 hoursbiggrin.png

Edited by ChartViewer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

S

North Kent is nearlyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy south Essex. :p

Posted

i really can't believe the amount that fell today mate

Have watched the MILDY neighbour clear his car three times and salted his patch of road

Even my wife laughed( even though she thinks I'm mental right now) lol

His car and part of his road looks no different to anyone else's and its still no snowing

Love it

People like that are hilarious. I saw one guy sweeping his drive in his dressing gown as me and the nipper headed out sledging at 11am. That was a worthwhile job!