Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 05/02/13 08z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Even NAE has it as rain for Sunday. And NAE is usually the enthusiastic one when it comes to snow.

As potent gust said still a lot could happen, but as of now, I think the temps will be too high. Only the UKMO is keeping temps decently low.

Posted

The latest NAE only goes out to 6am Sunday, so how do you know what Sunday 6pm going to be?

I don't. So yes it could turn to snow later. But it's not looking great when 6am temps are 4c for our area.

Edited by kmanmx

Posted

Problem with the nae is that the slider is slightly further north it was a bit more south then we would defo have a snow event!!lets see what the 12z brings

I don't. So yes it could turn to snow later. But it's not looking great when 6am temps are 4c for our area.

And the ukmo shows temps of 0/1 degrees which is perfect for snow!!i have a bad feeling about this!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

To be fair you should know that there is a warm sector over the uk Sunday , it's the night it's turning to snow , if you looked at the models then you should know it was always going to be a rain to snow event.

Posted

To be fair you should know that there is a warm sector over the uk Sunday , it's the night it's turning to snow , if you looked at the models then you should know it was always going to be a rain to snow event.

I know it was going to be rain to snow yeah. Anyway, 06z GFS is much better temps now anyway. GFS showing rain and snow, snow north of sheffield. Better than before where it was just rain for everywhere except scotland. GFS often seems to downplay chances of snow anyway.

Should be looking at NAE turning it more to snow later in the day.

Edited by kmanmx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

New warnings out from the met office now wether this is a upgrade or downgrade take your pick 10cms of snow in some parts of the midlands but in monday's warning its only has the northern parts of the w mids. I think the staffs area could very well be the sweet spot.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

I think nothing is decided yet just a few miles difference sw on that low that hasnt even formed yet and we would all be back in the firing line many more changes i predict this is complicated even for the pros

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

well the met sticking to their guns and stil the yellow alert in place for w.midlands for sunday and monday. So i stil wouldn't say game over.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

some1 was saying if this setup could be like 91, how i wish it was like that. I would love to c a repete of dec 90 or feb 91. I remembor dec 90 when rain turnd to snow and we got over a foot of snow here in brum.

Posted

I think prospects for certainly the East Midlands and say Nottingham remain good for sunday/monday but obviously things could still go wrong

Edited by Ryan05

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heavy Rain

Good upgrade from meto but still sound un certain. Forecasting sleet instead of heavy rain for telford on sunday now.

Posted

Just saw the shockingly atrocious presentation of the local forecast on Midlands Today! It was virtually incomprehensible.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Still hope to get away with a dry day sunday, and the rain can come at night/evening, or is that too optimistic

tomorrow looks wet also, dismal times Feb is meant to be cold and dry

Posted

Just saw the shockingly atrocious presentation of the local forecast on Midlands Today! It was virtually incomprehensible.

I didnt see it, but let me guess the brief overview ...."covering all bases" (i.e. we havent got a clue , but keep paying me £30,000 a year thank you very much)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Still hope to get away with a dry day sunday, and the rain can come at night/evening, or is that too optimistic

you are in the best place IMO for snow sunday into monday cheer up whistling.gif

Posted

Unless there is a big Southward correction you won’t be seeing a dry day on Sunday, I just want the current projections to hold and it all looks very interesting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Thunderstorms, Snow

Is this a joke Gimmesomesnow?

If we were going to see corrections southwards that would ultimately lead us to a dry day the low would already be projected over north France.

The issue is it- rain to snow, all rain, all snow?

Also the 120h chart on UKMO has -14c uppers! Ive got a conversion chart saved on my comp to convert thicknesses and air pressure to 850hpa temps.

post-8435-0-28719800-1360333928_thumb.jp

Edited by Paceyboy

Posted

The likes of North Staffs/ Stoke/North Shropshire particularly with any elevation look likely to be in a sweet spot sunday night into Monday.

Posted

At the moment this low hasn't even developed yet so know body knows where it's going or what's going to fall or how heavy it's going to fall, most people saying the midlands are in a good spot so let's leave it at that and watch the system develop over Saturday day/night, and yes most people want it snow so fingers crossed 15cm will do lol