Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

ah well that proves me wrong then the uk has seen summer like conditions today

Likewise when western and southern areas are basking in sunshine whilst the East is cloudy and cool like most of June and parts of July.

Oh wait it's only summer like weather if London and the south east gets it. Anywhere else and it doesn't count Posted Image

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted

Another miserable day here bits of drizzle on and off  with a high of 17.3c. When does this lovely weather arrive  again.Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Sceptical Inquirer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and cold

Must admit it's been awful here today low cloud that's clung around all day and drizzle all day long not a very nice day at all !! yesterday was glorious today I wish I hadn't got out of bed .

Posted

Likewise when western and southern areas are basking in sunshine whilst the East is cloudy and cool like most of June and parts of July.

Oh wait it's only summer like weather if London and the south east gets it. Anywhere else and it doesn't count Posted Image

it was cool and cloudy here in june mate and it was in lots of parts of the south aswell, also i hear countless times northerners moaning about the south getting all the warm weather so they are just moaning gits like us too, thing is its not as warm and sunny here as they think it is this is not the med

Edited by Tony27

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Look at the satellite imagery - a good chunk of England is cloud-bound, with the cloud only now burning off in the south, but too little too late - the sun will be down in 2 hours.

In fact, not all of East Anglia has fared well, either, so you've been lucky. Thought the Pennines might have blocked the cloud encroaching from the SW but no such luck. Seems like Aberdeen is a good place to be.

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

And here - much like early June - it has hung around all day with very low light levels. At least no nagging cold wind like you normally associate with low cloud set ups.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Oh wait it's only summer like weather if London and the south east gets it. Anywhere else and it doesn't count Posted Image

Oh please....stop playing Pollyanna and let people have a whinge! All the hype over the last few weeks (from the usual suspects) has led to skate grey skies for days across much of the UK, not just London/SE. Really couldn't care less that some obscure Welsh village was warm today, quite frankly.
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Someone has just described a shallow 990mb low as "stormy", and us warmies are accused of over hyping, that wouldn't blow a single leaf off the tree, let alone anything else Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Well at least the sun finally came out this afternoon and it was actually very warm.

Only lasted for about 3 hours though, it should have really been out all day.Posted Image

Posted

Someone has just described a shallow 990mb low as "stormy", and us warmies are accused of over hyping, that wouldn't blow a single leaf off the tree, let alone anything else Posted Image

A lot of people on both sides (Warmies/Coldies)have the tendancy to over hype their preferred weather type. I've been following this forum for a long time, even decided to register a couple of years back, but still try to keep my distance. Although this forum is a lot quieter during the summer than in winter, there are still around the same percetage of people who are over the top with their predictions. This in itself isn't a problem for me, because you find people like this in all walks of life. What does annoy me though is the amount of people, especially over the past couple of years, that have now decided to take it upon themselves to call people out on their preferences, sometimes is goes as far as insulting people because they have an opinion that differs from their own. There are one or two posters on here that get away with murder who should of at least been banned by now, but alas they are still here, free to talk their drivel.

I have decided to carry on following this forum during the winter, hoping that things calm down a bit. If not I shall move on to find a forum with less in fighting and more weather discussion.

Posted

A lot of people on both sides (Warmies/Coldies)have the tendancy to over hype their preferred weather type. I've been following this forum for a long time, even decided to register a couple of years back, but still try to keep my distance. Although this forum is a lot quieter during the summer than in winter, there are still around the same percetage of people who are over the top with their predictions. This in itself isn't a problem for me, because you find people like this in all walks of life. What does annoy me though is the amount of people, especially over the past couple of years, that have now decided to take it upon themselves to call people out on their preferences, sometimes is goes as far as insulting people because they have an opinion that differs from their own. There are one or two posters on here that get away with murder who should of at least been banned by now, but alas they are still here, free to talk their drivel.I have decided to carry on following this forum during the winter, hoping that things calm down a bit. If not I shall move on to find a forum with less in fighting and more weather discussion.

Mate you ain't seen nothing yet. Winter time is gonna get a whole lot worse lol. Edited by No Balls Like Snow Balls

Posted

I wish the models would bring that LP in the Atlantic steaming in rather than just sitting there hehe

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Its been a case of the models looking better than the actual conditions they produce. If it had been mid summer we would have been looking a widespread high 20s/low 30s but this time of year is more uncertain what you are going to get. Autumn 2011 shows what we could have had but i suspect the main problem this time has been the origin of the air in the first place coming up from the SW and the lack of wind to clear all the cloud away. I must say though that the past 2 days have been glorious in East Yorkshire. Yesterday evening had the feel of a warm July evening.

Edited by Milhouse

Posted

In the end the high is just in the wrong place, anywhere further east and even though you still have the same flow, the wind would break the cloud up. The slack flow just means anywhere with the thickest cloud gets stuck under it. The cloud didn't break up but instead got nibbled away at the edges which left central England cloudy. Tomorrow might be better for those areas whilst eastern areas might have issues off the north sea with a south easterly developing. 

Posted

Oh please....stop playing Pollyanna and let people have a whinge! All the hype over the last few weeks (from the usual suspects) has led to skate grey skies for days across much of the UK, not just London/SE. Really couldn't care less that some obscure Welsh village was warm today, quite frankly.

To be fair many areas have experience very good weather over the past few days, usually the areas which do very badly (North east England, Scotland) and today it was an area stretching from London up to Merseyside which got stuck under cloud whilst many others enjoyed some decent early Autumn weather.

The question is this, had this been reversed (north east was grey and cold whilst London, Birmingham were sunny and warm), how busy would this thread have been today? 

Probably would have been dead in here despite a similar percentage of the country getting the sun or the cloud. Just happened the cloudy stuff was where most of the population lives.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

A high of 17.7c today, should I put this in the very warm or hot category.People will talk about this day in years to come:rofl:

22c yesterday on SUNday just a few miles west of you and Saturday saw 19c. Friday saw 20c. Not boiling nor heat wave but has been warm throughout even under cloudy skies today. Edited by Mark Neal.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

To be fair many areas have experience very good weather over the past few days, usually the areas which do very badly (North east England, Scotland) and today it was an area stretching from London up to Merseyside which got stuck under cloud whilst many others enjoyed some decent early Autumn weather.The question is this, had this been reversed (north east was grey and cold whilst London, Birmingham were sunny and warm), how busy would this thread have been today? Probably would have been dead in here despite a similar percentage of the country getting the sun or the cloud. Just happened the cloudy stuff was where most of the population lives.

Fair enough, though the weather conditions where most of the population live are always going to be of more importance collectively than in more sparsely populated areas. I don't think Londoners are glad when the E coast is cloudy and it's sunny there, it's not like its a competition or anything. Perhaps the massive amount of ridiculous hyping by the usual suspects about heatwaves etc has annoyed many people that have not seen the sun for days on end. Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 1

Posted

Fair enough, though the weather conditions where most of the population live are always going to be of more importance collectively than in more sparsely populated areas. I don't think Londoners are glad when the E coast is cloudy and it's sunny there, it's not like its a competition or anything. Perhaps the huge amount of silly hyping by the usual suspects about heatwaves etc

I guess in the end high summer there is less chance of getting any annoying pieces of cloud trapped underneath the high than there is in late September. Shame really, if the high was just 50/100 miles further east we probably would have been sunnier and warmer than this. Just one of those things. 

I guess in the end, maybe I was a bit over-zealous (probably because the flow showed a good chance of delivering here, which they did), unfortunately it's the usual case of radar watching in the end to see where cloud will end up and where the sunnier and warm places are. What has been shown is that where the cloud has remained broken the temperatures have responded to where many of us expected them to be (24-25C), but off course it didn't happen everywhere which is a shame in the end so sorry about that.

To be honest even the BBC/Metoffice though the cloud would break up today, but that cloud was a tenacious little g*t Posted Image

Anyway I guess this is about the end, time to wind down and get ready for winter. Posted Image

Posted

I guess in the end high summer there is less chance of getting any annoying pieces of cloud trapped underneath the high than there is in late September. Shame really, if the high was just 50/100 miles further east we probably would have been sunnier and warmer than this. Just one of those things.

To be honest even the BBC/Metoffice though the cloud would break up today, but that cloud was a tenacious little g*t Posted Image

Anyway I guess this is about the end, time to wind down and get ready for winter. Posted Image

True, and I take my hat off to those that can accurately predict cloud amounts in these gloomy Islands. I guess that separates the men from the boys lol! You have nothing to apologise for, everyone is entitled to their opinion or to make a forecast. Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 1

Posted

22c yesterday on SUNday just a few miles west of you and Saturday saw 19c. Friday saw 20c. Not boiling nor heat wave but has been warm throughout even under cloudy skies today.

This was down at heathrow where i work. Sunday was the best day in our neck of the woods yeah.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

I wish the models would bring that LP in the Atlantic steaming in rather than just sitting there hehe

i think many will be prefering that to this grey murky nothingness many have got, and likely to keep?

Posted

Oh well, I guess it's the triangle of dooms day to have this cloud, seems like parts of the UK are babysitting this awful thing Posted Image

It should improve by Friday when the southerly wind picks up.

Posted

i think many will be prefering that to this grey murky nothingness many have got, and likely to keep?

Yeah, foggy here this morning. Allegedly the sun will come out later but they said that yesterday.