Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Unlikely away from sheltered western areas, the 850's are actually above average in the north by the weekend so I wouldn't be surprised if it turned into a cloudfest with the north sea doing it's usual dirty work. BBC forecast shows it cloudy for most regions, unless the entire model thread population lives in western Scotland Posted Image

The cloud part is what some eager posters are seemingly ignoring from their posts.

We'll see, but the Met forecast is (or was) showing sunshine here on most days. Personally, I find the BBC's weird cloud splodges on their weather maps to be useless.

Posted

Unlikely away from sheltered western areas, the 850's are actually above average in the north by the weekend so I wouldn't be surprised if it turned into a cloudfest with the north sea doing it's usual dirty work. BBC forecast shows it cloudy for most regions, unless the entire model thread population lives in western Scotland Posted Image

The cloud part is what some eager posters are seemingly ignoring from their posts. welcome to the moaning thread

Welcome to the moaning thread CS, I see your becoming a bit of a regular.Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Welcome to the moaning thread CS, I see your becoming a bit of a regular.Posted Image

As you were one of the many moaning about cold cloudy easterlies last winter, I assume you will be joining me by the weekend Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Blimey poor old Gaz was posting a CFS chart for January and got slated yet its ok for Crewecold to do so !! I can see why anyone posting a chart promoting a mild alternative has a hard time on these forums during winter

Sorry but no, I respectfully disagree you saying that quoting my post. I did nowhere state it was a problem for Gaz to post a mild CFS chart. Read what I said."That goes for whether there are more colder or milder options being shown by the way, because personally I am just interested in learning about the range of forecasting tools that are used for things such as seasonal forecasts."I don't slate anyone posting in this forum because I am keen to learn everyone's own view and take on the model outputs whilst trying to learn about them myself. I think the major problem is people not reading posts properly, taking them the wrong way or simply not reading them at all. I was only responding to someone else saying posting them is silly all together. Edited by Chris K
  • Like 1

Posted

As you were one of the many moaning about cold cloudy easterlies last winter, I assume you will be joining me by the weekend Posted Image

Nothing wrong with that, bring em on, the darker the better!

Posted

Lots of lovely cool weather showing in the models. Dont think we are gonna see anything approching very high teens in a long long long while. Maybe never again in 2013.

Signs of the Atlantic LP moving in too meaning it could become widely unsettled. hello AUTUMN its nice to see you back Posted Image

Edited by No Balls Like Snow Balls
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Well goodbye last weekend & Tuesday's lovely warm 20c sunshine and hello 13c with cloud, wind & rain dross.

I guess we did well to make it this long given how short the warm season felt like it was going in mid Sept. Last winter certainly started and held on longer than this summer did but at least not as bad as most years recently. 

It's always sad when you know the end of the good weather arrives and simply how long there is to wait to enjoy the outdoors properly again. Still a bitter Berlin winter for me and then gladly - a more reliable Berlin summer next year!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

the differents bitween cruecold gaz and to an extent summer sun is that they would post cfs charts to get a reaction where as cruecold would post the same charts and gives his reasoning behind it.

• Like 1

Posted

Can we have a tag on each member to signify who's a wind-up merchant then Posted Image ! Model watching is difficult enough without having to sort out everyone's personal agenda.

Edited by cobbett
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Is this the 'Model Banter, Moans and Ramps', or the 'Slagging Off Other Contributors' Thread?

I don't normally read this thread and the last 3 or 4 pages are very poor reading imho. Posted Image

Over and out.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Why don't we just agree to allow each contributor the right to express their opinion? It is, after all, a thread for subjectivity...Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Lots of lovely cool weather showing in the models. Dont think we are gonna see anything approching very high teens in a long long long while. Maybe never again in 2013.

Signs of the Atlantic LP moving in too meaning it could become widely unsettled. hello AUTUMN its nice to see you back Posted Image

Damn Autumn, this sums it up Posted Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUfU1arc0Es

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

Lmao haha those massive wind arrows paul on look north just showed its safe to say its gna get a wee bit blowy here in skeg tomoro he mentioned touching gale force 9 to :)

Posted

The springs are also getting warmer thank goodness (April 2007, May 2008, April 2011, March 2012) so the winter feels shorter.

A bit weird to say that following the coldest CET spring since 1891. Winter really dragged its heels this year.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

the differents bitween cruecold gaz and to an extent summer sun is that they would post cfs charts to get a reaction where as cruecold would post the same charts and gives his reasoning behind it.

Agree about Gaz1985 but not the other 2, wouldnt class them as wind ups

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anticyclonic unless a snow storm

A bit weird to say that following the coldest CET spring since 1891. Winter really dragged its heels this year.

overall trend to warmer. 2013 hopefully a one off!

Posted

I've just remembered the horrible nightmare I had last night...45 cm of lying snow forecast, and nothing actually falling. It's starting early this year!Posted Image

Posted

I've just remembered the horrible nightmare I had last night...45 cm of lying snow forecast, and nothing actually falling. It's starting early this year!Posted Image

It's like those BBC weather graphics, they show a load of snow falling IYBY the forecasters talking a lot of snow IYBY, but there's damn well nothing falling out of the sky and neither will there be for the foreseeable.
  • Like 1

Posted

It's like those BBC weather graphics, they show a load of snow falling IYBY the forecasters talking a lot of snow IYBY, but there's damn well nothing falling out of the sky and neither will there be for the foreseeable.

Hence the Triangle of Doom!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Lmao haha those massive wind arrows paul on look north just showed its safe to say its gna get a wee bit blowy here in skeg tomoro he mentioned touching gale force 9 to Posted Image

Flood warning for the North Sea coast around Spurn Point. I would so love to be there at high tide in a gale force Northerly. Wouldnt want to get cut off though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

Flood warning for the North Sea coast around Spurn Point. I would so love to be there at high tide in a gale force Northerly. Wouldnt want to get cut off though.

nope that wouldnt be a nice experience im in town tomoro might take a walk along beach high tides just after 9am