Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 05/02/13 08z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

i c the met have updated their warning to include parts of the south and s.midlands.

Posted

Steady rain here for most of the morning. Current temp is 4.6c, although it seems to have stopped climbing now. DP is 4.3c

I know it's still hours before anything might happen, but I ain't holding my breath.

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and hot, sunny summers!

Temps now starting to drop here, down to 3.9C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Any forecasts I have seen have suggested very little snow. It is very wet for any to settle too. I would expect rain and anything else is a bonus.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Snow now back to rain here now. 0.6c Dp 0.2c. Im pretty sure it will turn back to snow later as Dp's drop.. there's a little pocket of slightly warmer uppers just over us atm.

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Perhaps no one has read, MetO is saying "5 to 10cm over kent and more locally over Midlands and Essex". Forgive me for thinking thats a very promising indication at this timescale ?

Edited by kmanmx

Posted

Perhaps no one has read, MetO is saying "5 to 10cm over kent and more locally over Midlands and Essex". Forgive me for thinking thats a very promising indication at this timescale ?

Yes, the front should stall and pivot later today over the midlands and N/England when there will be cooler temp's

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

don't you just love the forecasters? some could see snow some could see rain, some could see a lot, some could see little or none. well I think they've just about covered every eventuality there. who the hell needs super computers when you can come up with all those possible outcomes?

Posted

im fairly confused by this, when they say more loacally over the mids does this mean less likely, as they tend to use the word local meaning the odd location, so are they saying more locations will have 10cm+ or very few?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and hot, sunny summers!

im fairly confused by this, when they say more loacally over the mids does this mean less likely, as they tend to use the word local meaning the odd location, so are they saying more locations will have 10cm+ or very few?

My interpretation would be:

5-10cm over kent.

>10cm in favoured parts of the Midlands and Essex

Posted

They are saying most areas will see some snow later, and the midlands/essex could see more locally ie certain areas..

Posted

don't you just love the forecasters? some could see snow some could see rain, some could see a lot, some could see little or none. well I think they've just about covered every eventuality there. who the hell needs super computers when you can come up with all those possible outcomes?

You realise that's exactly what will happen with this set up? They've forecasted it perfectly, they cannot give anymore detail as snowfall amounts will range drastically in ranges as short as 5 miles apart!

Posted

Band is breaking up already south and east of the midlands!!oh well never mInd!!

good I wouldn't mind an hour dry spell before the snow comes more chance of it sticking

Posted

Temperatures peaked here at 4.7 degrees, it has now fallen to 4.5 degrees, it seems that as we have now gone past midday, the temperatures won't go any higher today and will gradually start to fall.

And yes, it will pep up more later as it interacts with the cold block

Edited by fourseasons

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Yeah temperature has stalled here now. It's going to start dropping soon.

MetO has me down for heavy snow at 6pm, 9pm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

I am so puzzled why are the airports showing rain to snow then back to rain when the temps will be at there coldest later on and through monday wouldnt just stay as snow.nea.gif

Posted

I think Ian Fergieweather may have tweeted that the risk of snow has increased for west and SW midlands, perhaps even a few cm. Something to do with the LP intensifying.

Posted

I think Ian Fergieweather may have tweeted that the risk of snow has increased for west and SW midlands, perhaps even a few cm. Something to do with the LP intensifying.

Yes something JH talked of early'er this morning.

Posted

The only snow Met Office are forecasting for Leicester now is some light snow at 21:00, with it raining all the way up until 21:00.

Oh dear.