Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

You feeling alright? Posted Image

The ECM is predicting an outbreak of Bartlett's disease, don't think I could cope with that.

On the up side it's a nice bright day here and should be many to come, but no I don't want a moderate long draw south westerly developing in October, it's the pinnacle of greyness.

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Good agreement from the ECM ensemble to develop a big area of high pressure over Europe at the end of its run further south than the Op for now but worth keeping an eye on it won't take much to get it over the UK

Op

Posted Image

Ensemble

Posted Image

Is that a Bartlett high by any chance?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Get outside if you're bored! Lovely day for it - I know I'd be in the garden sorting things out if I wasn't stuck at work!

gavin you are on the wrong thread mate this is the moaning thread, you are clearly feeling very happy about the charts

It's also the banter & ramping thread too.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anticyclonic unless a snow storm

We're in another stuck weather pattern. We should be getting used to it by now after the last few years.  We get weeks of the same type of weather - think the cold of Nov-Dec 2010, the sunshine of April 2011, the rain of April 2012 - June 2012, the easterly of March - April 2013 and the sunshine of July 2013 to name but a few.  It's just a continuation on a theme.

However, even if we continue to get the same type of weather for weeks at a time, sometime it has got to change.  I know what 95% of the people on here hope we get stuck with next!

It makes for less exciting model watching though when you are stuck with this particular weather, even though I prefer mild dry weather, it's not as exciting on the forums during the quieter months such as September/ early October.  I keep reminding myself, there are only about 8 weeks left when we can "light the touchpaper on here" and start seeing 10 day range models for the beginning of winter!

Pretty nice day for getting out and about here in Coventry and it's a godsend for cyclists!  Every day is the same though with highs of around 17-19C with hazy sunshine breaking through the grey cloud if we are lucky. 

This is the kind of weather you get on the quieter days in southern Europe through October, when they are not having a huge thunderstorm!

Edited by BlueSkies_do_I_see

Posted

gavin you are on the wrong thread mate this is the moaning thread, you are clearly feeling very happy about the charts

Its ramps as well

Banter, moans and ramps

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Get outside if you're bored! Lovely day for it - I know I'd be in the garden sorting things out if I wasn't stuck at work!

It is indeed...Which is exactly why I always welcome warm, benign weather, at this particular tome of year...Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

gorgeous day here! warm, sunny, but not humid as a nice breeze has got up Posted Image

for once the grass was completely dry!

Here too, a stunning afternoon with a lovely feel to it, really deep blue sky here this afternoon and the sun is feeling quite strong.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Cloudy, very dull with on/off drizzle here today. B'ah!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

Grey, damp and chilly here. Good weather for insomniacs lately. Where are the hurricanes??

Nothing doing.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov

• Like 1

Posted

Grey, damp and chilly here. Good weather for insomniacs lately. Where are the hurricanes??

In hibernation I think either lining up for a run of them in October and November or we are going to have one of the quietest seasons on record

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

In hibernation I think either lining up for a run of them in October and November or we are going to have one of the quietest seasons on record

Yeah, remarkable really. Especially when you consider what was forecast:

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/outlooks/figure1.gif

Posted

If no major hurricane forms in the Atlantic this year, it will be the first time since 1994 I believe according to this site, http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-09-24/atlantic-season-with-no-major-storm-humbling-forecasters.html

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Vile day in Burnham on Sea in N Somerset, under one of the only bits of rain in the entire UK. Boo :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and cold

Beautiful day it was cloudy this morning and I did have a moan (then again I am a lady and apparently thats what we do) But this afyernoon its been a smasher !! Not exactly get your bikini out warm but very nice cant grumble :)

• Like 1

Posted

It's not good weather for model watching, but great for stepping out and about.  It's unlikely to last all winter though, unless we are heading for another 1988/89, so make the most of it.  By middle month I expect we'll have something a lot cooler on our hands!  From a personal point of view, I'm a high pressure fan so this present output fills me with joy, whereas last March I was full of despondence, so you just have to take what comes.

The people on this forum are on the whole, incredibly friendly and I would say we should be proud of that fact. We have a great community here and we should try to protect it.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm & Sunny

Beautiful weekend! Blue skies, sun, enough warmth in the day to be able to wear t-shirt & shorts.....fantastic. It's more than welcome to hang around for a while yet! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/cold in winter, hot and sunny in summer

here in Fife, Scotland, we had a great weekend with blue skies and a temperature of about 15-17c although it felt much warmer than that in the sun. BBC forecast for this week shows relatively little rain for my area whailst others look very wet. If the models are correct, maybe another weekend of sunshine to end a lovely 'useable' autumn.

Posted

Uh oh looks like another hp spell is gonna be hyped to biblical proportions. Zzzzzzzzzzz. Thank god there is some active weather to look forward to on Thursday.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

Uh oh looks like another hp spell is gonna be hyped to biblical proportions. Zzzzzzzzzzz. Thank god there is some active weather to look forward to on Thursday.

Anyone would think we were in for a heatwave! lol.

Edited by simshady

Posted

Anyone would think we were in for a heatwave! lol.

Give it time and someone is bound to mention that word lol
  • Like 1