Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 2nd March 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

I think the reason it is so quiet is that the snow isn't very exciting! We have had frequent showers the last few days but at best they left a tiny covering and that always melted the minute the sun came out.

Posted

A few snow grains on the ground this morning.

Posted

Just looked out of the window, and we have proper snow falling! Very unexpected.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

It feels very spring like here - I put the washing out and was in a t shirt and not cold.

Posted

Light snow showers here in Telford, surprisingly pure snow to, no hail/sleetiness.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Either my snow shield is too strong, or that the snow clouds around here are just being too lazy at the moment. :lol:

But I suppose their is still time for something to pop up considering it's only lunch time.

Edited by DiagonalRedLine

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

It was always going to be wintry showers today, any snow a bonus.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

That nice blob just off the Isle of man would do!! but winds to much of a northerly + do'nt think it would make it this far anyway.

To you lot in the far west i thought it would be sleety/rain BONUS

Edited by dancer with wings

Posted

Fun and games should begin here within the next 15/20 minutes or so, radar looks interesting today (despite settling snow being unlikely).

Some exceptionally heavy showers probable, though.

Posted

How bizzare - we just had a two minute snow shower outside, even though the temp is 8.2c.

I thought it was virtually impossible for it to snow much above 4.0c?

Bish

Posted

No I would say 9c is the upper limit, the air is freezing only a few hundred metres up and snow can survive, while the sun is only heating the surface atmosphere really. In June 1975 it there was sleet and snow with maxima of 9 or 10c.

Edited by TonyH

Posted

In any case the high at Coleshill is only 5c.

Posted

No I would say 9c is the upper limit, the air is freezing only a few hundred metres up and snow can survive, while the sun is only heating the surface atmosphere really. In June 1975 it there was sleet and snow with maxima of 9 or 10c.

Wow I genuinely did not know that, I've learnt something new - thanks TonyH! good.gif

In fairness the temp is fluctuating a lot this afternoon, barely two minutes after my first post it had fallen to 6.3c

Bish

Posted

In any case the high at Coleshill is only 5c.

I've been using Monkspath Weather Station (http://www.monkspathweather.org.uk/) ................which is now showing 4.8c lol

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

13031315_1312.gifWith uppers that cold and with showers it do'nt take much to drag

that cold air down with any ppn + DP at the moment are about -4 to -6

Edited by dancer with wings

Posted

I've been using Monkspath Weather Station (http://www.monkspathweather.org.uk/) ................which is now showing 4.8c lol

Bish

That can't be accurate then with a max of 10c, nowhere else bar the suspect Coventry Airport above 6c for the WM this afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

we had a cuppal of snow showers here too. I think the reason for quiet in this thread is because the snow haven't been anything to make a song and dance about. I hope we get a good dumpping before the spring warmth kick in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

How bizzare - we just had a two minute snow shower outside, even though the temp is 8.2c.

I thought it was virtually impossible for it to snow much above 4.0c?

Bish

It can snow with temperatures around 7c but for it to settle the temp needs to be below 3c.

Posted

That can't be accurate then with a max of 10c, nowhere else bar the suspect Coventry Airport above 6c for the WM this afternoon.

You may be right, I've always thought their max temps seem slightly on the steep side, albeit briefly.

Bish