IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 7th May 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Tom,

I think with those odds, Bonnie Tyler won't be singing her song twice tonight

Hi Chris,

Yes, I think the likes of the UK, Italy, France etc, suffer from all that political/block voting and need an exceptional song to make an impression on the voting panels across Europe, who tend to side with neighbours/allies. Shame really, as the concept of a song contest isnt a bad idea, imo, but because its become politicised, its now a farce.

Of course music tastes are personal, one mans meat is another mans poison etc, as a visit to "The last song you listened to" thread, on this forum, truly demonstrates.

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I'll be watching Eurovision - can't miss my yearly camp and cheesy fest! Although I do miss Terry Wogan's dry witty comments!

Hi MKsa and BB,

I've got to have the song contest on at work because we're taking bets on it and we have to keep an eye on the odds, which fluctuate all the time. That's my excuse anyway!

Enjoy.......or not, as the case maybe.

Tom

Well it started off like this here.....

post-10773-0-70629900-1368918891_thumb.j

...but soon ended up like this...

post-10773-0-93560900-1368918931_thumb.j

...I'm not even sure who won rolleyes.gif

Posted

Well it started off like this here.....

attachicon.gifRupertGlasses.jpg

...but soon ended up like this...

attachicon.gifRupertSleeps.jpg

...I'm not even sure who won rolleyes.gif

denmark!!

Posted

denmark!!

Thanks good.gif

Morning all, and a lovely one it is here too .... off out for a nice long walk to work up an appetite for the roast piggy pork later, I'm starting to wish we were having a BBQ instead though angel.gif

Posted

Looks like the forecasts of just a couple of days ago were wrong about the rain and most people in the region will see a dry day. Unfortunately there's a threat of rain in The Channel that could be heading my way later:

gfs_prec_eur12.png

post-6667-0-46951300-1368953254_thumb.pn

Seems that it's not always best to be on the coast then.....

Edited by Coast

Posted

Good afternoon all on what is yet another 'rinse and repeat day here'.      Ie: Overcast, with the sun making one very brief and tantalising appearance before being overcome with modesty and racing for cover behind the ever present grey blanket of cloud. Pah.

Fingers crossed for your party Surrey, and anyone else planning outdoor activities this afternoon. Apart from the far South most of us should at least avoid the rain in our region. It still feels more like autumn than late spring though, and the fast approaching summer needs to make some serious ammends in my book.

Talking of books, the hot favourite won last night I see Tom. I didn't watch it in the end but Mk's photo's of her dog confirm I didn't miss much !!

BB dirol.gif

Posted

Afternoon All,

Not too bad a day here, it is at least dry anyway!  It feels pleasantly warm when the sun pops out from the clouds to say hello hi.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Dry, sunny and at least 17C...So, a bloody marvelous day!good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Is it me or does the weather seem to be running a month or so behind?

Crazy weather and showers into May, snow into April.....

If I don't get a hot, but slightly delayed summer, the toys will be coming out of the pram.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

How can the bbc tv forecasts get it so wrong over this weekend into monday?

First they said cloudy saturday and it was sunny and warm, for today cloudy with possible light rain, it was sunny and warm

Yesterday they forecasted Monday to be wet from the north and feeling cool in the northerly winds, now it's going to be sunny later with up to 20c temps?

For anyone saying they did forecast this weather for today, i'm talking about the forecast from Friday!

Edited by Victor Meldrew

Posted

A grey and cool morning replaced by a sunny and warm afternoon, max temperature here in Reigate was 20c, currently 17.6c.  A taste of Summer at last, but only a taste!

AS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

How can the bbc tv forecasts get it so wrong over this weekend into monday?

First they said cloudy saturday and it was sunny and warm, for today cloudy with possible light rain, it was sunny and warm

Yesterday they forecasted Monday to be wet from the north and feeling cool in the northerly winds, now it's going to be sunny later with up to 20c temps?

For anyone saying they did forecast this weather for today, i'm talking about the forecast from Friday!

Couldn't agree more, weren't the models also predicting a wet weekend down in this part of the world a couple if days ago.

Just shows to take things with a pinch of salt at short notice.

Stunning weather today, ideal for a Christening for my godson in Walton on Thames, glorious sunshine and lovely temps too. Sat in the garden all afternoon with loads of children rampaging about, great fun!

Posted

A day of two halves for us. Morning spent walking the dog on Knoll Beach, Studland was under grey skies and a quite unrelenting drizzle. The trip up the A3 to Guildford for my niece's 8th birthday brought us into 19 degrees and warm sunshine in the garden. Yesterday we enjoyed a cliff top walk around Swanage in perfect weather - sunshine broken up by some good spells of cloud to cool off from the heat at times.

Here are some pics of the views, mostly around Durlston and out towards Old Harry Rocks, and then Knoll Beach this morning.

post-8993-0-40990800-1368991815_thumb.jppost-8993-0-58160900-1368991841_thumb.jp

post-8993-0-58595000-1368991874_thumb.jppost-8993-0-30409600-1368991970_thumb.jp

Edited by Reefseeker

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

A great, sunny afternoon. cool.png  Nothing like the BBC forecast, for here, issued this morning. The weekend ended up being very reasonable. :)

However, if you read the postings of a couple of model thread trolls, who've become prominent in 2013, you'd think we were about to enter the depths of Winter!doh.gif

Posted

A day of two halves for us. Morning spent walking the dog on Knoll Beach, Studland was under grey skies and a quite unrelenting drizzle. The trip up the A3 to Guildford for my niece's 8th birthday brought us into 19 degrees and warm sunshine in the garden. Yesterday we enjoyed a cliff top walk around Swanage in perfect weather - sunshine broken up by some good spells of cloud to cool off from the heat at times.

Here are some pics of the views, mostly around Durlston and out towards Old Harry Rocks, and then Knoll Beach this morning.

attachicon.gif2013-05-18 17.17.43.jpgattachicon.gif2013-05-18 17.05.19.jpg

attachicon.gif2013-05-18 16.32.21.jpgattachicon.gif2013-05-19 11.24.18.jpg

Thanks for posting these Reef, lovely shots.

The breeze has nearly gone and the swifts are slingshotting across the sky, no doubt picking off the insects that have been teased into life by the warm sun this afternoon, only to meet a sudden avian death as the sun sinks away.  If I put my hand on the bricks of the house they still hold warmth from this afternoon, breathing it out, giving back, another reason, if one were needed, for staying outside.  Nearby church bells ringing, and feisty blackbirds issuing their challenge as a half moon slips its veil and grey cloud smudges turn pink at the edges, not unlike the writer......

AS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Evening all. Back in Ippy and its been lovely and warm today. Woke up with a splitting head this morning (not a hangover) Probably after effects of European squawk contest. :D Any way, its very quiet and still outside now and grey looking.

I see thunder predicted for the north.......again. Never mind, we may get some soon.

Hope you all had a good week-end. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Well turned out nice in the end.

Wasn't expecting it to be this warm.

Not complaining in the least though.

Looking good for Thursday my daughters 16 th birthday.

Wonder if I should change buffet to hot dogs and burgers.

Be alot easier for me!

I will have to keep checking I guess .

Edit just checked again ,looks like sausage rolls for now :(

Edited by Floatylight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Well Gob smacked, Cracking day today, Quite warm when the sun came out and not great deals of cloud either. Hope everyone had a nice weekend, Lets see what the bank holiday brings. A little confused by some forecasts as the televised one was cool and cloudy all week with some rain,Yet some are also stating mid week warm up going into the bank holiday. sorry.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Been a fantastic day here, and not working today either so was able to get out and enjoy it too good.gif

Took a walk this afternoon to a local art exhibition (did pop there yesterday but they were about to close for the day), and had a good chat about all things art related.

Posted

Turned out to be a really nice day here and perfect for gardening (after a visit to the garden centre to get some plants) 

post-10773-0-31437200-1369002061_thumb.j

Posted

http://www.weathercharts.org/ukmomslp.htm

hi all

will update fax charts again from tomorrow night

these look chilly with showers around

thursday looks a bit chilly too

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/ecmwf.php?ech=72&mode=0&map=0&type=0&archive=0

ecm not looking too great

however the charts have been pretty poor recently so lets what they show mid week

Posted

Just an awful Monday morning here, really dark, wet and terribly depressing again. A woeful weekend didn't help and although we escaped the worst of the rain, the lack of sun and stuff is doing my head in sad.png . Is there no end to this?