Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 20/01/13 18z -------->

A.J

Posted

Just won't budge - surely only another 30 minutes in this?

It is pulling east but very slowly. Yes, I think we may get another 20-40mins - the cloud can't be that thick as I can see the snow falling over the moon. Never seen that before in my life. Take a look.

Posted

Snow still going a extra 2.6cms has fallen ~ know this because i cleared the pathway to get to me garrage.

2009 was a great event for me had a foot of snow i remember me saying we have a foot and everyone was saying your a liar and steve murr said i was right and showed a n~w radar pic and my postcode was getting battered.

However

I rate this better than 2009 as in 2009 even though i got a foot the snow melted next day. This time i may not have a foot but the snow is not going to thaw quickly.

Posted

Hi I have an average of -1C in docklands area so should drop a bit more when the clouds clear.

Thanks mate hoping clouds disapear very soonsmile.png

Posted

Apologies if this has been asked or answered but what are peoples thoughts on mild unsettled weather putting in an appearance at the weekend? Hope not, today was magical and my son doesn't want his snowman to melt as in the snowman film...oh dear!

I has to end sooner or later! If we get to the weekend without a notable thaw that would be a 14 day cold spell. Pretty long!

Posted

Matty j,where in heybridge are u. I'm in Hillary close, and it's like a skatin rink, could b a snow day tomoz

I'm in Lawling Avenue mate. Def won't be a snow day for me as the day is already planned out so I'll have to battle my way through! Will be interesting to see the snow depths in the areas I'm going to though as they had a massive load Friday as well whilst we had next to nowt!

M

Posted

Its finally stopped snowing here in Fairlight, almost 12 hours of continuous ( albeit mosty light ) snow, bringing my total at 9pm to 7cms on a flat surface.

Well pleased with that.

The wildife took an interest in the food scraps I threw out earlier as well, but here comes the thaw

post-10628-0-32553900-1358716561_thumb.j

post-10628-0-88407000-1358716618_thumb.j

post-10628-0-15715700-1358716708_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Fuming.

Some bloody yoof has decapitated the snowman me and my 7 year old boy, spent 2 hours building in our front garden today.

He is now in tears.

fu""""g t"""er

Sorry seems a bit harsh but that is just not on

I share your anger mate

My 2 year old was amazed today

Till som t""t on a scrambler decided to tear up the snow and grass not ten yards from us

W""""r

Edited by snowbob

Posted

Snow still going a extra 2.6cms has fallen ~ know this because i cleared the pathway to get to me garrage.

2009 was a great event for me had a foot of snow i remember me saying we have a foot and everyone was saying your a liar and steve murr said i was right and showed a n~w radar pic and my postcode was getting battered.

However

I rate this better than 2009 as in 2009 even though i got a foot the snow melted next day. This time i may not have a foot but the snow is not going to thaw quickly.

That's exactly my view London-Snow, plus, in addition, it's a snow on snow event, which are as rare as dragon's teeth in London. When was the last one? I don't think I have seen a proper one here, and I have lived in London 12 years.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

Radar says nothing over me but my lampost is telling me a different story still fairly moderate just not as good as has been through today!

Got more tomorrow just to add to the totals.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Tonight looking out the window it is truly stunning outside.Turned the lihjts out and it is like a pinkish/purple sky out there with the reflection of the snow.All the trees are laden with snow and it is erringly quiet.My daughter's school already confirmed they are closed so will be out sledging with her tomorrow as i have a day off as wll-Fantastic.

Be lovely if we get a little more snow tomorrow evening which is also on the cards according to BBC24 just to top up todays levels which have certainly exceeded my expectations.We now have 12cm of snow(including last Fridays slight event).

I know by Friday it looks like the end of this cold spell but i think todays snow for most of us in the SE has cheered everyone up.

Here's to the next cold spell commencing beginning of Feb!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot summers

hounslow snow going strong...

Hi mate, what are the roads like in hounslow I am working there tom

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

croydondazz you got to get up to addo

It's awesome mate

Posted

To be honest today has been fantastic.....To me it beats 2010 for continuous snowfall,,,2010 had a 2 hour battering...ok as it stayed cold we retained some snow...But to get 11 hours of CONTINUOUS light, moderate, light, moderate, heavy, moderate, light snow from 8am until 7pm in London is remarkable.....Loved todaybiggrin.png ...cracking open another red to celebrate...sod work tmw!

Edited by ChartViewer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

just measured my roof and its 12.5 cm which has fallen here today ,,and thats not including all of the snow i had from the other day,and its still snowing here lightly

Posted

I live on a main road and it's pretty clear, starting to dust... Side roads have small accumulations in places...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot summers

It's awesome mate

I was at mums in selsdon yesterday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

It's awesome mate

Hi Bob, it's not looking so bad in Wallington *still snowing*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

And 14hours later its still snowing thou very lightly:-)) hard to estimate how much has fallen due to the inch we had Friday too I would guess around 5inches in Dartford which would be the 3rd best snow event since 1991:-)) in other news so glad spurs scored in Fergie time against Fergies man ure:-))) great day all around with arsenal losing too;-)

Posted

Bloody amazing - I've lived in the borough of Harrow all my life and I'm pretty sure this has been the longest snowfall event that I've ever known and I'm 41.