Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 19th February >

Liam J

Posted

Well things certainly went downhill rapidly since this morning, 8am and completely clear blue skies compared to midday where it's now been drizzling (sometimes moderately) along with 8/8 cloud cover. Also a 7'c jump over the past 4 hours as the front edges in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Some wet snow/ sleet in oldham

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Fairly heavy wet snow in Bacup, not sticking and will probably turn back to rain shortly.

2'c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Overcast and 6c here rain soon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Southward corrections have buggerd us all winter for getting right on the frontal boundary where the heaviest snow occurs, now its the other way around, a very slight southward correction now would give us a belting next week!

Posted

Temp 4c

im currently suffering with a tummy bug so i need snow to make me feel better :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Temp 4c

im currently suffering with a tummy bug so i need snow to make me feel better smile.png

Wouldn't that just make it worse since you wouldn't be able to go out in it? Ahah.

Posted

Anyone expect any snow later on as the front moves back north?I have not being paying much attention to weather of late but saw an itv local forecast and it said there will be somera/ sleet and snow as the front moves back north after it has first passed us.

Posted

Wouldn't that just make it worse since you wouldn't be able to go out in it? Ahah.

no i would take my mind off it :)

Posted

Weather warning out for Cumbria/Lancashire 2-4 cm snow for low ground,upto 10cm for higher ground

surprised there is no interest

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

Fingers crossed for the skies to clear long enough to get a touch of frost before the cloudy and wet weather moves from the south. I probably doubt it will snow in lancashire.

We may get freezing rain though.

Edited by pip22

Posted

Fingers crossed for the skies to clear long enough to get a touch of frost before the cloudy and wet weather moves from the south. I probably doubt it will snow in lancashire.

We may get freezing rain though.

Dont think you will get freezing rain,ground temps to warm

C.S

Posted

Weather warning out for Cumbria/Lancashire 2-4 cm snow for low ground,upto 10cm for higher ground

C.S

for when ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

C.S

Gonna be a on the tops only event I'd suspect.

300m + and you maybe get some snow but not much and with tomorrow's temperatures set to be around 7'c then it will not be long before it becomes a slushy mess.

TBH I can't get excited at the prospect of a cm or so of cold wet slush and that's from someone who is in a decent position to get something from this event. Maybe next weeks prospects will get me licking my lifts a bit more but I think this will be an event for those further north than our region.

What we need next week is the mandatory southward correction to occur and then it's bingo for the NW.

Posted

ECM would have us buying snow shovels next week,as i said a few days ago spring does not want to make any inroads

at the moment

C.S

Posted

Gonna be a on the tops only event I'd suspect.

300m + and you maybe get some snow but not much and with tomorrow's temperatures set to be around 7'c then it will not be long before it becomes a slushy mess.

TBH I can't get excited at the prospect of a cm or so of cold wet slush and that's from someone who is in a decent position to get something from this event. Maybe next weeks prospects will get me licking my lifts a bit more but I think this will be an event for those further north than our region.

What we need next week is the mandatory southward correction to occur and then it's bingo for the NW.

Same as the whole winter though,Ian,snow-thaw-snow thaw,and that is what the warning says,any snow thawing quickly as temperatures rise

C.S

Posted

Same as the whole winter though,Ian,snow-thaw-snow thaw,and that is what the warning says,any snow thawing quickly as temperatures rise

C.S

True CS, the warning is quite specific both geographically and the event itself and if it pans out as forecast will be hardly worth waiting for.

Maybe some settling snow over high level routes but unless there is an upgrade then 99% of the population will only see cold rain.

As you said it is something which has repeated time after time this winter.

Posted

6/7C forecast from midweek gone, through the remainder of the weekend up until next thursday, when temperatures will recover above 10C. In some places 12/14C. This is a locally geographical imby forecast provided by a company who have been bang on every single day of winter for my post code, including 10/14 day long range forecasts. I was told the forecast I provided, was fantasy island stuff unlikely to happen. here we are, it's happened, and by this time next week the temperature at my postcode is likely to be 10/11C give or take a degree or two at most and whilst that is nothing special. (When you consider the average temperature last summer at my postcode was ONLY 15C, and the wettest / cloudiest year it's ever been here) From then on, it's look to remain that way, but also remaining unsettled for a time.

At some point during the next seven days, the forecast points to a day of sleety rain, rather than snow but this doesn't stick around and temperatures once again recover.

Time to accept, winter has to bugger off, so we can get it again next year (if there is a winter :p ), plus spring is upon us. Every single day of drab grey skies. Just wish this would get out the way now, so we can get to 20C and sunny lovely warm skies. all this weather now, is just depressing

Posted

No lying snow here this morning.

Possibly the odd flake fell overnight but I suspect that any interest was reserved for areas with altitude in the north of the region.

BBC forecast shows a chance of some wintry ness in showers this evening and the Meto forecast is quite bullish about it over the weekend and into the first part of next week so some of us could be lucky, or unlucky of course if like me you've had enough of winter and want warm weather.

Posted

the forecast has been updated from 22 march (accu) i believe, for regular snow showers even to lower levels imby. the forecast shows light snow showers over a 5 day period, that changed rather rapidly, and it now shows colder conditions prevailing through the final week of the month, we shall see. today is dry sunny and feeling quite mild in the sunshine, though i suspect rainshowers later.