Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

Lovely, lovely cool weather....whether it be rain or clear...nice and fresh :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

I want cool, sunny weather! I'll do anything! I want to get out with the camera and snap some pictures of the autumn foliage.

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

ECM run on the 5th October 2012 

Worse than anything 2012 threw at us in the south east

That is all

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

It is October...

By what I mean weather wise, summer of 2012 consisted of limpet troughs and lots of rain. The ECM shows a trough limpeting close to the south east for most of the run. Even you wouldn't want day after day of persistent rain which the ECM would bring.

I'm fine with the UKMO/GFS solution as they at least bring some sunshine with them. The ECM is pretty much as bad as it can get down here.

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

By what I mean weather wise, summer of 2012 consisted of limpet troughs and lots of rain. The ECM shows a trough limpeting close to the south east for most of the run. Even you wouldn't want day after day of persistent rain which the ECM would bring.I'm fine with the UKMO/GFS solution as they at least bring some sunshine with them. The ECM is pretty much as bad as it can get down here.

Sorry to be a party pooper but I'd actually quite like 3 days of rain, the ground here is bone dry down to a foot or more. I guess any more than 3 days would be v boring tho
  • Like 1

Posted

Models still looking good for some cooler and fresher weather. Bring it on. Hopefully this will be the last of this warm muck.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm & Sunny

Yes, sunshine, warmth, people out and about enjoying themselves with smiles on their faces.....terrible isn't it.....

• Like 2

Posted

Sorry to be a party pooper but I'd actually quite like 3 days of rain, the ground here is bone dry down to a foot or more. I guess any more than 3 days would be v boring tho

Currently the spell of wet and cold weather is forecast to last 6 days starting on Thursday, still subject to change. Only by day 10 that both the ECM/GFS shunt the low away but that's well out in fantasy Island which frankly could be the new lost city of Atlantis by then Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Currently the spell of wet and cold weather is forecast to last 6 days starting on Thursday, still subject to change. Only by day 10 that both the ECM/GFS shunt the low away but that's well out in fantasy Island which frankly could be the new lost city of Atlantis by then Posted Image

Would the 6 days be constant cloud and rain or would conditions be more showery in nature with sunny spells?

Posted

Would the 6 days be constant cloud and rain or would conditions be more showery in nature with sunny spells?

Given the rain is coming in off the continent I guess it could be constant cloud, inland areas might see some sun between the rainbands.

The funny thing is when the reality hits home by next weekend, those who were celebrating this will probably be moaning about how dire the weather currently is when they have had constant rain for several days.

• Like 3

Posted

Yes, sunshine, warmth, people out and about enjoying themselves with smiles on their faces.....terrible isn't it.....

That depends on your location as quite a few have seen little in the way of sunshine, so some nice chilly air with some sun will go down a treat IMBY. Edited by Sceptical Inquirer
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Given the rain is coming in off the continent I guess it could be constant cloud, inland areas might see some sun between the rainbands.

The funny thing is when the reality hits home by next weekend, those who were celebrating this will probably be moaning about how dire the weather currently is when they have had constant rain for several days.

I'd likely be celebrating too, was there any correlation whatsoever between a spell of cold, damp rubbish in mid-October and 20 ft snowdrifts, come January...Alas, no such correlation exists...Posted Image

Edited by A Boy Named Sue

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Ye mildies had your warmth during the summer and a decent summer it was. its Autumn now so bring on the more seasonal weather i say. I just cant enjoy the Autumn with all this mild muck we have been having ,i love this time of yr but the weather has been putting a downer on it for me for much of the season so far. Looks like more seasonal weather on the way in a few days time thankfully.

• Like 2

Posted

Ye mildies had your warmth during the summer and a decent summer it was. its Autumn now so bring on the more seasonal weather i say. I just cant enjoy the Autumn with all this mild muck we have been having ,i love this time of yr but the weather has been putting a downer on it for me for much of the season so far. Looks like more seasonal weather on the way in a few days time thankfully.

Thing is there are so many double standards on these boards- people have been willing on cool weather for the reason that they want rid of the 'mild muck'. Well today we've got some lovely air from the south here and it's beautifully sunny. The arrival of colder conditions will actually lead to the very 'muck' you speak of for many. But for some reason, the 'muck' is okay if it's cold? I don't quite get it.

• Like 3

Posted

Thing is there are so many double standards on these boards- people have been willing on cool weather for the reason that they want rid of the 'mild muck'. Well today we've got some lovely air from the south here and it's beautifully sunny. The arrival of colder conditions will actually lead to the very 'muck' you speak of for many. But for some reason, the 'muck' is okay if it's cold? I don't quite get it.

well i would rather sunny and cold weather rather then cold and cloudy but be it cloudy or sunny i do like to see the cooler temps coming back at this time of yr. Cloudy mild humid weather which i have got for much of the last while is the type of weather i hate with a passion.

• Like 3

Posted

If most of the UK is wet and cold next weekend then there will be a lot of posters eating humble pie. Interesting to note that northern England southwards is now expected to receive spells of rain by next weekend if the ECM/GFS were correct. A little shift westwards of that low and most of the UK would be under it's influence. I wonder if people will still be celebrating by then?

The metoffice update now going for persistent rain over the south east. I wonder if that will make any progress northwest on future updates.

• Like 2

Posted

But cold air doesn't automatically mean bright/sunny by any means. There seems to be a myth on here that this is the case when in fact the outlook shown by the ECM for example could well be very unpleasant with persistent cold rain for much of England- in Ireland you may do okay in that setup though.

• Like 1

Posted

But cold air doesn't automatically mean bright/sunny by any means. There seems to be a myth on here that this is the case when in fact the outlook shown by the ECM for example could well be very unpleasant with persistent cold rain for much of England- in Ireland you may do okay in that setup though.

Yes cold doesnt mean sunny. Last winter for example during the second half of it had plenty cold and dull days which i wasnt fond of as i prefer the cold sunny weather type. I dont mind some cold wet weather every now and again as long as the rain doesnt hang around for too long.

• Like 1

Posted

True but any unpleasantness should be South of IMBY, so let the cool down begin.Posted Image

Posted

Anything is better than a 15c minimum in October. I will take 8c max anyday.

• Like 3

Posted

True but any unpleasantness should be South of IMBY, so let the cool down begin.Posted Image

As Captain Shortwave pointed out, this is by no means certain though- we may escape the worst of it in NW England but it won't take many corrections for us too to be in the persistent cold rain.

Posted

As Captain Shortwave pointed out, this is by no means certain though- we may escape the worst of it in NW England but it won't take many corrections for us too to be in the persistent cold rain.

But at least it will be cold!Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

I love seasonal cold as much as the best of them on here...but seasonal to me means comes the winter when something interesting and exciting can come from the depth of cold that is possible. But this time of year, other than gales and  thundery downpours, the next thing I want least is rain and temperatures of around 10 to 12C, or any chilly weather for that matter. Seeking cold weather in October is as pointless imo as it becomes when Spring has passed any potential for proper wintry weather. I would infinitely prefer the predictions of the models of just 36 to 48 hrs ago to have been true, The current weather would be very welcome to stay for some time yet

• Like 4