Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 17th March 2013 18:00>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Interesting situation south of London this evening. I have been watching some extremely slow moving moderate showers remain in the same position all afternoon/evening, leading to some areas building up over 25mm in 6 hours - quite localised precip, but such that could lead to local flooding should it continue. One to watch dare I say - and one that can catch out many.

Interesting situation south of London this evening. I have been watching some extremely slow moving moderate showers remain in the same position all afternoon/evening, leading to some areas building up over 25mm in 6 hours - quite localised precip, but such that could lead to local flooding should it continue. One to watch dare I say - and one that can catch out many.

we have had a lot of rain today.. Local river very high fields and local park flooded..

Posted

Anyone watching stormscape live he is heading to some very mean storms

Edit storm he is now targeting has been tornado warned

Edited by Tom Jarvis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Oh, no more snow pleeeeeeease! I want a little bit of warmth now like it has been today in Naaaaaarich. It's been lovely and spring like. B***er off snow and freezing cold. :(

Posted

we have had a lot of rain today.. Local river very high fields and local park flooded..

You certainly seem to be right amongst some of the most spectacular weather events as alluded to in an earlier post. dirol.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Had some seriously prologed heavy rain and showers here today, as many have said. Quite exciting to witness the first thorm i have seen for a good many months, tremendous black clouds with their toes hanging down (as I like to think of them) !

There is some serious doubt about what we are about to receive down here, probably the most doubt I have seen all winter from the forecasters.

Posted

Yes Chion, Just played footie in East Grinstead, car temp said 3C and there was definite sleety splodges! Heavy throughout from about 8.30 till 10.00 when I left. Within a couple of miles towards Crawley it stopped and lots of fog! Now just light rain here in Tilgate, very localised with lots of flooding in East Grinstead.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Snowman still there pleased to see. Guess it will go in next 24hrs

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Some great pics and videos in the Scottish regional thread - and they have a lot more snow to comecold.gifsmile.png

Edited by Tamara Road

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

My met office app showing 10c for Fri.....humph sad.png

I can hear the sound of the models flip flops. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

I can hear the sound of the models flip flops. biggrin.png

I don't mind the models flip floping just as long as they remember to stop with the low undercutting south enough for us all to have snow lol, had enough rain today already.

Posted

Morning you lot!!

A proper grim start to the day here and I need that Summer sun more than ever. So lots of different conflicting information about the potential for another throw of Winter in our region at the end of the week and not helped by Georgina Burnett ( wub.png ) this morning on BBC South East Today weather at 6.25am, saying snow for the end of the week??!!!

models are all over the place at present

They really are John, but I'll go and grab some charts to see what the latest thoughts are.

Posted

I think this is definitely going to be a record breaking long model watching season for all of us 'coldies'

Possibly, 5 full months (1st Nov - 31st March)

Usually, by now I've submitted to Spring conditions but it looks like continuing into next week!

Amazing synoptics just lately.

Edited by snowblizzard

Posted

The best I can get from the overnight GFS run is for tomorrow:

42_20.gif

Of more interest for me from the latest run is this one for Saturday:

114_20.gif

Mmmmm electric

Homer-RideTheLightning.jpg

UKMO have rain for us tomorrow:

13032012_1900.gif

A lot of rain coming into Friday:

13032200_1900.gif

NAE have rain for tomorrow too:

13032012_1900.gif

NMM have rain early on and then clearing tomorrow;

post-6667-0-33040400-1363679289_thumb.pn

So I can't really see anything currently for us for the next couple of days and little evidence at the moment that our region will see the white stuff at the end of the week. Go 100 miles to the North and they could be lucky, but bisect the country through the East to West Midlands and down from there, not much it seems.

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm & Sunny

Morning you lot!!

A proper grim start to the day here and I need that Summer sun more than ever. So lots of different conflicting information about the potential for another throw of Winter in our region at the end of the week and not helped by Georgina Burnett ( wub.png ) this morning on BBC South East Today weather at 6.25am, saying snow for the end of the week??!!!

They really are John, but I'll go and grab some charts to see what the latest thoughts are.

Ahhh....dear Georgina...I do love you, BUT I really don't know where this snow you speak of is coming from!!

Posted

Ahhh....dear Georgina...I do love you, BUT I really don't know where this snow you speak of is coming from!!

mqdefault.jpg

galleryGeorginaRedTop.jpg

A warm front?