Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps

Paul

Posted

Zzzzzzzzz the boring outlook in the models continues, even the unsettled weather this weekend doesn't look very unsettled lol. Even fans of nothingness seem to be getting fed up with it.

Edited by No Balls Like Snow Balls

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The sun is back today :)

Oh well I will take several weeks of southerly winds now in exchange for several weeks of northerlies during the winter. Posted Image

Posted

I hope it stays like this until November...Posted Image

Quite and models still looking fairly benign (or boring depending on your point of view) for a awhile longer..hurrah

• Like 1

Posted

I pinched this from Matt H on twitter.

post-115-0-79346000-1380106121_thumb.png

Makes the old spine tingle lol.

Edited by No Balls Like Snow Balls

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Sat, Sun & Tues were all very nice days (eventually) and I believe today might brighten up soon. Temps are staying up overnight so nipping to the bog in the middle of the night doesn't involve freezing to death nor is any heating needed bar the odd evening briefly. 

Sure its quite cloudy and dull (sometimes) but it could be worse - it could be like what most of spring & early June was like - cold & cloudy with a constant heat sapping wind. 

The wind 'n rain can kick in during Oct then the cold late on in November. Need to save money as last spring cost a bomb!

Posted

Sat, Sun & Tues were all very nice days (eventually) and I believe today might brighten up soon. Temps are staying up overnight so nipping to the bog in the middle of the night doesn't involve freezing to death nor is any heating needed bar the odd evening briefly. 

Sure its quite cloudy and dull (sometimes) but it could be worse - it could be like what most of spring & early June was like - cold & cloudy with a constant heat sapping wind. 

The wind 'n rain can kick in during Oct then the cold late on in November. Need to save money as last spring cost a bomb!

You still using a outside toilet?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anticyclonic unless a snow storm

Finally the sun comes out here in Leicestershire. This weather is great for people with outdoor work to be done like myself.  Since the high pressure came, I've been able to paint, cut hedges, pick the fruit on my father in law's orchard.  All would have been not possible if we had kept the wind and rain.

That said, when these jobs are done, I will be looking at the models to deliver something a little more seasonal.  I'm of the belief we'll have widespread snow nearly every winter from now on because of the ice melt in the Arctic (still unproven I know, just my personal belief) so I am expecting something big to appear in the models in the way of cold in the coming months.

Edited by BlueSkies_do_I_see

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

No but sometimes in cold weather it feels like it! House cools off ever so fast on the colder nights we had in early Sept. Now its fine at night.

Posted

About 15 minutes of the sun breaking through the mist around 12:30pm today and then the gloom returned, so frustrating all this warm air being wasted.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

i certainly don't enjoy unsettel weather from my arm chare i like to go out and enjoy it if its snow or heavy showers. Again the sun came out for a bit today now its gon cloudy. If today's models anything to go by then i think we r stuck with this boring weather for a wile.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

No but sometimes in cold weather it feels like it! House cools off ever so fast on the colder nights we had in early Sept. Now its fine at night.

Yes. There's nothing more excruciating than sitting on a cold toilet seat in the midst of a deep cold spell in my house. We do not have central heating...so when the gas fire in the lounge goes off and no electric heater is on near the bathroom, it is like walking into Jack Frost's ensuite.Anyway......I digress.Wonder if the hurricane activity will start to pick up next month? Might be a stupid question but when does the hurricane season tend to 'end'? Is it early Decemberish? Recent years have been rather quiet on the Atlantic storm front making our autumns rather 'stagnant'! Edited by Chris K

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Have you thought about buying one of them thermal seat liners, they work wonders...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Have you thought about buying one of them thermal seat liners, they work wonders...

I'm worried it might melt the plastic that's currently sheltering the encrusted barbed wire in the seat :p

(Yes I was sad enough to get one)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Great weather for concentrating on university... pretty boring if you have an interest in the weather.

Today has actually been the sunniest day of the week so far here, reaching 22.7C this afternoon albeit hazily. The overall look to the models though looks a bit naff for anything interesting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Marvellous weather for tidying-up in the garden; not too sweltering, not too cold  - and the soil is lovely and friable...Posted Image 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

It looks like the cloud should thin more tomorrow for those in the north and east after 2 days of slate grey cloud

Friday to Sunday looks mostly cloud free in the north as well according to GFS (next gen)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Its only late September. Whilst there is still some daylight in the evening i look for mild and benign conditions, which look like continuing for a while. But the lack of sun is rather disappointing. Once the clocks go back in late October and the trees have shed their leaves then the gales and storms can roll in. But to be honest i wont turn down a quiet spell of weather at any time of year.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Its only late September. Whilst there is still some daylight in the evening i look for mild and benign conditions, which look like continuing for a while. But the lack of sun is rather disappointing. Once the clocks go back in late October and the trees have shed their leaves then the gales and storms can roll in. But to be honest i wont turn down a quiet spell of weather at any time of year.

The cloud will be breaking up overnight so tomorrow till at least Sunday in our part of the UK will be a lot brighter this dull slate grey muck is coming to an end

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

I hope it stays like this until November...Posted Image

...i hope it stays until march!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Ok ,its boring weather now, but very useable for the outdoors, gives us sometime to get ready for some interesting weather is a few weeks time!!Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Ok ,its boring weather now, but very useable for the outdoors, gives us sometime to get ready for some interesting weather is a few weeks time!!Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

Could be a long wait Posted Image

Even I am getting bored now.

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

gorgeous day here! warm, sunny, but not humid as a nice breeze has got up :)

for once the grass was completely dry!