Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 20/01/13 18z -------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

its still snowing here

hasnt stopped since 9am

awesome day

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

looks like a streamer going all the way to hastings drinks.gif

Are we having our first Hasting streamer?

Posted

Just wanted to say that today has been fantastic! 12 hours of snow straight, still snowing now... it has been many years since I have sat and watched 12 hours continual snow. I wish we got it more often, it even makes Walthamstow look pretty ;) Hope we get moe chances through this week although possibly looking like the Atlantic pushing in by end of the week...? :(

Posted

Fuming.

Some bloody yoof has decapitated the snowman me and my 7 year old boy, spent 2 hours building in our front garden today.

He is now in tears.

Posted

Its got down to -7,-9 in the last couple of years

Never has here, think it got down to -5 a couple of years ago, lowest I can remember.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Just a quickie, re the Snow Depth Cup, as the snow seems to be clearing away, I'm quite happy to blow the final whistle at say 10 tonight and gather in your totals, so I can decide where to go from hear with it. May create local leagues and winners of this week-ends matches could carry f/ward their amounts, into their leagues. Sort of a reverse Champions League comp. What have I started, told you I had O.C.D (Obssessive Competition Disorder)?

Let me know your thoughts. Probably better to PM your depths to me, they were getting lost in those fast moving threads last night, thought my brain was going to explode!

So what's it going to be, tonight or tomorrow?

Cheers,

Tom.

Edited by TomSE20

Posted

Maybe a while longer, the convection is beginning to die out & its all gradually pivoting & circulating North-

Once it clears & the air dries out- we will have a window of 6 hours for the temps to drop through the floor boards-

Not much also being made for tomorrow- but we need to keep an eye on it!

S

Thanks for the reply steve.

Posted

Just a quickie, into their leaguere the Snow Depth Cup, as the snow seems to be clearing away, I'm quite happy to blow the final whistle at say 10 tonight and gather in your totals, so I can decide where to go from hear with it. May create local leagues and winners of this week-ends matches could carry f/ward their amounts, into their leagues. Sort of a reverse Champions League comp. What have I started, told you I had O.C.D (Obssessive Competition Disorder)?

Let me know your thoughts. Probably better to PM your depths to me, they were getting lost in those fast moving threads last night, thought my brain was going to explode!

So what's it going to be, tonight or tomorrow?

Cheers,

Tom.

Tomorrow mate as it is snowing heavy still here.

Will pm you with total when its all said and done.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, ice!

Snowing moderately again in Bromley! An unexpected surprise.

Posted

Well it is still snowing (very lightly) down here.

We have had in excess of 13 hours constant snowfall, for the accumulation of ....

3 cm

Posted

Well after missing out on Fridays event, today has been excellent!

Snow started at 08:10 this morning and is still going now, albeit very light. To have over 12 hours of snow is fantastic and certainly welcome after the dismal winter thus far!

Only slight downer is we never seemed to be under the heavier radar echoes and the snow has been very very fine so much like Shrimper I guess we have around 7cms, possibly 8 but certainly more than the 2-5cms the BBC predicted last night!

Work tomorrow could be interesting though, my route is Home-High Wycombe-Oxford-Reading-Bracknell-Crawley-Home so lets hope the gritters have been out!!

M

Posted

Fuming.

Some bloody yoof has decapitated the snowman me and my 7 year old boy, spent 2 hours building in our front garden today.

He is now in tears.

Scum! At least your snowman wasn't demeaned..... mine was p urinated issed on. sad.png

Edited by exodus

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Still snowing here, so perhaps not fair to gather in totals now. Perhaps give it an hour.clap.gifSorry Scott (Sno'prob).

Dont want you crawling around on your hand and knees, in your pjs and nighties though!nonono.gif

You'll all catch your death, out there!

Cheers,

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

Fuming.

He is now in tears.

awww no :( can you work your Daddy magic and build another head so he can wake up and its fixed? Bloody little sods though whoever did it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

very light snow here now,about to stop at any time,but what a great day,phew,its been hard work

Posted

Still snowing quite heavily. Is it ever going to stop? -1.3c now, highest temp today -0.8c.

Love it.

Posted

Total over reaction think as a Londoner u will be hard pressed to beat these last 3 years 2009, 2010 & 2013

Right. This is a great event for West London. Snow on snow event. Feb 2009 was awesome but it wasn't snow on snow.