Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East/East Anglia Regional Discussion 11/02/13 00z ----->

A.J

Posted
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , Sun and lightning
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton

Yes at 4.35 am theres one heading your way

Thanks I will look it for it and catch it

Posted

Whilst sitting here watching radar I neglected to look out of window. Big Flakes and about 4cm of Snow now!

The Wind is bashing it against everything. Feel sorry for the Birds that I fed earlier, the stuff has now got 4cm of Snow on it. Poor things.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Precipitation charts evening updates

NAE midnight to 6am:

13021106_1018.gif

GFS midnight chart

13021100_2_1018.gif

GFS 6am

13021106_2_1018.gif

GFS 12pm

13021112_2_1018.gif

Charts show snow around SE/EA into Monday morning with some patches/shws of sleet or snow through Monday.

Next is Tuesday, GFS shows light snow around

13021212_2_1018.gif

Last, GFS Wednesday Eve

13021318_2_1018.gif

Shows heavy snow across Northern England but changes may occur and things shift south, this is what i expect and that bringing us into the situation of sleet/snow event, i think we keep the cold as the fronts hit so i expect snow event Wednesday before rainfall then milder with rain after that.

Moving ahead and the milder weather only temporary with cold returning by next week, i imagine some more snow events as the cold battles to shift away!

ESS

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Well the heavier stuff is here but not setling anyway, never mind. It's better this way, no distruption tomorrow.

That's a bit of a relief. I've got to fly out of Gatwick and back on Wednesday for a funeral and don't want the airport closed or backed up with cancelled flights.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Heavy snow, approx. 4-5cm's lying in the garden, 2-3cm's on pavements and roads.

Complete non event for us in Sussex , it has rained all day long and is still coming down , anybody know we might see even one snow flake here? Please help

im afraid not- go to bed now.

Milder air & partial thicknessed for the south of the region over 1300 Dam- so no real chance of flurries till late tomorrow as it comes back south

S

Posted

Heaviest snow of the winter,no need to look atthe lampost,just a white haze everwhere

Yup, I thought it was Fog at first. But Flakes are much bigger now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Thanks I will look it for it and catch it

Im only here to help,and full of technical jargon like its snowing,its raining,its cold etc,lol tease.gif

Posted

Could be a conneticut here for me tonight now so will stay up and use that as an excuse to drink more wine and moan at work tomorrowspiteful.gifspiteful.gif

Posted

Think that's our lot in terms of heavier bands. Still falling outside and soothing to watch, but the ground work undertaken by the larger flaks about 30 mins ago has dissipated I'm afraid.

Long way to go for the North of our region though. Enjoy.

Posted

Posted

Son is now running around pulling Hair out. He has a flight to Spain very early Tues morning, and yes with Ryanair who do NOT refund money when flights are cancelled. His G/F who is Spanish is asleep and does not give a Damn! Bless.

I think it will be fine by then. I think??????

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

This snow malarki is hard work every time i go to check its still snowing i have a ciggy and a voddy,phew but somebody's got to do it

Posted

Nothing here, tiny bits of sleet blowing about, very wet, gone up to 0.6C. RainToday still shows it right over us for several hours but it won't be the first time it's done this and absolutely nothing has made it to ground.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

Son is now running around pulling Hair out. He has a flight to Spain very early Tues morning, and yes with Ryanair who do NOT refund money when flights are cancelled. His G/F who is Spanish is asleep and does not give a Damn! Bless.

I think it will be fine by then. I think??????

Yeah will be fine by tues morning. Don't worry

Posted

This snow malarki is hard work every time i go to check its still snowing i have a ciggy and a voddy,phew but somebody's got to do it

Yes they do and it's people like us that keep the Snow and Country going! Cheers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , Sun and lightning
thanks steve , I can sleep well now , I was getting into a right snow worry but now I know it ain't gonna happen , so thank you Mr Murr , I suspect tomorrow will fail poor olde Sussex for snow chances too , oh well there's always next year!

im afraid not- go to bed now.

Milder air & partial thicknessed for the south of the region over 1300 Dam- so no real chance of flurries till late tomorrow as it comes back south

S

Posted

Yeah will be fine by tues morning. Don't worry

Thanks, will tell him. He is one of life's worry warts.