Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps

Paul

Posted

Ruddy more HP but only from the East this time gggggrrrrrr LOL. This is very lean times for us active weather fans.

Edited by No Balls Like Snow Balls

Ruddy more HP but only from the East this time gggggrrrrrr LOL. This is very lean times for us active weather fans.

Doesn't look too bad, could be a fair bit of rain, some heavy showers and downpours, maybe something thundery on the current charts especially in the S. At least we seem to get rid of that tedious nagging Azores/Mid-Atlantic high that's been pestering us it seems for ages, the most boring weather setup IMO.

Edited by Bobby

Posted

Doesn't look too bad, could be a fair bit of rain, some heavy showers and downpours, maybe something thundery on the current charts especially in the S. At least we seem to get rid of that tedious nagging Azores/Mid-Atlantic high that's been pestering us it seems for ages, the most boring weather setup IMO.

Yeah weekend could be quite interesting, just hope it can last a while.

Posted

Latest meteo update has us staying unsettled towards mid month, even talk of it getting somewhat  colder generally Posted Image .

They seem to be very uncertain about any settled spell after mid month.

Hopefully plenty of enjoyable active weather to come Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Yeah weekend could be quite interesting, just hope it can last a while.

I'll give it two days!Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

Just as yesterday it's as dull as ditchwater here and cool too in misty low cloud/lifted fog.  All I can say is lucky those who have enjoyed any proper warmth, but having said that we should see 25c here today..... 8c this morning and 17c this afternoon!Posted Image

Edited by shedhead

Posted

Do unsettled weather fans actually go outside to enjoy that weather or watch it from the comfort of their armchair ? Posted Image

I go outside and enjoy it. Nothing like being wrapped up in your waterproofs, with gale force winds driving rain horizontily at you :-)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Do unsettled weather fans actually go outside to enjoy that weather or watch it from the comfort of their armchair ? Posted Image

I think they do nothing but stare out the window with nothing better to do!
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

I go outside and enjoy it. Nothing like being wrapped up in your waterproofs, with gale force winds driving rain horizontily at you :-)

........and not have to make a living out of doing it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Settled is great when it leads to warm/hot sunshine or cold sunny ice days. The odd foggy inversion in the cold part of the year is good too as its quite atmospheric - although must not go on too long or severe sun starvation goes on.

When settled is cloudy/drizzly then its cack. Gladly today has delivered warm sunshine at last so long may it continue!

The unsettled gales, rain and such belong mid Oct-Nov then bring 'em on!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

john h did say there will be cloudy. Yet 1 or 2 posters stil over hiped this spell. Yesterday the sun didn't come out here at all how ever after a cloudie start the sun's out and fiels very warm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

So today sorted.. what of tomorrow - its anybodys guess!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

Yeah, foggy here this morning. Allegedly the sun will come out later but they said that yesterday.

its out here...clear blue skies pretty strong warm sun...:)

Latest meteo update has us staying unsettled towards mid month, even talk of it getting somewhat  colder generally Posted Image .

They seem to be very uncertain about any settled spell after mid month.

Hopefully plenty of enjoyable active weather to come Posted Image

'getting somewhat colder mid month'?... never! in october! lol... c'mon man, a 5 year old kid could predict that! its inevitable (unfortunately).

Posted

john h did say there will be cloudy. Yet 1 or 2 posters stil over hiped this spell. Yesterday the sun didn't come out here at all how ever after a cloudie start the sun's out and fiels very warm.

Many of us have had a lot of sunshine as well though- only yesterday was completely cloudy here. Today has been fantastic, as was Sunday- Saturday was sunny for most of the afternoon too.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

In my case, it depends on the type of unsettled weather.  If it has both sunshine and convective precipitation somewhere in the description then I am likely to go outside and enjoy it, and if we get a bout of windy weather once in a while then I may pop outside and stand facing the wind to get a strong sense of its power.  But there are other types of unsettled weather that I find rather less interesting and/or only decent to view from indoors.

I had plenty of sunshine over the last few days but today, in contrast, is like one of those "anticyclonic gloom" days more commonly associated with November-February, quite misty and grey- so the distribution of cloud is clearly a lot different today.  It is a common issue that as autumn progresses and solar strength declines, high pressure spells are increasingly likely to be cloudy for at least some of the time, whereas in June and July a sustained supply of moisture is needed to prevent the sun from burning off the cloud and turning a cloudy high into a clear, sunny one.

Edited by Thundery wintry showers

Posted

its out here...clear blue skies pretty strong warm sun...:)'getting somewhat colder mid month'?... never! in october! lol... c'mon man, a 5 year old kid could predict that! its inevitable (unfortunately).

Yeah it is pretty silly. I have no idea how cold they mean but looking at the models there ain't no sign of colder yet.

Posted

In my case, it depends on the type of unsettled weather. If it has both sunshine and convective precipitation somewhere in the description then I am likely to go outside and enjoy it, and if we get a bout of windy weather once in a while then I may pop outside and stand facing the wind to get a strong sense of its power. But there are other types of unsettled weather that I find rather less interesting and/or only decent to view from indoors.I had plenty of sunshine over the last few days but today, in contrast, is like one of those "anticyclonic gloom" days more commonly associated with November-February, quite misty and grey- so the distribution of cloud is clearly a lot different today. It is a common issue that as autumn progresses and solar strength declines, high pressure spells are increasingly likely to be cloudy for at least some of the time, whereas in June and July a sustained supply of moisture is needed to prevent the sun from burning off the cloud and turning a cloudy high into a clear, sunny one.

Don't you go having to much fun there, you might do yourself an injury lol. Edited by No Balls Like Snow Balls

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Oh please....stop playing Pollyanna and let people have a whinge! All the hype over the last few weeks (from the usual suspects) has led to skate grey skies for days across much of the UK, not just London/SE. Really couldn't care less that some obscure Welsh village was warm today, quite frankly.

Trawsgoed is a mansion not a mere village i'll have you know!

Posted

Is there any explanation as to why this spell has been so grey and the low cloud is never picked up by the models but mid level-high stuff usually is? I always thought this was the time of year that the muck was least likely so expected crystal clear skies today and yesterday? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

Is there any explanation as to why this spell has been so grey and the low cloud is never picked up by the models but mid level-high stuff usually is? I always thought this was the time of year that the muck was least likely so expected crystal clear skies today and yesterday? 

moist air off the atlantic? damp ground after last weeks rain? temperature inversion?

Posted

Well for an hour or so perhaps then largely dry today.