Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North of England Regional Discussion - January 21st 2013, 06z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Depth is 14cm on the grass here - yesterday evening it was 15cm, but it had fallen to 12cm this morning. The paths are extremely slushy now, we need it to all thaw or be covered with a fresh layer of snow before it freezes!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

i agree but these still plenty of ppn out in the north sea heading our way n temps are due to drop later on this evening so i reckon these still a chance

Yeah like I said before today is the last chance for us realistically this afternoon and evening are likely to see more snow whether any settles is another matter with the ground been so wet and slushy after which things will turn more settled with Ice becoming the main hazard

I've just got back from clearing the slushy mess outside and it doesn't feel all that cold TBH Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday last week were a lot colder than today

Edited by Gavin.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Yeah like I said before today is the last chance for us realistically this afternoon and evening are likely to see more snow whether any settles is another matter with the ground been so wet and slushy after which things will turn more settled with Ice becoming the main hazard

I've just got back from clearing the slushy mess outside and it doesn't feel all that cold TBH Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday last week were a lot colder than today

temp is currently 1.5 n we never get a gritter on my road but one has just gone past might be a good sign, n that ppn coming out of holland and germany is getting closer infact it looks like one big conveur belt

Posted

temp is currently 1.5 n we never get a gritter on my road but one has just gone past might be a good sign, n that ppn coming out of holland and germany is getting closer infact it looks like one big conveur belt

whether it hits Teesside is another matter

Posted

Been a thaw here, snow depths have gone down a fair bit since the morning and sleet has been falling most of the day. Hoping we can get snow back as we head into the evening, after what has quite frankly been a non-event over last night.

Posted

I put a request in for a gritter 2 years ago and amazingly they sent one! like you we never get one normally living in a side street.

Yeah I've just had a look at the radar and theirs plenty coming this way

Light powder type snow here now needs to be thicker to stick

Edited by Gavin.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

whether it hits Teesside is another matter

thats currently the direction its going so fingers crossed

Posted

Light, fine snow continues here. The differences in snow cover even around town are marked. Much heavier cover up near the Sports Complex and School Aycliffe than at my house, and I'd imagine that the Cobblers estate will have more as well.

Had to go through Darlo this morning, and there is next to bog all there compared to my location.

Off out to Leeholme next, thats 500-600ft, there'll be much more there.

Cripes, there was loads more, a good 8 inches. Just 5 miles NW and 200-250ft higher.

Posted

Wondering why Consett is getting so much snow?

Well I've just had at look at its Altitude and its 884 feet above sea level

Remember you can check your Altitude here - http://www.daftlogic.com/sandbox-google-maps-find-altitude.htm

Posted

13cm now in my garden. Now break in the snow, lightish now. Stark contrast between Darlington and Aycliffe. The house roofs are covered.

I've only got about 8cm.

Posted

Isn't that heading towards Scotland and not here?

Hard to tell with a shapshot.... can anyone run the sequence and see what direction it's headed in?

Posted

Hard to tell with a shapshot.... can anyone run the sequence and see what direction it's headed in?

At the moment it does seem to be heading further north but in the short term the north sea is still sending showers in

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

I'm pretty sure it's a radar error.

Posted

There hasn't been much in the way of sleet here just wet/dry snow. Easily added another 2-3 inches in places, our snowman has 10 inch drifts :D

Its great to see the sides of houses completely white from the blowing snow.

Posted

looking at it the ppn coming out of holland is coming this way and the stuff coming out of germany northumberland by the looks of it im probs wrong,, link http://www.meteox.co.uk/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-3&soort=loop1uur

Posted

I doubt Teesside will see any more snow now till the next cold spell. Hopefully we have one in February.

Hope I am wrong but just cant see anymore snow falling and settling here in Teesside.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

I believe in miracaless....