Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East/East Anglia Regional Discussion 11/02/13 00z ----->

A.J

Guest bjaykent

This snow malarki is hard work every time i go to check its still snowing i have a ciggy and a voddy,phew but somebody's got to do it

Not quite so heavy here now, think I might be able to see the smoke from your ciggie LOL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Exciting weather!

Still chucking it down here :) Lovely covering of atleast 4cms! I'd like to know how much rain/snow we've had today= a lot i'm sure!

Gonna get up early before it all melts ......happy days!

Night all!!!!!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Yes they do and it's people like us that keep the Snow and Country going! Cheers.

Yep we are brave and tough,loland bottoms up ,could very wellrofl.gif be if we walk out our front doors tom

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Absolutely tanking it down here decent flakes and in 10mins the main road has covered over!!

Posted

Me like ta for that john.

Bloody internet on phones suck. In case anyone is wondering why i am not using my pc its upstairs and i cannot get to it after undergoing a operation last tuesday on my groin. Everything is on mend though and what a way to spend recovery.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Glad to see some have been lucky. Got just under 3cm here and been snowing reasonably heavy bursts since 11pm, some 50p sized flakes biggest snow of the winter in intensity..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Complete non event for us in Sussex , it has rained all day long and is still coming down , anybody know we might see even one snow flake here? Please help

The far South is stuck under the slightly milder zone, your winds probably westerly drawing in milder air other than colder air as further north/east, dew points/surface temps higher so rain falls not snow.

Look at the charts below from NAE for 3am

Upper temperatures 850/1000hpa:

13021103_2_1018.gif

Dew points:

13021103_2_1018.gif

Surface Temps:

13021103_2_1018.gif

Next the Surface pressure, follow the lines onto the near continent and the feed of a colder southeasterly ,

13021103_2_1018.gif

The surface wind chart below same time:

13021103_2_1018.gif

ESS

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

just been out with the spideman ruler-

1cm here in Greenhithe- I bet 2 or 3 up the hill to bean & dartford.

Radar looks ominous like it did 90 mins ago-

the 100>105 AM radar return has echoes of green all the way back down to the heart of Kent-

DA9 in the very east of the streamer- Great locations to Be DA6,up to SE9 in this colum directly North into the city & out to essex...

S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Chucking it down here. Really piling up, biggest flakes of the day so far!

Snow depths are easily approaching 5cm's.

Edited by danm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Heaviest snow of the winter this evening. Still coming down very heavily. Went outside about 15 minutes ago and measured just over 3 inches on garden table. Not sure how much longer this will go on for but have to crawl into bed. Night all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Yep we are brave and tough,loland bottoms up ,could very wellrofl.gif be if we walk out our front doors tom

Dont blame me! cray.gif

Tom.

Posted

Me like ta for that john.

Bloody internet on phones suck. In case anyone is wondering why i am not using my pc its upstairs and i cannot get to it after undergoing a operation last tuesday on my groin. Everything is on mend though and what a way to spend recovery.

You poor thing. Never mind, why not join Jo and I with a drink and a Ciggie?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Son is now running around pulling Hair out. He has a flight to Spain very early Tues morning, and yes with Ryanair who do NOT refund money when flights are cancelled. His G/F who is Spanish is asleep and does not give a Damn! Bless.

I think it will be fine by then. I think??????

I'm sure it will be ok. Just give it an extra hour before the extra hour before take off. I've got the same anxiety about my flight to Jersey from Gatwick on Wednesday morning, but at least it's BA who do give refunds (?).

Posted

Dont blame me! cray.gif

Tom.

I won't. I have Ice grippers for shoes so I can go anywhere without falling over. However this does not work after a few gallons of Wine.drinks.gif

Posted
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , Sun and lightning
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton

The far South is stuck under the slightly milder zone, your winds probably westerly drawing in milder air other than colder air as further north/east, dew points/surface temps higher so rain falls not snow.

Look at the charts below from NAE for 3am

Upper temperatures 850/1000hpa:

13021103_2_1018.gif

Dew points:

13021103_2_1018.gif

Surface Temps:

13021103_2_1018.gif

Next the Surface pressure, follow the lines onto the near continent and the feed of a colder southeasterly ,

13021103_2_1018.gif

The surface wind chart below same time:

13021103_2_1018.gif

ESS

Guest bjaykent

Almost stopped in DA12, gritter lorry has just rather irritatingly spoilt the snow cover on my road. Time for bed, got to get up again in 4 hours!

Posted

I'm sure it will be ok. Just give it an extra hour before the extra hour before take off. I've got the same anxiety about my flight to Jersey from Gatwick on Wednesday morning, but at least it's BA who do give refunds (?).

I know, but they don't fly to Valencia. Bummer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

just been out with the spideman ruler-

1cm here in Greenhithe- I bet 2 or 3 up the hill to bean & dartford.

Radar looks ominous like it did 90 mins ago-

the 100>105 AM radar return has echoes of green all the way back down to the heart of Kent-

DA9 in the very east of the streamer- Great locations to Be DA6,up to SE9 in this colum directly North into the city & out to essex...

S

Oh yer im there,but prob wont be awake,but yay anyway clapping.gifclapping.gif