Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 05/02/13 08z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

I'm feeling pretty lazy today. Got my Binoculars out, focussed to 3 meters. I can now inspect the precipitation falling onto my car without moving. good.gif

Edited by kmanmx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

what a miserable soaked day so far. why couldn't all of this rain have been snow in the first place. I have known rain to turn to snow and for it to stick really quite rapidly but not sure the temps are going low enough at the moment and tomorrow's temps of a few degrees above freezing doesn't bode well either. Let's hope I'm completely wrong and we end up with several hours of heavy snow but I very much doubt it.

Posted

I'm feeling pretty lazy today. Got my Binoculars out, focussed to 3 meters. I can now inspect the precipitation falling onto my car without moving. good.gif

lol who needs the Met Office when we've got kmanmx on the case!

good.gif

Bish

Posted

We need a shard in the midlands so someone could pop up n tell us what level the snows at. I bet alot of these times we,d realise we've missed out by 50meters lol. Www.buxtonweather.co.uk ... 518m looking very snowy.

Posted

Blow em down the A45.

Wind is strong enough! Can see ice in the raindrops on the window now. DP down to 1.5C here, seems to be going to plan? Surely not!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

temp and dp down a fair bit in the last hour - dp now 2.7, temp 3.9. Very wet and horrible out there!

Posted

lol who needs the Met Office when we've got kmanmx on the case!

good.gif

Bish

rofl.gif

In more serious news, poultry thermometer is reporting 2.9c.

Posted

Wind is strong enough! Can see ice in the raindrops on the window now. DP down to 1.5C here, seems to be going to plan? Surely not!

Yeah, the wind has picked up a touch..

Posted

By the way, has everybody noticed how well this thread is flowing today? Much better to have one Midlands thread IMO. Good banter as well :)

Bish

Posted

By the way, has everybody noticed how well this thread is flowing today? Much better to have one Midlands thread IMO. Good banter as well smile.png

Bish

Just need Andy back and all will be good with the world. Well, apart from the lack of snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

We need a shard in the midlands so someone could pop up n tell us what level the snows at. I bet alot of these times we,d realise we've missed out by 50meters lol. Www.buxtonweather.co.uk ... 518m looking very snowy.

Well it's still only sleet here and at 360 m. It's difficult to tell from the web cam at the Cat and Fiddle if it's snowing or not as it's looked like that since the camera came back on air; lying snow has persisted there from falls about a week ago.

Edit; The temperature there is between 0c and 1c so if it's not snowing it can't be far off.

Edited by Terminal Moraine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow!!!!

just been out to tidy car and it feels bitterly cold, which is strange as still showing nearly 4c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

temp 3.1 here was 4.7 at around 12ish still rain temps dropping as forecast though ive got a good feeling about this

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

No idea what the temp or dew point is but still raining here and no sign of sleet yet. Temp was 3.5c a couple of hours ago and falling.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

temp still showing around 4c and hasn't really changed for the past hour or so. i should point out this is not a state of the art temp guage so could be read either +-1c or so either way. the temp needs to start dropping and soon if we are going to get anything out of this

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and hot, sunny summers!

Temp now dropped to 2.8C (down 0.7C in the last hour), DP 2.1C. Should see the rain turning to sleet soon in another hour so I reckon.

Posted

temp still showing around 4c and hasn't really changed for the past hour or so. i should point out this is not a state of the art temp guage so could be read either +-1c or so either way. the temp needs to start dropping and soon if we are going to get anything out of this

4C ???

I'm showing 2.6c

Edited by lancs_northants

Posted

On XCWeather, if you play the Wind Direction tab on animated you'll see a very definite deviation on the latest frame - winds turning more easterly, which presumably is a good sign overall.

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Absoulutely hammering it down here such a waste, just think what could have been, u just know when it is cold enough to snow there wont be much ppn about.