Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 22/01/13 00z------------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

Still falling here and has been for 2 hours now.

I saw John Kay is in your neck of the woods for BBC News, must be a sweet spot if they are there drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

I saw John Kay is in your neck of the woods for BBC News, must be a sweet spot if they are there drinks.gif

Yeah, if devon gets it we are normally in the picture!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

ITS ALL LOOKING GOOD ,i think there will be v lucky posters later ,usual locations could do well .my temp as gone down over last hour .i lost about 5 cms of snow cover over night ,my dear moth inlaw 15 miles further east and 150 ft higher had a slight cover over night . i do like the slowness of this system but radar watching is the key lets hope we get a good wrap round and a slow down ,HERES hoping ,EDIT smoke from yonder chimneys now moving more west , sun which was visible just ,now gone ,pressure just falling ,temp still dropping ,melt off roof slowed . bath ready going for a soak ,will check radar first .drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

How much have you got now? Only heavy rain/sleet here in Yelverton.

it took a while to settle but around 3 cms so far I would say on top of what was there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: early spring, warm summers and cold winters

Currently 4c here with heavy rain.

Posted

where are all the central southerners?! i'm working in Farnborough at present, have a meeting in winchester this afternoon until 5pm, then have to get home to bournemouth afterwards.

Am i going to make it?!

Surely what is falling now across the New Forest/Bournemouth/Southampton area is rain is it not?

*edit* - the missus says it is raining heavily in bournemouth.

Edited by Pharaoh Clutchstraw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Think the eastern edge of this lump is only going to clip me here on the eastern side of the Itchen. No ppn falling here yet, and if it does it will fall as rain.

1.5C (feels like -2), DP -0.8 and rising. Wet bulb 0.6C. Wind NE 2Bft.

Enjoyed reading about the excitement of last night but signing off now to do some work. I will only be back today if it snows. If you see me here tell me to get out!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Temperatures are rising but we have a few hours yet before this system reches us lets just hope it cools of after mid day. 1.6c

Posted

I just hope we get some decent T storms in the summer months to make up for this lack of white fluffy stuff.........given up all hope now but its still been an exciting week or so speculating and seeing what everyone else got.

Posted

East wind started up and is now quite breezy and cold out there (feeling) but the temp has shot up to 1.5c. Will have to keep an eye on it to see if it dips this pm. Partner works south of Bristol, took a flask, some mars bars and a sleeping bag, just in case the M5 grinds to a halt going north tonight.

Edited by Uncle Gargy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

where are all the central southerners?! i'm working in Farnborough at present, have a meeting in winchester this afternoon until 5pm, then have to get home to bournemouth afterwards.

Am i going to make it?!

Surely what is falling now across the New Forest/Bournemouth/Southampton area is rain is it not?

radar shows rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

East wind started up and is now quite breezy and cold out there (feeling) but the temp has shot up to 1.5c. Will have to keep an eye on it to see if it dips this pm. Partner works south of Bristol, took a flask, some mars bars and a sleeping bag, just in case the M5 grinds to a halt going north tonight.

Probably wise of him with so much uncertainty in the forecast, travelling any distance its always best to be prepared.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny summers, cold and snowy winters. Traditional seasons please!

Am i going to make it?!

Some of us are here! I am keeping an eye on the radar. The met office has the heavy snow arriving here around 6pm, but the band of precipitation seems to be heading NW. So I'm not highly confident of a lot of snow here. Still, these things can change at the last minute so I know I will be checking that radar every half an hour or so!!

Edited by lynnsim

Posted

Am i going to make it?!

Hi mate, I'm on a late. It is not raining in Locks Heath yet. DP -2, air temp 1, wind straight out of the north

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

Temperature has risen here now 2.5c with dew point of 0.1c humidity 84% wind light ENE.

Posted

Temperature has risen here now 2.5c with dew point of 0.1c humidity 84% wind light ENE.

1.7°C 85% humidity and dew point -0.4°C

Still seems to be local varations, intresting tho.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

If you back track through the radar the system as a whole is moving pretty much north I think. The rotation seems to give it a NW movement each frame. Might be wishful thinking though....

Edited by SilverWolf

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All Weather

Sleet starting to fall from the precip coming off the channel, rain on the Dorset coast but a sleety mix 10miles inland where the temp is currently 2.5c and falling.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Ian just tweeted that meto warning about to be updated.... clapping.gifclapping.gif

BBC Weatherâ€@bbcweather

Rain and sleet turning to snow in parts of SW England this afternoon and evening. Warnings are being upgraded. Details to follow #snow NM

Edited by mullender83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

That ppn is certainly heavier than what we saw on Friday, if that intensity holds as it moves into the west country and if it falls as snow then it could beat Friday's event, if it settles that is.

Edited by Smartie

Posted

Elevation will be all important through the lunchtime/afternoon period if you want snow then I think the snow level will start

dropping towards evening.

Also important will be how heavy the precipitation is, as evaporative cooling should come into play and raise snow chances,

and it looks pretty heavy on the radar!

Posted

Good luck somerset you look to be in the firing line today :D

Warnings updated in Weston Super Mare could do well today could be a prime spot along with mendips.