Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 7th May 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted

The weather out there is just the way I feel at the moment, came home early and had to put the heating on. 

Please Mr Sun come out and see us help.gif

I couldn't agree more Chris. Iv'e had the heating on for most of this afternoon and had to switch the lights on since about 4pm, its that dark. In May for crying out loud. sorry.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Chilly

But trying to stay positive that a heatwave is on the horizon lol

Posted

Coast how are we looking for storms in the south east later on next week

Edited by Tom Jarvis

Posted

Chilly

But trying to stay positive that a heatwave is on the horizon lol

If netweather's 10 day forecast is right for me  then next Thurs,Fri,Saturday at 25c feel like will do just finegood.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Evening all, Hope everyone OK. Don;t you just hate it when the telly weather forecasters begin with a smile before there forecast and then dish the dire rubbish we are all going to be graced with, From that few seconds of that smile i get my hopes up they are going to forecast (Happy sunny warm weather),

But NO...OK just give to me,Hold on. I can can do the forecast for you...Grey wet and BORING. Rollocks to it, My campaign this year is for the UK, TO get a Summer, Here we go (Can of worms opened). I have trawled the net for UK Summer forecast's 2013, Most are a little above average temps rainfall not as bad as last year. Hmmmm still going to be wet then, As 2012 was a wash out apparently (Wettest Drought in History). I know my avatar pic shows me as a cold lover and I am, But since 2007 our Summers have been Excrement. To add insult to injury, The next 2 weeks are set to improve highly, With summer making a good appearance , However after that period it's all down the pan..... Also what makes me laugh is that Summer is always in FI SAY T240, Yet Rain and gloom is FI at T300, (Guess which verifies). Im so bored with this bloody cycle now.Anyone got a pleasing current UK Summer 2013 Forecast.

Apologise's if I'm banging on

Take Care.

Edited by Jason T

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

.....trying to stay positive that a heatwave is on the horizon lol

Same here Sam...

post-10773-0-98094400-1368858555_thumb.j

...then it's all round to your's and Mr Floaty's for a BBQ drinks.gif

Morning all,

Dry here at the moment so out for an early walk before work !

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted

Morning all, a much better day already than yesterday.  Sunshine (yes, you heard correctly) and mostly blue skies.  +10.9c, light breeze.

Were it not for the fact that we all know it is November, it could almost be a mid-May morning......

Have a good weekend all

AS

Posted

Coast how are we looking for storms in the south east later on next week

Morning Tom,

Just a brief look and we have: 

MU_London_avn.png

The nearest is Monday but that doesn't currently give anyone anything and then nothing in the next week so as it stands this morning.

Were it not for the fact that we all know it is November, it could almost be a mid-May morning......

Dry but dull here, that about sums me up too....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

I would rather dry and dull than wet and dull *she says glass half full* smile.png At least being dry means that outdoor tasks can be taken and enjoyed, like more in the garden todaysmile.png

Todays rain is well to the north of us, and with a bit of luck tomorrow, most of the rain will stay in the channel and the other side of passport control. Latest NAE accumulated rain estimates up to early evening tomorrow supports this, with only a little rain grazing the channel coast areas, more especially further to the west perhaps in our particular region. This is reflected in the regional METO update as wellsmile.png Edit: The sun is breaking through here quite wellclap.gif

13051918_1806.gif

Edited by Tamara Road

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Dry and dull here too...It does feel a tad warmer, though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!!!! Or very hot and sunny!!! Nothing in the middle

Hi it's my wedding on may 25th can u plz tell me the weather is going to be lovely and sunny for our photos. If its not going to be nice still need to no but won't be happy

Little bros 6th Birthday Party tomorrow and we have got him a bouncy castle in for him and his mates.. (I will also take part in the bouncy castle, your never to old biggrin.png )

While it looks "dry" I still think there is a chance of a rouge shower showing it's face..

13051912_1806.gif

Low pressure in charge...

NAE take on things..

13051912_1806.gif13051918_1806.gif

Whats to keep things south... So say right on the coast maybe a little inland.. Not all bad.. but won't be sunny..

GFS

13051906_1806.gif

Early morning rain maybe just touching Surrey..

13051912_1806.gif

Before receding south..

So... We will see tomorrow... But I think  cloudy and dull.. Maybe a spot of drizzle..And a few showers..

Edited by Surrey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Dull, in fact, very dull, but dry, tad warmer than of late, but not by much and there is a breeze.

Hoping it will stay dry as I have pegged all the washing out now.

Posted

Morning all,

Cloudy here, but a bright cloudy if you know what I mean...  hurts the eyes to look at it!

One of my friends posted this on facebook.  Not sure if any of you have already seen it before, but it did make me chuckle!

601943_584143701604602_281109557_n.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Afternoon all, hi.gif

From a slightly muggy Croydon, mind you it always feels more humid than surrounding areas, due to the UHI effect.

Doesn't help of course that I'm sitting in an office with extra quota of staff (being a Saturday) and all the electrical equipment that's on! doh.gif

Hope you all have a great afternoon and don't forget the Eurovision Song Contest tonight. laugh.png

I heard the groans from here! wink.png

Regards,

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Im back in watford for the summer now, Shame the weather hasn't been nice whilst seeing the family!

Eurovision is a one of our family traditions lol

Posted

So I was in Norway this January. In Trondheim, Oslo and Roros. Trondheim was about -7c by day, Roros -30c but today they were 27c and 22c restively yet here we still get shoddy weather!

It's so frustrating how the cooler cloudy weather is so horribly persistent.

For their region they are going very well particularly for the length of time too!

Agh

Feel free to move to SE discussion which was where I thought I had posted, apologies!

Edited by rmc1987

Posted

Morning all,

Cloudy here, but a bright cloudy if you know what I mean...  hurts the eyes to look at it!

One of my friends posted this on facebook.  Not sure if any of you have already seen it before, but it did make me chuckle!

601943_584143701604602_281109557_n.jpg

I've seen them before but always make me chuckle.....in fact you can order a personalised one from here...

http://www.theweatherstone.co.uk/

Posted

Afternoon all, hi.gif

Hope you all have a great afternoon and don't forget the Eurovision Song Contest tonight. laugh.png

I heard the groans from here! wink.png

I was hoping that by drinking a bottle of wine I could get though the evening drinks.gif

post-10773-0-21889000-1368918492_thumb.j

At least the rain has held off here which is good, I've managed two dry dog walks (that's three different dogs and two walks) which I wasn't expecting to achieve today ..in fact I might just put my feet up and open that wine now angel.gif

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted

Afternoon all, excuse me as I mop my brow, the temperature has soared to 14.6c here and for an hour or so the grey muck cleared to give a brief sighting of what I believe we refer to as the sun.

On the subject of Eurovision, I must admit I used to watch it for a laugh, but its become a complete parody of itself and is camper than a camp fire in a Carry on Camping film. I'll probably watch it again tonight though. Bored ? You bet.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend folks.

hi.gif

Posted

I'll be watching Eurovision - can't miss my yearly camp and cheesy fest! Although I do miss Terry Wogan's dry witty comments!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

I was hoping that by drinking a bottle of wine I could get though the evening drinks.gif

At least the rain has held off here which is good, I've managed two dry dog walks (that's three different dogs and two walks) which I wasn't expecting to achieve today ..in fact I might just put my feet up and open that wine now angel.gif

Hi MKsa and BB,

I've got to have the song contest on at work because we're taking bets on it and we have to keep an eye on the odds, which fluctuate all the time. That's my excuse anyway!

Cant even cheer Italy on, as a client has had £100 each way at 25/1. Dont know what he's heard but it cant have been the song! laugh.png

No, joking aside, Italy has been tipped in todays Racing paper, the guy performing the song won Italys' version of X Factor, its not a bad song but like the UK, Italy dont get many votes from the rest of Europe, as they suffer from all the political/block voting, thats turned the contest into a farce now.

FWIW, Denmark are hot, odds on favourites, currently trading around 4/6 - 8/13. If you fancy a flutter on the UK, Bonnie Tylers' entry is around 66/1 - 80/1.

Enjoy.......or not, as the case maybe.

Tom

Edited by TomBR7