Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 19th February 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Dreading Saturday trying to get a train to London from canterbury!!!!!

I spent 2 hours stuck in a snow drift on a train with no heating just outside Selling..trouble was I had set out from Whitstable got as far a Faversham and they said they had lost contact with the previous train somewhere between Faversham and Sittingbourne,so they diverted us down to Dover! We then got stuck in massive drifts so eventually reversed back to faversham.Then they said it was now going via Ramsgate and Dover!!! jumped off at Whitstable 4 hours after I had set out..... good luckrofl.gif

Posted

There is a doppler radar site here:

http://www.weather2day.com/radar/uk/23

Doesn't look as good as the NW freebie, but it's something else to look at I guess

Posted

That looks like a massive Thames streamer, shower train stretching all the way back as far as holland, several hours of light to moderate snow to the London, south Essex, northern Kent regions, with that shower train I would be surprised if there is not a widespread 4-6" for areas within its path

Exciting times ahead

Do you never learn?? Nowhere in the SE is going to get six inches, the conditions are not conducive!

Posted

That looks like a massive Thames streamer, shower train stretching all the way back as far as holland, several hours of light to moderate snow to the London, south Essex, northern Kent regions, with that shower train I would be surprised if there is not a widespread 4-6" for areas within its path

:doh:

internet-troll-20110516-102141.jpg

Posted

Hi Tom. I've heard you mention the switch to Doppler radar several times now. Genuine question mate, where have you heard about that because I can't seem to find any information on it ?

Here is some information on it, very easy to find by using google: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/water/radarimprovements

I think the plan is to upgrade existing radar sites as well as look at introducing a new radar for East Anglia, currently EA is in a bit of a black spot and hence the propensity for anaprop.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep snow, thunderstorms, heatwaves

Where on earth are you seeing that ?? I suspect you may be looking at whats already been mentioned several times as 'anaprop', ie: faulty radar returns.

The NAE for overnight Friday into Saturday

Posted

nae

13022218_2106.gif

13022306_2106.gif

streamer blum.gif

i want to see the next one of this

got to go out but be back later

THIS is the Thames streamer chart I was talking about

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

doh.gif

Why are you posting pictures of me at home...wheres the camera?? doh.gif

Posted

:doh:

I was talking about the chart I have just quoted :) JP's NAE for 6am Saturday

Showers stretching all the way to holland and heading down the estuary

Edited by CWT2012

Posted

Here is some information on it, very easy to find by using google: http://www.metoffice...darimprovements

I think the plan is to upgrade existing radar sites as well as look at introducing a new radar for East Anglia, currently EA is in a bit of a black spot and hence the propensity for anaprop.

Thanks for that link Pinball. Interesting good.gif

Posted

Met office app says heavy snow from 9pm tonight up till 6 am and then light snow most of the day tomorrow for my area. But there's no weather warnings as yet :-)

If your telling me porkie pies met o app I'm deleting you :-)

Edited by Sara

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Mm, I see some are photo shopping to meet their needs, Tamara. whistling.gif

Regards,

Tom.

My skills are always for hire for this sort of thing. I'm not called Technophobe Tamara for nothing when it comes to my cutting and pasting skillsacute.gifbiggrin.png

Posted

Site communication from our office:

Dear Leatherhead colleagues,

The Met Office are forecasting snow overnight tonight, continuing to tomorrow morning and possibly throughout Friday. Gritting will happen on site tonight and we will continue to monitor conditions. We do not currently anticipate issues with accessing site tomorrow and expect Leatherhead to be open as normal.

Posted

I was talking about the chart I have just quoted smile.png JP's NAE for 6am Saturday

Showers stretching all the way to holland and heading down the estuary

Dont worry about it, your posts make me smilesmile.png . Your doing no harm to anyoneair_kiss.gif

Posted

Too be realistic. I would expect an maximum of 1 - 2 cm of snow during tomorrow.

With a maximum of 3cm on Saturday and again on Sunday.

In terms of " average" amount I would say more like about 2 - 3 cm across the 3 days.

Seems about right with everything we have to hand currently :good:

Posted

Dont worry about it, your posts make me smilesmile.png . Your doing no harm to anyoneair_kiss.gif

Actually they are very misleading and cause confusion to some people trying to find out what is likely to happen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Just had the briefest of snow flurries here. Stopped after 60 secs. It's a start I suppose!

Okay.. The chances for a Thames streamer tonight and over the next few days look about 20% currently. The hype about it needs to stop lol! If there was a trough sitting out in the sea then maybe we could get hyped up.. NOT yet though :D

Kent may see 1-2CM tonight MAX

Then down the thames into North Surrey and North of the Thames 1-2CM

Only from light showers or light bands...

If anything more than that comes.. Please feel free to message me and say "you were wrong" :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Just had the briefest of snow flurries here. Stopped after 60 secs. It's a start I suppose!

Was it Nick Cage?help.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

Site communication from our office:

Dear Leatherhead colleagues,

The Met Office are forecasting snow overnight tonight, continuing to tomorrow morning and possibly throughout Friday. Gritting will happen on site tonight and we will continue to monitor conditions. We do not currently anticipate issues with accessing site tomorrow and expect Leatherhead to be open as normal.

I'm 10mins from Leatherhead and Meto site now showing light to heavy back to light snow overnight. But clearly they not expecting loads cos no warnings? What about if a Thames streamer joins in? Or is this a Thames streamer?!!x