Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 10th March 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Wow, channel is exploding into life

The Channel Low appears to be making it's way from France a lot quicker and could reach us morning/early afternoon. If this band off ppn continues it's projected path, we will get a lot of snow biggrin.png

Posted

can someone explain how these showers have no problem getting into Wales yet here in Bucks they seem to die out 70 miles from us ,this seems a continuation of the last cold spell ie: a waste ....again !!

Posted

Having the most amazing snow shower at the moment. Everywhere white with horizontal powder snow falling. So heavy its more like fog outside!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

I think this southern front is decaying the snow showers in the southern north sea ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

I think this southern front is decaying the snow showers in the southern north sea tease.gif

I think your right, shame really, I was hoping that would happen tonight. Seems this low has decided on a different course.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Is it me? Or is that low much further North than projected, we could be whited out in pompey come 7.00 !

Posted

Last post for tonight.

Have to be honest after looking at the radar and the models it doesn't look good for the SE/London. Only the extreme S coast looks at threat from snow. Much of N Kent, London appears to miss all forms of snow. What I mean by this is you could have the double whammy of the main snow band remaining to the S but the associated cloud shield might be far enough N to kill convection.

Let me put it this way if I lived in these parts I wouldn't stay up all night!

Posted

Last post for tonight.

Have to be honest after looking at the radar and the models it doesn't look good for the SE/London. Only the extreme S coast looks at threat from snow. Much of N Kent, London appears to miss all forms of snow. What I mean by this is you could have the double whammy of the main snow band remaining to the S but the associated cloud shield might be far enough N to kill convection.

well its getting almighty gusty out there now who knows

Posted

Last post for tonight.

goodnight eye

snowing heavy here now

that low incoming looks fine to me

Posted

Seems to me that the plume of moisture feeding the showers on the East coast is now building itself over the North of Holland so may start to see the showers building and coming in a bit lower down the coast into the Estuary.

Posted

I think your right, shame really, I was hoping that would happen tonight. Seems this low has decided on a different course.

The convergence of ppn off the North Sea is pepping up and convective ppn is now establishing itself more inland. With the oncoming Channel Low which looks like pushing up a lot quicker, we are in for incredible radar watching and not forgetting the snow biggrin.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

http://www.meteoradar.co.uk/Home/ZoomRadar?lat=51.38&lon=0.0636363636363626&z=7&x=424&y=464&type=animated-12

This radar shows all the snizzle type ppn aswell, what happens when all this mess bumps into each other?

Posted

http://www.meteorada...ype=animated-12

This radar shows all the snizzle type ppn aswell, what happens when all this mess bumps into each other?

That's a great question. In my opinion, I see the Channel Low as a warm front bringing loads of rain which will hit the very cold air mass = very unstable. Anyone for Thunder Snow help.gif

Posted

That's a great question. In my opinion, I see the Channel Low as a warm front bringing loads of rain which will hit the very cold air mass = very unstable. Anyone for Thunder Snow help.gif

Could we see a blizzard? I hope so, but BBC say no