Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 2nd March 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

are you serious??? it's coming straight for YOU matey? :-D

You think? I'll take another look but I'm sure the angle of attack had changed...hang on...

Posted

You think? I'll take another look but I'm sure the angle of attack had changed...hang on...

But the convergence zone over the northeast is slipping southwards as the models have suggested, maybe that's pepping up the precipitation?

Posted

My thinking is, the more from the north east it comes, the more of the Peak District it has to cross so more chance of it dying away. But I'm not convinced that things have swung enough for that to become a problem.

But looking at the radar again...maybe there will be more for us after all. Will keep an eye! biggrin.png

Edited by Gord

Posted

My thinking is, the more from the north east it comes, the more of the Peak District it has to cross so more chance of it dying away. But I'm not convinced that things have swung enough for that to become a problem.

But looking at the radar again...maybe there will be more for us after all. Will keep an eye! biggrin.png

That shouldn't happen coz the wind is EnE , so whatever is over the North sea, should come you way. It could all change, but it's looking good for surprise falls tonight :-)

Posted

That shouldn't happen coz the wind is EnE , so whatever is over the North sea, should come you way. It could all change, but it's looking good for surprise falls tonight :-)

OK fair enough...can see where you're coming from. Things are moving quickly enough as well. Lets see what happens then! Things are looking a bit promising.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
gfs-2-24.png?18 Food for thought for tomorrow on the gfs 18z..... ppn in coming from the NE

Posted

Possibly looking better for here now, most of the fleeting showers have been passing 20 miles or so north of here on a ENE direction - not to say we haven't had the odd flurry. Now the wind has taken on a bit more of a northerly element we should see more. Snowing now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

I hope leicester sees something out of whats coming. Not sure it's heading our direction, though.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Not sure the excitement this evening, just looks like a scattering of light snow showers, mainly over the NE Midlands to me , should give further dustings though. Playing the radar back they are constantly feeding to the same region and fizzling over Warwickshire.

Edited by TonyH

Posted

Yup major dissapointment as here as usual from an easterly, even the -13 uppers couldn't deliver, much more potential this weekend/early next week.

Posted

Things seem to slowly be heading further inland. Could get a few nice showers out of this.

edit:

And just on cue, a nice moderate snow shower has arrived :)

Edited by kmanmx

Posted

Not sure the excitement this evening, just looks like a scattering of light snow showers, mainly over the NE Midlands to me , should give further dustings though. Playing the radar back they are constantly feeding to the same region and fizzling over Warwickshire.

Do you think the ppn that's running into the more northen parts will start to turn and run down into more of our region has the wind's turn more from the north

because to me it seems that its sinking south!!!

Edited by dancer with wings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Forecast I have just seen on BBC shows some snow over the Midlands in the early hours tomorrow

and pretty widespread snow showers over much of the country, including the Midlands, tomorrow.

Im glad the south coastal areas are getting some of the white stuff tonight. I can see the stars sorry.gif

Posted

The shower supply will be cut off by morning as the flow

comes down more from a NNE direction by sunrise.

To me that lot will start to reach you soon Edited by dancer with wings

Posted

Hope it do'nt lose to much of it's ppn !!! you never know it might reach down here

Posted

Hope it do'nt lose to much of it's ppn !!! you never know it might reach down here

Midlands tends to act like a plug hole in these weak PPN scenarios. That being, it all disappears.

Edited by kmanmx

Posted

Even with the band slipping southwards were still managing to stay in a dry gap here :lol: I knew the snow shield evaporation in January was a blip.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

i c where coner is coming from its been a disapointment, though we had some heavy snow showers nothing setteld. So far from a personal point aview this cold sbel been crap. Seems like the s.e. Lot having it quite good and as for the up coming weekend i wouldn't bank on any snow its most likely to be cold rain or at best sleet. Cant waight till this sbel to be over and waight til next winter to go thru the dissapointment again. Dont get me wrong guys we did have quite a good jan, this winter had so much promis but gave little most of that promis got no further than the super computers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Moderate snow here in a very strong bitter wind

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Snowing heavily here in Malvern for the last half an hour - it's settling, currently -3.5oC. Still have a gusty wind which is blowing it around a lot.