Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Upcoming Convective / Storm Risk Discussion - w/c 12th May

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Saw one CG from the cell that passed closed to Oswestry along with hail and heavy rain. All seems to have died here now with the best energy across the east, although I expect that should transfer west this evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Cells over France dying over that god forsaken English Channel once again. Can someone form a contract with me to fill that water in please!!! 

P.S not only can I see it on the radar, I can see the French cb tops fizzling out as soon as they try to move over! Its painful.

Edited by East_England_Stormchaser91

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

A brief shower 30 mins ago, no thunder heard, but the sky to the south of MK is turning blacker all the while, looks very stormy and oddly the clouds are pushing against a wind from the opposite direction. Possibly a convergence zone forming.

Edit: very large sporadic drops of rain now falling in the center of MK, sky is very dark.

Edited by SnowJoke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Had a clap of thunder here short while ago and some torrential rain. All heading NW into Wales. Pretty much on the edge of the breeding ground but as they are slow moving they are building quite nicely right above our heads.

Posted

Cell to the north of Oswestry is rumbling again, but moving away from me now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

Just had a sharp shower East of here with a deep rumble of thunder.Threatening clouds all around now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

I wonder why this area isnt seeing any action? It did look good for these areas this morning but I dont think they will see anything this evening Posted Image

post-17320-0-19304500-1368724579_thumb.p

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted

because we are special Posted Image, on a serious note, it hasn't been too bad today, was expecting a storm but somehow miss mother nature hasn't played ball :(

Edited by viking_smb

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Numerous CGs to the south west of me in the last 20 minutes about 3 miles away. Stopped now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Nowt here again. Seem to be in a dry gap between stuff over Wales and stuff further east

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

I wonder why this area isnt seeing any action? It did look good for these areas this morning but I dont think they will see anything this evening :(

Don't understand why we haven't seen anything?

Posted

I wonder if the storms in the east will move west or have all the charts placed everything 150 miles too far west. Looks like east is best currently.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Looking very stormy here  lots of convection building with bright sunshine and dark clouds.Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

I think everyone needs to calm down... One of the best thunderstorms I remember here arrived in the middle of May from absolutely nowhere at 3am! Just because you haven't seen anything yet doesn't mean it's over :)

Edited by Convective

Posted

Yes, it's called patience.  Always a hit and miss affair too.I'm the most impatient person in the world but I'm patient when it comes to storms as I know they can take hours to set off and that's from past experiences from years ago when I got one  Lol Posted Image

Posted

Looking very stormy here  lots of convection building with bright sunshine and dark clouds.Posted Image

Here's to getting out the club early for once. Promising start to the season for yours truly with a few decent CG's sighted....here's hoping for a good year....where we nick all of Lincolnshire's stormsPosted Image

Edited by Carl46Wrexham

Posted

I think everyone needs to calm down... One of the best thunderstorms I remember here arrived in the middle of May from absolutely nowhere at 3am! Just because you haven't seen anything yet doesn't mean it's over Posted Image

Ok youve given me a bit more hope and patience!  But im not complaining, already had 2 good thunderstorms this year and I still have summer to go!

Posted

I agree Carl .Posted Image

Now,there's something on the way here coming from the west and South west according to radar! and oh my, the sky is looking even more threatening Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Here's to getting out the club early for once. Promising start to the season for yours truly with a few decent CG's sighted....here's hoping for a good year....where we nick all of Lincolnshire's stormsPosted Image

You deserve it after recent times mate. The wait goes on here. Been 2 years this month since we saw a decent overhead storm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Noticeable storm heading towards Nottingham/Derby way, some white thrown into it and spouting out a fair few strikes too

Posted

You deserve it after recent times mate. The wait goes on here. Been 2 years this month since we saw a decent overhead storm.

Think we all do bud....Could this be the year?

Posted

I wonder why this area isnt seeing any action? It did look good for these areas this morning but I dont think they will see anything this evening Posted Image

South Wales seems to be getting a little more action now!

Posted

Generally things are fizzling out now. I have at least seen a couple of strikes and heard some rumbles which is my first since August last year. Not sure if the CG was on camera though.

Almost ready to call it a day.

Posted

South Wales seems to be getting a little more action now!

Yes it is indeed, im looking out for the cell to the SE of me just over the B.Channel. This picture is looking SE from my location.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKaAHJHCMAA4G9S.jpg

Edited by Panayiotis