Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 19th February 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted

If anything more than that comes.. Please feel free to message me and say "you were wrong" biggrin.png

You can cc me in on that too.....

Posted

Actually they are very misleading and cause confusion to some people trying to find out what is likely to happen

Lol,Ok, what about when big steve murr posts BOOOOM charts @240 hours or less showing snowmaggedon, he gets 50 "likes" for thosecrazy.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Lol,Ok, what about when big steve murr posts BOOOOM charts @240 hours or less showing snowmaggedon, he gets 50 "likes" for thosecrazy.gif

Not from me, he doesn't...blum.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Was it Nick Cage?help.gif

Almost mate. At one point (after 30 seconds) I thought about downing tools and going home, just incase I got snowed in...... :-D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

As everyone's giving their opinions on snowfall...I'll have mine and say...

No one will get any accumulative snowfall tonight, the way I see it, there's just hardly anything to produce any decent convection off the North-Sea which will make any shower activity frequent and heavy enough to accumulate.

Edited by PerfectStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

I don't think a Thames Streamer is likely to happen based on the informative posts in here, and the MetO forecasts. So lets 'downgrade it' to a Thames Tiddler.... ?

Posted

Okay.. The chances for a Thames streamer tonight and over the next few days look about 20% currently. The hype about it needs to stop lol! If there was a trough sitting out in the sea then maybe we could get hyped up.. NOT yet though :D

Kent may see 1-2CM tonight MAX

Then down the thames into North Surrey and North of the Thames 1-2CM

Only from light showers or light bands...

If anything more than that comes.. Please feel free to message me and say "you were wrong" :D

If a streamer sets up i doubt north surrey will get more than south London or areas south of. Thames streamers are epic for my location places further north don't fair as well believe me i have worked in north surrey before when a streamer set up shop and it gave a few inches there. Got home & we had 8 inches and it was still going strong.

As for the predictions good luck with it however if we do see a streamer set up then it all depends on what we can get coming off the coast & will it expand over the thames?

Hopefully if things go well we could be on for a bit more than your estimates.

We shall see.

Posted

So there's gonna be 9plus hrs of snowfall according to met o app and non of it is going to settle :-) ??

Edited by Sara

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

So there's gonna be 9plus hrs of snowfall according to met o app and non of it is going to settle :-) ??

It says 12 hours for us but all light.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Few flakes falling from the sky here about 25 minutes ago now. 1.7C chilly!!

\

Remember they are in 3 hour intervals, even if one flake of snow falls from the sky at 10:28pm, the whole 9pm-12am will be under a snowflake symbol.

Posted

I suspect that MetO app is based on older data and may have been superseded with the charts and info we have viewed here. Again it will be a broad-brush program to give people who want to know the rudimentary stuff, not as accurate as some of the posts and members analysis here. John Pike is your man for this region and I guess he'll be along soon with an update.

There may be some light snow overnight - possibly for longer periods, but it still looks to be light across the region and no sight of convergence in the next three days just yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

Remember that streamers aren't always heavy snow. What is forecast overnight is technically a streamer (snow along the line of convergence) but its of the light variety!

Imby I've got more hope for 6pm tomorrow onwards into Sat morning, I'm prob too far north for tonight's action but I will keep my fingers crossed and eyes on the radar

Posted

It says 12 hours for us but all light.

Met o app showing heavy snow from 9pm to 3 am and then light for most of the day tomorrow . I do hope so:-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

My expectations are very low....

post-10773-0-34214200-1361467000_thumb.j

............at least that way I won't be disappointed angel.gif

Posted

Going by the met ap at the moment Richmond / Twickenham and similar parts SW of are in for basically nothing overnight - whereas places such as Croydon are on for light snow throughout the wee hours...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Total expected snowfall from hi res NMM model until Midday Saturday. Maybe NW Kent the sweet spot then?

But overall not too exciting imho, if this was to be borne out.

post-11059-0-74749400-1361467145_thumb.p

Posted

............at least that way I won't be disappointed angel.gif

I am confused MKS - that dont' look like snow to me - I could infer all sorts of things from that picture - maybe none of them you would like :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Don't want to put a dampener on things but from my experience the Met Office symbols are pretty hit and miss and best not to place too much faith in. Radar and ones own eyes are best in my view!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Total expected snowfall from hi res NMM model until Midday Saturday. Maybe NW Kent the sweet spot then?

Could be fun for us Medway lot if that come to fruition. :)

Posted

My expectations are very low....

But that's quite some habit you've got there MKSA.....

Posted

I see the part one would exect the most showers to affect (norfolk and suffolk) is once again the dryest in an easterly, just like 2010 and the rest. Hilarious. (Can't spell btw).