Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 05/02/13 08z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

About 2cm of fresh snow here, most of it coming down in about 20 minutes; the snow is now light but persistent.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy snow,,,hot sun and thunderstorms in summer

snowing for last 5 mins but not settling some big 50p size flakes thoughgood.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder storms and hot summer days with a cool breeze

Another big lump coming in off the Irish Sea. Looks better positioned for Birmingham area.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

What is a joke is the fact that the front completely broke up on its western flank , it's the a combination of the welsh mountains then the very low ground toward droitwitch and redditch it happens every year it's pathetic .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Snowed this morning for 10 minutes heavily, stuck for a little bit. Snow in the last hour didn't stick and wasn't overally heavy. Stopped and turned to rain now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

Yes sleet here also, looks like an unpleasant evening to come.

Posted

Really great looking ukmo +144 chart cant get over it, lets see what the ecm has to deliver

I hope it's better that's if it can get any better, all I want is 2 foot of snow not to much to ask for haha !

Posted

another great day here, couple cms overnight, showers on off all day, but really heavy at 3.00pm for 30mins, I was on the A515 Ashbourne to Buxton road, white out at Newhaven.

no tracks in road !!!, though I was going to get stuck, but turned off down to Via Gella, dropped about 150mtrs was a lot better.

Epic while it lasted.

Posted

I remember saying last weekend that this week will be a mix of excitement and misery. Well we've had both in the last 24 hours. Great hail and snow squalls last night. Now we have a miserable and dank evening. Onwards to the wintry sunshine next tomorrow!

Edited by Gord

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Thursday/aftenoon /evening perhaps a covering, more potential the weekendrofl.gif

Posted

Here in Rushden (though I wasn't here) about 4pm there was a temporary covering. In Bedford it was pish, just 10-15 minutes worth of heavy horizontal sleet. When I got home we had some sleet about 6pm, now the temperature is up at 4.6C and was chucking it down with rain a few minutes ago. I'm quite surprised given that the uppers are -2C to -3C that this warm sector is so pronounced in early February. See what the northerly brings, but I can easily see max temperatures of 4-5C inland unless you are under a streamer. Given the synoptics and 850s that should be more indicative of late February not early February.

Posted

It is rather strange to see fairly mild temps the next few days under chilly uppers, Thursday for instance looking like a rainy afternoon despite cold air in place.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

It is rather strange to see fairly mild temps the next few days under chilly uppers, Thursday for instance looking like a rainy afternoon despite cold air in place.

I think thats february, not a highly rated winter month by me, could feel the strength in that sun today, if we had this setup mid dec to mid Jan, would be colder, arctic air tomorrow and max of 6C, would be 1C in Dec

Feb of course has the advantage of a weaker Atlantic, so makes it colder than dec and Jan, but Feb wont deliver as well as Dec and Jan, if Dec and Jan were to have cold setups

Edited by Gimmesomesnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder storms and hot summer days with a cool breeze

Can someone explain why, on the Will it Snow feature, does it say that Brum has a 70% chance of snow on Friday but Nuneaton and Coventry are both showing 0%?