Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

As long as the sun makes an appearance and you are wearing a wind proof jacket I agree it is not a problem.

http://m.skegnessstandard.co.uk/news/local/video-severe-weather-warning-in-force-amid-fears-of-localised-coastal-flooding-1-5567996 this isnt my video but its high tide this morning at skegness

Posted

I like this cold windy northerly proper autumn day plus a nice brisk walk along beach all wrapped up cant beat it Posted Image))

Yes it is very nice. It felt like winter was near today. Very nice day sunny all day with low humidity.

Wish it was like this all autumn.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Where has all our rain gone? Seriously? Autumn well and truly blew in last night, today has felt very seasonal but any showers IMBY? No chance!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Huge amount of rain overnight - hammering it down for 2 hours on my skylight - not good for sleeping!

Today is grey, drizzly and chilly - very much classic easterly conditions. Doesn't seem very autumn like to me - I always associate autumn with Atlantic depressions and SWly-Wly winds - be nice to see some soon!

Posted

my previous post deleted by me as had very senior moment wrong b thread-old age is a sad affliction!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Possibly the most pitiful cold spell ever this one. It's 15C here today. That's struggling to be below average temperature wise Posted Image

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

14.2c max and we've seen a little sun at times. But mostly dull, damp & windy. Not looking forward to cycling uphill against this lot tonight!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

I love the snow but agree with so many posters here, it is Autumn for heavens sake, once November comes then I will be on the ramp train at times but lets just accept October for what it is!

• Like 2

Posted

Absolutely horrendous weather today - very heavy rain been going for some time now with little sign of respite. Thought this lot would be further south than this.

Annoyingly on a Saturday when I've been trying to pack up my house and now need to walk to the other end of town too - not pleased!

Posted
Another vile day here. Sun has given way to yet more drizzly gloomy garbage off the North Sea. This month is reminding me of many summer months from 2007-2012. Utterly awful day after day with an extreme lack of W/SW winds and a hopelessly poor outlook with not a single dry day in the next week and a particularly nasty soggy write-off weekend. Will join the Octobers of 1999, 2001, 2005, 2006, 2009 and 2011 to rank as one of the worst ever.

Half way through the month it's not even gone below 5C. Just like the cold, cloudy dross of March and early April ruined the spring blooms this mild, gloomy muck, we're now into the 4th week of suffering, has ruined the chances of getting any decent autumn colour. Thank god I've got a week in the Canaries coming up soon. Can't wait to escape from this depressing soul-destroying gloom.
  • Like 2

Posted

Alot of the trees have already lost leaves here I don't know about colour.

Sometimes I wonder if you live on a different planet to the rest of us! Most trees here haven't lost any leaves at all.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

Sometimes I wonder if you live on a different planet to the rest of us! Most trees here haven't lost any leaves at all.

And it's got nothing to do with temperature anyway. It's the length of day. Lost a few here, but that's because we've had stiff Northerly winds for the past few days.

• Like 1

Posted

I find that strange. 35 miles down the road and there are leaves all over the place.

Posted

Another vile day here. Sun has given way to yet more drizzly gloomy garbage off the North Sea. This month is reminding me of many summer months from 2007-2012. Utterly awful day after day with an extreme lack of W/SW winds and a hopelessly poor outlook with not a single dry day in the next week and a particularly nasty soggy write-off weekend. Will join the Octobers of 1999, 2001, 2005, 2006, 2009 and 2011 to rank as one of the worst ever.

Half way through the month it's not even gone below 5C. Just like the cold, cloudy dross of March and early April ruined the spring blooms this mild, gloomy muck, we're now into the 4th week of suffering, has ruined the chances of getting any decent autumn colour. Thank god I've got a week in the Canaries coming up soon. Can't wait to escape from this depressing soul-destroying gloom.

There's certainly been no lack of W/SW winds down here, as I've been having an oppressively dull month too. There's been about two days I could properly call "sunny"; the rest have been dominated by overcast conditions. Even today has turned into a cloudfest despite the promising forecast, with the sun quickly disappearing about midday.

I wouldn't bet against getting at least one of the dullest Octobers on record, as there's no sign of anything remotely sunny on the horizon. It's all courtesy of this very sluggish weather pattern we're stuck in. A proper zonal setup would deliver a fair bit of rain but we'd also get some sunshine in-between.

By the way your posts make me laugh. Keep them coming. Posted Image

Edited by AderynCoch

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

It looks like we are going into our typical Autumn unsettled Atlantic weather type with bands of wind and rain and rather mild temps.

Not my cup of tea but i fear we are facing this pattern until at least the start of November.

Posted

So fed up of this mild weather. Only had one frost so far and the double figure nights have been common! Its so depressing when you go on the model thread and people go "no cold in sight". I think sometimes they enjoy winding us cold lovers up.

It looks like we are going into our typical Autumn unsettled Atlantic weather type with bands of wind and rain and rather mild temps.Not my cup of tea but i fear we are facing this pattern until at least the start of November.

What do you mean "going into" its been mild all of september and all of this month. Zzzzz Edited by smithyweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

So fed up of this mild weather. Only had one frost so far and the double figure nights have been common! Its so depressing when you go on the model thread and people go "no cold in sight". I think sometimes they enjoy winding us cold lovers up.What do you mean "going into" its been mild all of september and all of this month. ZzzzzWhat do you mean "going into" its been mild all of september and all of this month. Zzzzz

Just like cold lovers wind up the mild lovers when there are nice wintry charts to look at.....

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

So fed up of this mild weather. Only had one frost so far and the double figure nights have been common! Its so depressing when you go on the model thread and people go "no cold in sight". I think sometimes they enjoy winding us cold lovers up.

What do you mean "going into" its been mild all of september and all of this month. Zzzzz

September is bound to be warmer smithy.

Patience-you are seeking cold too early.

Wait until November onwards when we have more chance of decent cold spells.

Posters in the model thread are generally saying what the models show and are not winding coldies up as you put it.

Chill out a bit mate.Grumbling about the model outputs wont alter what the weather does.Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

Just like cold lovers wind up the mild lovers when there are nice wintry charts to look at.....

C.S

My take on this is that crowing over mild nothing charts in the depths of Winter is akin to celebrating washouts in June. Both are not really cricket imo, but what are you going to do? People like what they like. We live in a climate where mild winters and washout summers are common.

Edited by Yarmy