Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 20/01/13 18z -------->

A.J

Just looked at the SW london snow again- its actually a streamer pivoting around the same sort of spot ( coming round from the cirulation from the North) but the PPN is going further SE & getting stronger.... edging towards the SE London & west kent region again-

We will have places like bromley on here again reporting snow soon-

Just need to see the 25 & 30 radar echoes-

S

Edited by Steve Murr

Posted

Heaviest snow of today falling at the mo here in the west...

Yep - see Steve Murr and my post below. Interesting sting in the tail? You are in the sweet spot (so am I - I live a mile or so north of you in South Ealing)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy Winters, Hot and Sunny Summers - Never Mild!

No it isn't. There have been many many days with a lot more in every part of the country.

I'm not talking about other parts of the country - I'm talking about Central London alone. And I'm talking from my experience alone too.

I bet there were other parts of the country that had a heck ofalot more than London, but for Central London, a city where the buildings and people create heat which melts snow quickly, this is a rare event IMO.

Posted

Whats with all the arguing over who said what ?? This has been a fantastic snow day for much of The South East so lets just enjoy it.

Agreed. Well said.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Been at a party for the last four hours and a bit pi**ed truth be told but still remembered to lamp post watch and get the ruler out on return home. 10cms with 8 falling today for 11 hours.

A brilliant day and hope everyone is chuffed with what they got. Daughters school is already closed tomorrow so work plans are screwed but, hey, NOTHING comes second to snow.

EDIT Everything comes second to snow. Excess G&T has skewed judgement!!rofl.gif

Hmm - just seen the 2015 radar returns. I now see what some other members are saying - a narrow band of snowfall running from Hastings to NW London before widening as it moves over the Chiltern Hills and up to Birmingham. Could this be a sting in the tail for those under it's flightpath? (excuse the Heathrow pun).

Edit: it is pounding it down as I write in Ealing. Possibly the heaviest snowfall of the day?!

we are in uxbridge and snowing lovely here just hope our school has the sence to shut as some of its rooms heating isn't working !

Posted

Last few flakes passing through here and we have topped out at 7cm.

12 hours continuous snowfall. Not bad at all.

Posted

Just looked at the SW london snow again- its actually a streamer pivoting around the same sort of spot ( coming round from the cirulation from the North) but the PPN is going further SE & getting stronger.... edging towards the SE London & west kent region again-

S

Is it a tempoary streamer or one that can last some time steve?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow, snow......... Snow

S

Could see more in Bexley from that, I guess?

Posted

S

If I've got snow still then Bromley probably has too, but would love more heavy snow. I get the feeling this could be a late night and bags under the eyes tomorrow morning!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Still snowing here lightly, that'll be 12 hours of constant snowfall :) temp -1C with very light N wind. What a great few days! What are chances for snow tomorrow?

Posted

do you have weatherpro app steve? it has a neat radar function that can do a forecast , it shows weirdly a streamer type perception former thats beginning to fill out to the areas you mention above and seems as heavy as its been all day , its almost a surrey border streamer the first one ever !! (joking of course)

S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Not sure how my opponent did but will be happy to lose 16-10 rather than win 1-0!!

Maybe a while longer, the convection is beginning to die out & its all gradually pivoting & circulating North-

Once it clears & the air dries out- we will have a window of 6 hours for the temps to drop through the floor boards-

Not much also being made for tomorrow- but we need to keep an eye on it!

S

Posted

No it isn't. There have been many many days with a lot more in every part of the country.

Total over reaction think as a Londoner u will be hard pressed to beat these last 3 years 2009, 2010 & 2013

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

v Tonbridgemole

My Final total 8.2cm

Fairly happy with that, all out of todays fall also as from Friday had nothing outside backdoor, I think Tonbridgemole prob beat me with ease and prob still under that band now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Yep - see Steve Murr and my post below. Interesting sting in the tail? You are in the sweet spot (so am I - I live a mile or so north of you in South Ealing)

What a day, quite incredible. Just had to shake a stack of snow off the gazebo!!