Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 20/01/13 18z -------->

A.J

Posted

Are we having our first Hasting streamer?

first time i have ever seen this smile.png

i cannot believe it has got really heavy again drinks.gif

Posted

Fuming.

Some bloody yoof has decapitated the snowman me and my 7 year old boy, spent 2 hours building in our front garden today.

He is now in tears.

The joys of the youths of today Shrimper sadly, trespassing onto your property to needlessly destroy something. It may only be a snowman but things like this make me irate!

I understand your annoyance!

M

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Steve if that streamer had formed bit further South of Hastings and back out into the Channel would that of added some more spice to it?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Still snowing light/moderate here in Petts Wood/Locksbottom borders but temp is still plus 0.1.

To Steve M-will we get the effects of the streamer that is currently just to West of us or is this what we are getting now as snow is only lightish?

Posted

Fuming.

Some bloody yoof has decapitated the snowman me and my 7 year old boy, spent 2 hours building in our front garden today.

He is now in tears.

Some people just have such a meanness of spirit, lets hope the moron that did that slips on some ice and breaks a leg!

Hopefully you can do some overnight repairs and surprise your son in the morning.

Edited by nick sussex

Posted

Heavy Snow around 15 miles to my SW.... inching this way!!!

looks to be around sevenoaks that way

S

Steve

I note you have not updated your thoughts on the ECM This evening, looking like next weekend will probably see the return of the SWesterlies ??

If so we now would have to look to february for anything (barring the next 3 or 4 days of course)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

i remember ,me and my 2 sisters built a snowman when we were younger and got up the next morning and the whole snowman was gone,just left with a green patch where he had been,we were all very upset sorry.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

So where's this streamer headed? More for Medway do we think?

Posted

Whilst this has been great, personally feb 2009 is the best snow ive seen in my life and this wasnt close to it.

Feb 2009 is a true classic especially for those in west and south-west London. But the Daddy is still February 1991.

Snow moderated, falling lightly now

-0.3c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow snow

Matty j,where in heybridge are u. I'm in Hillary close, and it's like a skatin rink, could b a snow day tomoz

Posted

Looks like I may catch the tail end of the line of snow that has formed to the west of London running south eastward.

I was looking that on the radar a second ago. Maybe. fingers crossed x

Posted

Looks like I may catch the tail end of the line of snow that has formed to the west of London running south eastward.

Good luck - it's tasty - dropped quite a bit extra on us and is now twisting your way!

Posted

Scum! At least your snowman wasn't demeaned..... mine was p urinated issed on. sad.png

Well the Met Office did have us under a yellow snow warning! :D

Posted

Just a quickie, re the Snow Depth Cup, as the snow seems to be clearing away, I'm quite happy to blow the final whistle at say 10 tonight and gather in your totals, so I can decide where to go from hear with it. May create local leagues and winners of this week-ends matches could carry f/ward their amounts, into their leagues. Sort of a reverse Champions League comp. What have I started, told you I had O.C.D (Obssessive Competition Disorder)?

Let me know your thoughts. Probably better to PM your depths to me, they were getting lost in those fast moving threads last night, thought my brain was going to explode!

So what's it going to be, tonight or tomorrow?

Cheers,

Tom.

Hi mate 7cm here in sittingbourne

Posted

Feb 2009 is a true classic especially for those in west and south-west London. But the Daddy is still February 1991.

Snow moderated, falling lightly now

-0.3c

Oh for a great big dumping of snow like Feb 09 or 91, latter which I think I vaguely remember. It's few and far between though since the conditions for such need to be such we rarely see.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Tom, happy to give a final tally of 10cms. Had more in Jan and Dec'10 but seeing it all come down during daylight was special. Plus Man U dropped two points. What's not to like?

Posted

Some people just have such a meanness of spirit, lets the hope the moron that did that slips on some ice and breaks a leg!

Hopefully you can do some overnight repairs and surprise your son in the morning.

You are right Nick. Most people enjoy the snow and, when out today, I found it made most happier. The only whinge I heard was from some woman walking her dog with her daughter up the hill (neither wanted to be there, clearly). She said, "you think it's going to be one of those magical family moments but in fact after 20 minutes you are fed up and want to go home." Try telling that to my three year old boy who explored the woods and sledged his heart out for nigh-on five hours today. Shrimper - good luck with the repairs mate. drinks.gif

Posted

Oh for a great big dumping of snow like Feb 09 or 91, latter which I think I vaguely remember. It's few and far between though since the conditions for such need to be such we rarely see.

How much do you want ? I'm only a 20 miles or so from you and we have a shed load of the stuff in Ealing. Must have 12cm lying now in my garden. And it's still snowing.

Edited by Downpour