Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East/East Anglia Regional Discussion 11/02/13 00z ----->

A.J

Posted

Probably about 2 to 3cms at Watford, slightly above freezing, still snowing but not so heavy as it has been - the problem is that with it being so sticky it has gunged up the tv satellite dish which is facing into wind and can't get any programs on it.

A bit more to come according to the satellite.

Just down the road from you Mike and its suprising how little has settled given its been snowing for almost 9 hours in this area now.

Posted

Just marking 7.2 against your name on my hand written chart Jo, I'll have you know, and expecting a lovely brown envelope on its way to me now. That is 17.2 isnt it, my eyes are terrible!

Tom.

what is your job again rofl.gif

Posted

I have just been out with the measuring stick, 5cms now. Am on the last of the Wine then will have to crash. After last night and tonight I think most of my blood has been turned into Alcohol. diablo.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Wet snow here becoming more iced snow covering the cars..not much else.. yet!

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted

Pavements and grass going under now, its taken its time.

Tom.

Ditto. Looking at the 5 min radar loop, we should get an hour more of this.

Posted

Actually stating to settle on pavements, but it will need a good hour at this thickness to cover

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Ive just gone out there and ive 7.2 cm now woopy,but freezing cold hands and feet air_kiss.gifair_kiss.gifair_kiss.gifair_kiss.gifair_kiss.gifair_kiss.gifair_kiss.gif lol

You Essex girls, any chance you can, take yer shoes off and dance round yer handbag, even in the snow!

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Just marking 7.2 against your name on my hand written chart Jo, I'll have you know, and expecting a lovely brown envelope on its way to me now. That is 17.2 isnt it, my eyes are terrible!

Tom.

Lol now im being thick,good job its this late and not many people on here,all i know is 7.2 cm on my ruler lol da unsure.pngdoh.gifdoh.gifdoh.gifdoh.gifdoh.gifdoh.gifdoh.gifdoh.gif old school

Posted

The Radar returns are amazing. Sudden brighter colours popping up which of course means thicker Snow. I would hate to be at the Met Office tonight. What a nightmare for them. Snow is notoriously hard to predict but most people seem to think that they should know anyway. Bless 'em. rofl.gif

Posted

Took a good long drive this evening. From Reading to Christmas Common around 7pm, a bit lying up there and in Stokenchurch by then but only a covering. Drove through High Wycombe and up to Amersham, then over to Dunstable. Some decent stuff coming down by that point. Then I drove back down the M1/M25/M40 to HIgh Wycombe again and it was realy coming down! Proper big flakes. Driving down the big hill on the A4010 there was a tanker stuck in the snow. Thence up to Stokenchurch again, by which time I reckomn there was a good 3-4 inches. Driving back towards Nettlebed I encountered near-blizzard conditions; so much so, that I had to drive with dipped headlights as the snow was blinding on full beams. A small covering in Henley, and now back in Reading where the cars are covered, but nothing else. Still, the front of my car has a large amount of snow stuck to it to testitfy to what I saw!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

I have just been out with the measuring stick, 5cms now. Am on the last of the Wine then will have to crash. After last night and tonight I think most of my blood has been turned into Alcohol. diablo.gif

Join the club lol,mines pure alcohol,100 percent volume

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

So much for "patchy snow" re the met more like widespread with varying amounts I'm in zone2of London right now and really thought I was in for a slush fest this is the second most amount of snow I've seen this winter (though it's not hard) lol

Posted

You Essex girls, any chance you can, take yer shoes off and dance round yer handbag, even in the snow!

Tom.

We could, but not tonight, White Handbags would get lost in Snow. A bit like my Daughters mate who on a Hen wknd in Barcelona buried her Handbag then forgot where it was. She lost Hundreds of pounds. ROFL.

Posted

Perhaps 1cm here. Everything nicely covered

Hi Jan,

You've probably got this heavy stuff now too, have you?

I wonder how Tilly is doing?

Cheers,

Tom.

Posted

Lol now im being thick,good job its this late and not many people on here,all i know is 7.2 cm on my ruler lol da unsure.pngdoh.gifdoh.gifdoh.gifdoh.gifdoh.gifdoh.gifdoh.gifdoh.gif old school

Just remember Jo that most Men think that 6" is as long as their TV's!!! lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Settling snow on cars and roofs now. steady snow.

Posted

Right meds has kicked in and feeling drowsy. Good night all & have fun. Here's hoping that the next event that comes our way is a lot less marginal.

Nite, nite, I will be following shortly. Not WITH you but u know what I mean. x

Posted

We could, but not tonight, White Handbags would get lost in Snow. A bit like my Daughters mate who on a Hen wknd in Barcelona buried her Handbag then forgot where it was. She lost Hundreds of pounds. ROFL.

I dont know but I'm sure Croydon on a Friday/Saturday night could give you Essex ladies a run for your money!

Tom.