Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 19th February >

Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Rain rain rain here, PPN is too light and will of cleared here within the next 10 mins. :(

Posted

Briefly turned to wet snow here then back to sleety rain with a few flakes mixed in. Can't see it amounting to much over the next few hours unless the ppn gets much heavier. Might be a different story for those above 200m.

Posted
  • Location: Cheshire, 5 miles from Manchester Airport as the 737 flies!
  • Location: Cheshire, 5 miles from Manchester Airport as the 737 flies!

Noticed a bit of sleet on the way back home at 10.30, just checked the weather before bed and found a warning, looked outside again and it's heavy wet snow! It's even leaving an impression on the sopping wet ground after a day of rain. Didn't expect that one!

Briefly turned to wet snow here then back to sleety rain with a few flakes mixed in. Can't see it amounting to much over the next few hours unless the ppn gets much heavier. Might be a different story for those above 200m.

Same here wouldn't mind though I'm at 168m and the Met Office were going for 2-5 on low ground which I class me as and 5-10cm above 200m, why do they always get it wrong when it comes to the North West? They get it spot on everywhere else but always fail here, some time I just think they're doing it on purpose and taking the p**s!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Wet Snow here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Just rain here of course.

Posted

Same here wouldn't mind though I'm at 168m and the Met Office were going for 2-5 on low ground which I class me as and 5-10cm above 200m, why do they always get it wrong when it comes to the North West? They get it spot on everywhere else but always fail here, some time I just think they're doing it on purpose and taking the p**s!

I'd say after places like Shrewsbury saw heavy snow and accumulations they aired on the side of caution, hence the warning. Now if it was a 'Flash' weather warning that'd be a different story :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

There's a few hours to go yet but the problem tonight is marginality.

Most of the heavy precipitation is in the south and west of the region, most of the high ground is north and east so tonight looks like it could be a classis case of close but no cigar.

Maybe the introduction of colder uppers and a possible battleground over the region in a few days time will give us a final taste of what IMO has been a long cold winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

A warning is not necessary, ridiculous overestimating again by the met-office, what's new.

Posted

Exactly!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Still raining here lol

Temps gone down to 2 though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Why final taste? It could still snow in April.

Sorry it's that longing for warm weather creeping in again. Lol

Maybe another April 81 event is on the cards again in fact i suspect this weeks models could easily deliver one of those if everything came together.

Posted

Sorry it's that longing for warm weather creeping in again. Lol

Maybe another April 81 event is on the cards again in fact i suspect this weeks models could easily deliver one of those if everything came together.

It has been a long winter. It was beginning of November reading reports of snow in the southwest.

Flakes of snow falling and the temperature has dropped even further.