Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 05/02/13 08z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Trying not to get too excited but met office have Leicester down for Heavy Snow for the whole of Sunday!

Says sleet for half the day for me.

Posted

Says sleet for half the day for me.

I refreshed the page and its still showing as heavy snow for the whole of Sunday.

Google 'metoffice Leicester' and click the first link 'Leicester weather forecast'.

Posted

I refreshed the page and its still showing as heavy snow for the whole of Sunday.

Google 'metoffice Leicester' and click the first link 'Leicester weather forecast'.

This tends to be a more detailed output. Adjust to your exact location accordingly, this is Leicester city center.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/leicester#?tab=fiveDay

Edited by kmanmx

Posted

Trying not to get too excited but met office have Leicester down for Heavy Snow for the whole of Sunday!

dont blame you cos the latest ukmo 12z has snow practically from start to finish across the east midlands with really heavy precipitiation!

Posted

dont blame you cos the latest ukmo 12z has snow practically from start to finish across the east midlands with really heavy precipitiation!

shaky, can you post the chart for the others to see please? i cant and it would be nice for there to be evidence

Posted

Oh man I hope UKMO is on the ball. 48hours out though, still a lot can and *will* change.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

is it me or has the low tracked more south w especially on the UKMO if that trend contiues the midlands and wales could do very well from this but there is still so much uncertaintity so expect upgrades and downgrades right up until sunday anything is possible.help.gif

Posted

If UKMO comes off the East Midlands could take a pasting and that includes the cities of Nottingham, Derby & Leicester however been here to many times before to get too excited until its literally falling out the sky

Posted

oh so quiet on here considering this could be one of the biggest snow events for quite some time especially for the east mids!

I know surprising!!i think its the fact that us midlanders have been let down before in situations like this!!everyone just keeping their composure!!

Posted

Looks good for the whole midlands from the charts on the mod thread, even Wales will have snow so we will defiantly be cold enough :)

Posted

oh so quiet on here considering this could be one of the biggest snow events for quite some time especially for the east mids!

always is really, id say the midlands thread has the largest novice population, for example if things stay the same and they see forecasts it will be very busy tommorow evening, you should see the place on a boring september week

Posted

We have learnt (well, we should have) to go on the side of caution as these kind of events have a funny habbit of falling flat on their face for the midlands at the last minute.

Posted

Yh its hard to get exited when no one knows the exact details of whats going to happen.

Posted

Met office have just changed the warnings for my area from sleet to heavy snow from sunday afternoon, and light snow through monday, hope they are right.

Posted

Difficult to know what is going to happen. Likely to begin as rain in my opinion and urn to snow late Sunday is my best guess.

More leeway in the easy midlands than the west initially.

Would not surprise me if northern midlands into southern northern england did best.

However, it is very marginal and perhaps will struggle to stick for a while.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

mild day today with a high of 6.0C, time of year now, higher sun etc, if it was Dec/early Jan, this setup would be around 1C max

keep hearing we are in a cold spell? I am still waiting for it, Feb is over rated as a cold month with cold synoptics in place

Posted

mild day today with a high of 6.0C, time of year now, higher sun etc, if it was Dec/early Jan, this setup would be around 1C max

keep hearing we are in a cold spell? I am still waiting for it, Feb is over rated as a cold month with cold synoptics in place

I completely agree with you...except your use of the word mild. 6C is never mild in any month in this country.

Driving down to Banbury and back on Sunday afternoon. I think we'll be OK but am a little concerned. Anyone think I have reason to be concerned?

Edited by Gord