Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 19th February 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Heres my take on the radar at the moment.

Area 1- Classic Anaprop, not moving anywhere, just jumping around all over the place.

Area 2- Thin shower bands moving in the Easterly flow, but not making it to the ground going on the lack of reports.

post-18801-0-99432400-1361461373_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

I say it's best to wait until later this evening/tonight and watch radar/sat/reports before deciding if it's on or not(tonights snow). With summer convection some times sharp showers are forecast and they either do or don't develop or just light showers, or the convection takes off and something bigger develops. In winter in this situation it's usually the night time hours when things get going, this is to do with surface/air cooling+sea temperatures/sea air temps..

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep snow, thunderstorms, heatwaves

That looks like a massive Thames streamer, shower train stretching all the way back as far as holland, several hours of light to moderate snow to the London, south Essex, northern Kent regions, with that shower train I would be surprised if there is not a widespread 4-6" for areas within its path

Exciting times ahead

Posted

Its been snowing for two hours really quite heavy..... Must be two inches on the ground now...... Oh wait..... Its the dust from my chucking stuff outta the loft for the last two hours..... ;) its 1c dew -7c overcast......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm & Sunny

That looks like a massive Thames streamer, shower train stretching all the way back as far as holland, several hours of light to moderate snow to the London, south Essex, northern Kent regions, with that shower train I would be surprised if there is not a widespread 4-6" for areas within its path

Exciting times ahead

Amber warnings then?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

snow accum for 6pm tomorrow from simon cardy on twitter

post-15445-0-99112700-1361462049_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

after noon guys and gals, well its very chilly out there cold.gif soooo whats the update? are we thinking snow or icing?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

scrap that just seen above .. is coast arround? whats your thoughts?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

snow accum for 6pm tomorrow from simon cardy on twitter

post-15445-0-99112700-1361462049_thumb.p

I know it's not much but I would like to bank this, but if it does happen I will be supprised. Would like the thames to supprise everyone though, similar to the last time.

Posted

Exciting times ahead

Where on earth are you seeing that ?? I suspect you may be looking at whats already been mentioned several times as 'anaprop', ie: faulty radar returns.

Posted

Where on earth are you seeing that ?? I suspect you may be looking at whats already been mentioned several times as 'anaprop', ie: faulty radar returns.

the sooner the radar are upgraded to doplar the better that should be complete by the end or this year

Guest bjaykent

Exciting times ahead

Here is the very latest accumulations chart of GFS 12Z running out to Sunday morning which show 3/4cm to Kent and part of Sussex and yes I am sure there will be local variations with possibilities of streamers etc but nothing to suggest 4-6'' at this stage.

post-16390-0-55210700-1361462758_thumb.g

Posted

Dreading Saturday trying to get a train to London from canterbury!!!!!

I know such bad trains..... Weekend before last someone stole the cables at teynham two hour delays! Depends if your getting highspeed or older trains o victoria/ waterloo east?

Posted

the sooner the radar are upgraded to doplar the better that should be complete by the end or this year

Will they be relocated or are they going to replace existing? will they let non organisational people see the results?

Posted

I know such bad trains..... Weekend before last someone stole the cables at teynham two hour delays! Depends if your getting highspeed or older trains o victoria/ waterloo east?

I am going by highspeed from Canterbury West to a concert in London, getting 12.25 train! Just wanna get there, do not care what happens after!!

Posted

Will they be relocated or are they going to replace existing? will they let non organisational people see the results?

i dont know but fergie ianf said they were currently being replaced so i dont know if they will be able for public view

Posted

Hi Tom. I've heard you mention the switch to Doppler radar several times now. Genuine question mate, where have you heard about that because I can't seem to find any information on it ?