• Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

where is here?

Darlington my signature has my location

Air temp is 1.0°C

Dew point is up to -1.2°C now

Both are still rising slowly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Interesting!

ice would be my major concern,gan canny.

Thanks for this :-) That was my thinking - it's going to be interesting to see what happens. Hoping we might get away slightly early but chances are that the temp drop won't be noticed until it gets to dark to see. Then the fun will start!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Thunder, Snow, Thundersnow, Hail, Sunshine, Rainbows

Just travelled from Peterlee to Sunderland, snow has become light here. Sort of been a mix of snow grains and rain here and there. Snow not sticking very well, even to the snow already on the ground; can tell this because the roofs are not white.

Posted

Just travelled from Peterlee to Sunderland, snow has become light here. Sort of been a mix of snow grains and rain here and there. Snow not sticking very well, even to the snow already on the ground; can tell this because the roofs are not white.

Same here most of the roofs are clear now and whats falling isn't sticking. The snow grains are mostly small here its going to need something heavy to stick to the road now as its wet with quite a few puddles

Posted

A thaw is defendantly happening in darlington .snow stopped now.

Is there anymore snow due tonight and will temp go down for it to stick?

TBH Jen today is our last chance for snow (heavy) realistically the roads and pavements are now a wet slush mess so its going to take something special to cover them

Over the coming days things will settle down and by the weekend the Atlantic will be trying to make inroads which it looks like it will bringing milder and wetter weather next week intercepted with drier sunnier periods.

The last hope now is for the snow leaving Holland to bring us something later it looks like heading this way but whats left of it by the time it reaches here remains to be seen

The main worry now is shifting from snow and moving to Ice forming on untreated surfaces (pavements will be very slippy if all this freezes)

Edited by Gavin.

Posted

Well i think i might be happy for it just to go away now lol like you said roads are wet slush going to take something to cover that.my eye.s hurt from looking at lamp post lights my head hurt.s from lack of sleep.and my daughter can't get back to her boxing gym .giving me more stress lol

thanks for all the updates on darlington :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, cold,wet & stormy

Update from ulgham northumberland.

Still bleaching down wet sleet very windy nothing lying in fact last lost about 3 inches off the ground from Fridays event.

Roads are clear back roads slushy mess.

Will be treacherous if it does freeze tonight

Posted

Love that ebay auctionrofl.gif

Full listing.6ft SNOWMAN (requires assembly) | eBay

6ft snowman (requires assembly)

What you will get:

Snow

A carrot

2 pieces of coal

2 large twigs

'This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available'

Sounds like there's been a thaw in Cardiff lmao.

Posted

Looks to me like the ppn out to sea is strengthening again a bit coming towards Durham and Teeside.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Autumn and Winter

13cm now in my garden. Now break in the snow, lightish now. Stark contrast between Darlington and Aycliffe. The house roofs are covered.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy convective snow showers, blizzards, 30C sunshine

NickR whats durham like atm? Darlo is tragic it has actually lost a lot of snowcover in last 24hrs!! Who would have thought that? Anyway hopefully this cold spell will end at the weekend and another one can get going maybe with some proper blocking to our north or NW!!

Posted

Looking like the snow will become confined to northumberland during the early hours before everywhere becomes drier tomorrow with the biggest risk then turning to Ice in the morning

Paul Mooney was hinting at sleet and snow returning at the end of the week which I agree with however its only likely to be a temporary return going by this mornings ECM and UKMO

NickR whats durham like atm? Darlo is tragic it has actually lost a lot of snowcover in last 24hrs!! Who would have thought that? Anyway hopefully this cold spell will end at the weekend and another one can get going maybe with some proper blocking to our north or NW!!

Yes there's a big thaw underway here now for sure the garage roof hardly has anything on it now compared to this time yesterday

Posted

Haven't been into town today, but in Gilesgate/Belmont there is some slushiness on paths and snow is melting on trees/branches, but the cover is more than intact, with 4-6 inches everywhere to wade through. smile.png

There is about 2-3 inches of fresh snow on my car windscreen since last night.

Edited by NickR

Posted
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Looking like the snow will become confined to northumberland during the early hours before everywhere becomes drier tomorrow with the biggest risk then turning to Ice in the morning

Paul Mooney was hinting at sleet and snow returning at the end of the week which I agree with however its only likely to be a temporary return going by this mornings ECM and UKMO

Yes there's a big thaw underway here now for sure the garage roof hardly has anything on it now compared to this time yesterday

i agree but these still plenty of ppn out in the north sea heading our way n temps are due to drop later on this evening so i reckon these still a chance

Posted