Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 2nd March 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Shame we can't get some sustained heavy snow, with this wind we would get great drifts!

Yeah it would, But its nice for it to not be marginal for once. Can't knock those upper temps.

Edited by kmanmx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Hurrumph.

Just as I'm thinking I cant keep my eyes open any longer, and we're never going to get more than a few flakes - it suddenly starts thickening up!

Now, where did I put those matchsticks......?

Posted

Starting to go a bit white on the footpaths and roads, lovely to see so late in the season :-) surely there'll be more surprises to come ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

I think it just skirted us in the end but we have a little sprinkling in places.

Posted

We got a direct hit, but just a dusting but it was blowing around so much its stacked up against walls and stuff.

Should be more to come later methinks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

I think it just skirted us in the end but we have a little sprinkling in places.

I thought an hour ago that would of hit you i guess it drifted a bit further north

lucky for me

matchsticks now snapped...... hope everywhere white in the morning.... later's

Edited by dancer with wings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Falmouth has snow again guys! Hehe. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

yes i c that now for cold temps this would of been good, i wouldn't change the snowy setup we had in jan for this nither.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

i must say it's turning out to be a rather crap cold sbell, i enjoy all kind of weather but there's just something about snow that makes a cold sbel mor enjoyable. Snowed on and off all day, how ever none of it setteled.

Posted

Looks like nothing happened overnight. Those showers just can't sustain themselves. I'm afraid that's as good as it's going to get for us in the West Midlands. Not a surprise and well forecast but still disappointing.

Posted

Difficult to do justice to what I've just seen here- thundersnow, gusting winds and visibility down to around 10 feet, heaviest snowfall I've seen in Newark in my (almost) 22 years, still coming down. Would you believe its almost Mid-March? Absolutely incredible! Opened back doors before being forced to close them almost instantaneously, really quite scary out there- breathtaking stuff.

Edited by Polar Low

Posted

Nothing here, was trying to snow around 10pm but was very light. Now its clear- but wheres the frost for heavens sake? What will it take to get low minina this winter/spring!

The air is too dry for a hoar frost. It's what is known as a black frost.

Posted

Not bad, pretty good for March. 2 to 3 cms on estate roads white over, and temps of -5.1.

looks like plenty more showers piling in at present. Can see lots of cloud just to my south so probably missed this lot.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Overnight snow showers still persisting this morning Mod/heavy at times, mean depth 7cm, the snow has been drifting up to 60cm in places and well over 1.5m on the slopes behind me, it was quite a sight watching the snow drifting this morning. An overnight low of -5.7c. Feel's like mid-winter here...

Current Conditions.

Temp -4.9c

Dp -6.9c

Wind Chill -11.4c

N/E 15mph Gusting 37mph.

100% Snow Cover.

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder storms and hot summer days with a cool breeze

A slight dusting but bone-crunchingly cold.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Snow cover at Coventry on the Bablake cam.

Posted

Overnight snow showers still persisting this morning Mod/heavy at times, mean depth 7cm, the snow has been drifting up to 60cm in places and well over 1.5m on the slopes behind me, it was quite a sight watching the snow drifting this morning. An overnight low of -5.7c. Feel's like mid-winter here...

Current Conditions.

Temp -4.9c

Dp -6.9c

Wind Chill -11.4c

N/E 15mph Gusting 37mph.

100% Snow Cover.

Making me homesick!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Icy wind, light snow falling at the moment, or blowing around wildly, more accurately. There's a dusting here and there where it can get a grip, but the wind is blowing it too much for it to accumulate evenly anywhere. Currently -2.5oC.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

Quite a train of showers heading through derby currently, maybe hitting Stafford and areas just south of this in next hour, although not sure how potent they'll be by then. Not a flake here overnight, but bitterly cold and windy. Bit of sun trying to break through which may aid more convective showers later. Rest of week looks but less cold, then unsettled by Friday with rain for most or possibly sleet for higher areas.