Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

I'm more than happy to admit that I don'[t want to let go of any warm & sunny weather, regardless of if it's in summer or autumn. As someone once said to me, "Ice is for drinks", so that rather sums up my feelings towards winter! The longer any cold & unsettled weather remains away from these shores, the better! I of course realise I'm in a minority at this time of year, but happy to be so! :-)

Being in a minority is more fun, IMHO ;) I do wonder how people can afford to endlessly heat their homes without a care in the world. Oh, that's right...benefits!!
  • Like 1

Posted

Being in a minority is more fun, IMHO Posted Image I do wonder how people can afford to endlessly heat their homes without a care in the world. Oh, that's right...benefits!!

Maybe they just stick an extra jumper on instead of turning the heating on?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Maybe they do, I know I do as heating costs are just plain silly and I don't earn a bad wage. But I'm definitely in the mild camp this winter, a short, mild winter with a week of snow in Jan then an early warm Spring please :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

Being in a minority is more fun, IMHO Posted Image I do wonder how people can afford to endlessly heat their homes without a care in the world. Oh, that's right...benefits!!

I think it's the Daily Mail website you're after. Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

I'm more than happy to admit that I don'[t want to let go of any warm & sunny weather, regardless of if it's in summer or autumn. As someone once said to me, "Ice is for drinks", so that rather sums up my feelings towards winter! The longer any cold & unsettled weather remains away from these shores, the better! 

I of course realise I'm in a minority at this time of year, but happy to be so! :-) 

I'm happy to see more of this dry and warm stuff well into the first half of November. The ground round here is still very hard and reminiscent of dry periods during the summer. There is still a yellow tinge to the grass in parts of the garden too.

The gales can commence when all the trees have lost their leaves and high pressure loses its ability to bring warmth. Usually from mid November onwards.

• Like 2

Posted

I think it's the Daily Mail website you're after. Posted Image

Wouldn't know, don't read it, but you seem clued up :)
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

Model thread is a HP lover's dream at the moment and I've been told to post in other places if I feel like a rant, so......boring weather, just glad in the knowledge that it will change into something more...interesting. I'm thinking the end of the month may bring a lot cooler weather than this dross that we've had to endure recently. Hopefully that will give us a good start into a nice cold, snowy winter :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

The weather can change all of a sudden from warmth one week to cold and frosty the next so just because the first half of October will be warm and settled it doesnt mean there wont be a cold outbreak later on in the month. But it has to be said that as far as the models go out its looking like above average temperatures and high pressure will rule over the UK. In the corresponding part of Spring at the start of April we were still in single figures and we had just come out of March which was several degrees colder than average. September was merely average with a warm final 10 days. Its not been unusually warm so far at all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Some coldies need to look at the bigger picture and see that this pattern is helping to build snow over Siberia and hold up sea temperatures in the north Atlantic. It puzzles me why they would want full blown zonal weather which would mean a raging polar vortex over Greenland.

....unless they are not coldies at all Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

Some coldies need to look at the bigger picture and see that this pattern is helping to build snow over Siberia and hold up sea temperatures in the north Atlantic. It puzzles me why they would want full blown zonal weather which would mean a raging polar vortex over Greenland.

A thousand times this. And elevated North Sea temps too. Of course we need the right synoptics in Dec too, but an Easterly is no good if there's no cold to tap into.

Edited by Yarmy
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A thousand times this. And elevated North Sea temps too. Of course we need the right synoptics in Dec too, but an Easterly is no good if there's no cold to tap into.

There is some bizarre reasoning going on at the moment, here is another one

Warm and sunny = boring

Cold and Sunny = Not boring

WHAT!!!!

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Id take zonal and worry about winter later. 

Posted

....unless they are not coldies at all Posted Image

An easterly is not good here.

And lets be honest we are all struggling to see what benefit this mild weather is doing!!

Posted

The HP lovers will soon be moaning when it ends up cloudy most days lol. But you cant pick and choose what HP you love you have to love it always, bit like a dog isnt just for xmas.

Edited by No Balls Like Snow Balls
  • Like 1

Posted

Id take zonal and worry about winter later. 

Zonality setting up now, I'd be expecting the first cold spell by next March (going by what happened in 2011)

I'll pass if I see a sluggish pattern which could turn frigid by the time we reach November because why wait to be honest :)

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted

Another hp spell that looks like its not gonna live up to all the hype of the mod thread. Mostly cloudy for most going by a lot of opinions this morning. WOW EPIC man EPIC Haha.

• Like 1

Posted

Another hp spell that looks like its not gonna live up to all the hype of the mod thread. Mostly cloudy for most going by a lot of opinions this morning. WOW EPIC man EPIC Haha.

Well it will be EPICally cloudy then Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anticyclonic unless a snow storm

What little differences would we need to see to the high pressure setup for next week to see some daily high temp records broken?

Edited by BlueSkies_do_I_see

Posted

Will not be sunny but still gotta be better than cold and wet...

i'll shut the door on the way out  Posted Image

Same it's not too bad today, sunny spells and temperatures at 21C, not bad for early October, some cloud rolling over now, maybe a shower perhaps.

• Like 1

Posted

Have been digging a new bed on the allotment and the soil is so dry. Dug down more than a foot and no moisture whatsoever. Think we need rain pretty desperately here in the SE at least. From the latest charts this looks unlikely for the foreseeable.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

Have been digging a new bed on the allotment and the soil is so dry. Dug down more than a foot and no moisture whatsoever. Think we need rain pretty desperately here in the SE at least. From the latest charts this looks unlikely for the foreseeable.

Yes same here in skeg its been very dry here had a 10 min heavy shower yesterday and shower today the soils the same here very dry

Posted

Should just address something here

I am not a mildie despite the fact I like warm weather, I like extremes of weather, whether it is summer heat or winter cold. I embrace both of them.

I just don't like Autumn, the season can sod off and we can have summer until late October when winter can then start Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Enjoy your bbq's next week your be in prime position to see any frost if the current models are anything to go by lol. Absolute quality.

• Like 2