Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 2nd March 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Still expecting nothing more than an on and off flurry fest the next 36 hours here with cloudy skies preventing severe frost, end of the week/next weekend has much more potential with a chance for an evaporative cooling event e.g the one we had a month ago.

Posted

Have you lot seen the 12z .... Midlands will have plentiful Snow for the the rest of the Month if it came off, 2010 style High pressure from the azores right over Greenland...

Posted

Have you lot seen the 12z .... Midlands will have plentiful Snow for the the rest of the Month if it came off, 2010 style High pressure from the azores right over Greenland...

we tend to not pay attention to anything 4 days+ in here after so many let downs in past winters, however i have seen it and there could be a fair bit of snow to come, similar to january dare i say

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

i dont think we will get anything of note here in the w.mids hope im totaly wrong.

Posted

Starting to settle here...would need a lot more to fall than this though to get anything of note.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

I have to pinch myself and keep on telling myself its march

Posted

Have you lot seen the 12z .... Midlands will have plentiful Snow for the the rest of the Month if it came off,

Not around here!

I reckon today's brief flurry of snow grains is all we'll get. And the way the cloud is persisting, can't see much in the way of frosts either. Looks like this cold spell will go the way of those in Jan and Feb: straight into the instantly forgotten box.

Posted

The BBC are going for maxes tomorrow of ~-3c across some towns in the north of the region online, pretty notable for March!

Posted

Few grains on the ground and sky starting to clear.

Posted

Good news is that there are plenty of showers coming in off the North Sea now.

Bad news is they are quickly disintegrating as they pass west of the A1. Flurries at best I reckon for now...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Yep, they die not long after passing the coastal counties. Mostly dry bar the old flakes/flurries I'd imagine.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Good news is that there are plenty of showers coming in off the North Sea now.

Bad news is they are quickly disintegrating as they pass west of the A1. Flurries at best I reckon for now...

You have to remember that the coldest 850mb temps are yet to be reached so likelyhood that the showers will become more heavier and organized overnight as they develop over the North Sea...acute.gif

Posted

Yes, its cold but set to get colder! Here is the 850 overlay on nw extra at 6:15pm

post-3585-0-50223800-1362940940_thumb.jp

The -14 is slowly edging towards the UK

Edited by LeeKay

If Fridays ecm chart is to be believed then next Friday /Saturday could end up being a bigger one than the snow event expected in the south west tonight. Long way off, but winters definatly not finished yet. Its been an interesting few months, not always getting what most off us want but at least the possibility has always been there or there abouts. Fingers crossed for next weekend. Of course there's still this week to get through.

Posted

Today reminded me a lot of Sunday February 1st 2009. Cold air being ushered in from the east with persistent snow flurries but never amounting to much. Meanwhile, further south, they were preparing for a potential snow event...

...I am in no way suggesting that tomorrow will resemble Monday February 2nd 2009 of course! Would be nice though...and those showers from the east did give us a very pleasant surprise indeed on that day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Today reminded me a lot of Sunday February 1st 2009. Cold air being ushered in from the east with persistent snow flurries but never amounting to much. Meanwhile, further south, they were preparing for a potential snow event...

...I am in no way suggesting that tomorrow will resemble Monday February 2nd 2009 of course! Would be nice though...and those showers from the east did give us a very pleasant surprise indeed on that day.

Nothing like it! more like 4th April 2012

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

Disappointing those showers from the east aren't making more headway, think areas like Leicestershire will do ok but not as confident as earlier over seeing anything in my part of the midlands. Think Friday/sat will be cold rain also, upper temps too high given time of year.

Posted

Nothing like it! more like 4th April 2012

Very much like it for me! I take it 2nd Feb 2009 was yet another let down for you then?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Very much like it for me! I take it 2nd Feb 2009 was yet another let down for you then?

no feb 09 was no let down, but April 4th was, all I saw was wet snow flurries like today easterly toppler

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

i only wish we had cinoptics like this in dec and jan it would of been mor interesting and now we get this in march and i don't think we gona see anything snow wise, shame really.