Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Welcome to Autumn, home of the multiple facepalm Posted Image

Posted

Ok so this cold wind/weather can eff off back up from where it came from!! #bringbacksummer 

*Rant Over*

:-) 

Summer will be back in just over 7 months time. Not much of a wait for u.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Ok so this cold wind/weather can eff off back up from where it came from!! #bringbacksummer 

*Rant Over*

:-) 

Hopefully it will do during next week when we should start and see south westerly winds bringing back warm air

• Like 1

Posted

Hopefully it will do during next week when we should start and see south westerly winds bringing back warm air

Don't forget more rain to :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Don't forget more rain to :-)

Indeed how much, where and when remains up for grabs but some warm moist air looks quite likely during next week

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

This weather is rather unpleasant, for those who wanted colder weather. 8-10C. Biting Northerly airflow with showers persistant down the East Coast. I'd rather it stay mild for the time being a few weeks down the line things would be more interesting. This in-between cold and mild is rather horrid. I wouldn't mind a Southerly flow for one last time over the next week showing in the models, before a plunge into winter as we start November! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

It's been a fine, sunny day here. Just had a recent shower, but the sun is coming back out again. Fine by me.

This weather is rather unpleasant, for those who wanted colder weather. 8-10C. Biting Northerly airflow with showers persistant down the East Coast. I'd rather it stay mild for the time being a few weeks down the line things would be more interesting. This in-between cold and mild is rather horrid. I wouldn't mind a Southerly flow for one last time over the next week showing in the models, before a plunge into winter as we start November! 

Kind of nonsensical, don't you think? If it was 0C, it'd feel a hell of a lot colder and more unpleasant, surely?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I quite enjoy these sunshine-and-showers setup, although of course it would be more ideal if it was December and it was 8 degrees colder.  Not looking forward to the oncoming cloudy damp easterlies though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I quite enjoy these sunshine-and-showers setup, although of course it would be more ideal if it was December and it was 8 degrees colder.  Not looking forward to the oncoming cloudy damp easterlies though!

Despite really being exposed to the northerly wind which has touched gale force at times, all it's brought in is yet more stratus and grey skies. Haven't had a shower since 7am. Awful day.

The satellite image shows a lot more cloud even inland compared to what was forecast.

Preparing for a lot of rain here over the coming days

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted

It's been a fine, sunny day here. Just had a recent shower, but the sun is coming back out again. Fine by me.

Kind of nonsensical, don't you think? If it was 0C, it'd feel a hell of a lot colder and more unpleasant, surely?

Obviously it would feel colder! But what i'm saying thodays weather weather is not pleasant, when you compare to what people wanted the change from mild. At least going out was more bearable! Add on windchill and today some areas are in low single digits so feeling rather cold, doesn't have to be 0c to feel cold! :) 

Edited by Mark N

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

I always associated northerly flows with ample sunshine with some showers. But this is just endless grey and a stiff cold wind. I guess this is autumn and not winter or spring where northerlies are much cleaner.

Still at least we've got a drab cloudy easterly to look forward to. What a contrast to the perfect conditions of Sat, Sun & Tues with its ample sunshine and pleasant temperatures.

I guess each to their own but I for one wonder how some folks could wish for this over earlier in the week!

Posted

Obviously it would feel colder! But what i'm saying thodays weather weather is not pleasant, when you compare to what people wanted the change from mild. At least going out was more bearable! Add on windchill and today some areas are in low single digits so feeling rather cold, doesn't have to be 0c to feel cold! Posted Image

But if you're unhappy because it feels cold now, then why would you be happy if it is even colder, unless it's snowing?

Posted

Obviously it would feel colder! But what i'm saying thodays weather weather is not pleasant, when you compare to what people wanted the change from mild. At least going out was more bearable! Add on windchill and today some areas are in low single digits so feeling rather cold, doesn't have to be 0c to feel cold! Posted Image

Nothing unpleasant about today. It's throughly enjoyable. Cold and windy what a good recipe.

Edited by No Balls Like Snow Balls
  • Like 1

Posted

I always associated northerly flows with ample sunshine with some showers. But this is just endless grey and a stiff cold wind. I guess this is autumn and not winter or spring where northerlies are much cleaner.

Still at least we've got a drab cloudy easterly to look forward to. What a contrast to the perfect conditions of Sat, Sun & Tues with its ample sunshine and pleasant temperatures.

I guess each to their own but I for one wonder how some folks could wish for this over earlier in the week!

Have to agree Bottesford, earlier in the week was both plesant to go out in and we had alot more in the way of sunshine, today has been a day of increasing cloudcover and the windchill is horrible for a October day. Oh well roll on milder SW's until winter proper arrives :-) Posted Image

But if you're unhappy because it feels cold now, then why would you be happy if it is even colder, unless it's snowing?

Because if its going to feel chilly, its pointless if we aren't going to see much sunshine and for the time of year, would rather it in a few weeks time when it will feel cold and with greater risk of snow, make sense? 

Posted

People don't have to justify their preferences - quite frankly I have no idea why personal preferences cause so much debate on here. It's pathetic.

Posted

Nothing unpleasant about today. It's throughly enjoyable. Cold and windy what a good recipe.

Each to there own, would rather have the beginning of the week, pleasant to be outside and sunshine :) 

Looks like some proper Autumnal weather is here now, chilly this week with showers and rain then strong winds and perhaps quite a bit of rain next week from the Atlantic. Met Office forecasting the seasonal unsettled weather to continue into November too, good stuff. Then hopefully by December the blizzards will start.

Posted

Looks like some proper Autumnal weather is here now, chilly this week with showers and rain then strong winds and perhaps quite a bit of rain next week from the Atlantic. Met Office forecasting the seasonal unsettled weather to continue into November too, good stuff. Then hopefully by December the blizzards will start.

Oh well I would rather Autumn was kept to a minimum but then to be honest people could rightfully tell me to sod off to some landlocked country where that is a major possibility. Posted Image

After the coming few days the flow should swing back to the south/south west so it won't feel to bad. Just a case of man up and for me endure the current weather pattern and start to look for some proper cold in November.

Today is a classic example of the pattern quickly turning from a showery unstable airflow to a stable inversion flow which is currently setting up now as the low gets cut off and slips through the southern north sea

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted

Oh well I would rather Autumn was kept to a minimum but then to be honest people could rightfully tell me to sod off to some landlocked country where that is a major possibility. 

After the coming few days the flow should swing back to the south/south west so it won't feel to bad. Just a case of man up and for me endure the current weather pattern and start to look for some proper cold in November.

Minnie mouse would be perhaps more fitting than Arnie lol Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Oh well I would rather Autumn was kept to a minimum but then to be honest people could rightfully tell me to sod off to some landlocked country where that is a major possibility. Posted Image

Today is a classic example of the pattern quickly turning from a showery unstable airflow to a stable inversion flow which is currently setting up now as the low gets cut off and slips through the southern north sea

Thank you, Captain Positive.Posted Image It's good to see something, well, positive...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anticyclonic unless a snow storm

Happy to see some cold weather through DJF, but during the autumn and spring months, I'm more than happy to see mild days in the 15-19C range. So the Azores ridge is welcome to make a return next week, however fleeting. 

I still have a lot of outdoors jobs to do, (apple picking, painting) and I'd rather be doing them in mild southerly conditions than when it's blowing a gale in 10C like today.

Edited by BlueSkies_do_I_see
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

I like this cold windy northerly proper autumn day plus a nice brisk walk along beach all wrapped up cant beat it :)))

Posted

Happy to see some cold weather through DJF, but during the autumn and spring months, I'm more than happy to see mild days in the 15-19C range. So the Azores ridge is welcome to make a return next week, however fleeting. 

I still have a lot of outdoors jobs to do, (apple picking, painting) and I'd rather be doing them in mild southerly conditions than when it's blowing a gale in 10C like today.

It also feels like a complete waste, if it was the 10th December today I would have been looking at blizzards, blizzards and more blizzards, but no, it's just cool and windy. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anticyclonic unless a snow storm

I like this cold windy northerly proper autumn day plus a nice brisk walk along beach all wrapped up cant beat it :)))

As long as the sun makes an appearance and you are wearing a wind proof jacket I agree it is not a problem.