Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 21st May 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted

Sunny here in Reigate as well, 13c, breezy. I am working on the assumption that our collective power of positive thinking today has led to the sun putting in a belated and shamefaced appearance this evening.  So, in the legendary and deeply moving words of Young Mr Grace, 'You've all done very well'!

(For younger readers this is a reference to a cutting edge, gritty social drama that ran in the 70s)

AS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Awful two days weather coming up and especially not liking the thunder risk eitherPosted Image . A reprieve over the weekend and then next week looks awful as well with more heavy thundery downpoursPosted Image Time for a glass or two of wine I think and plan some shopping therapy for tomorrow afternoon as a distraction from the weatherPosted Image

Posted

Hi Tom,

You definitely win the prize for the worst possible luck when moving to a new house!

Think I should come round with my strimmer and just get that grass cut for you Posted Image  you're only 2.6 miles away lol

Posted

So what about the snow mixed in to the heavy showers over the Chilterns that they mentioned this AM - is it still on for tonight/tomorrow?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

been a fantastic day again here.  (shame I was either in the office or A&E and could not enjoy it)

Posted

its  pouring  down outside  here  in ipswich at  the  moment!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Cold but dry today here.

A few spells of sunshine around 4 pm.

Defiantly buffet not BBQ tomorrow:(

I remember a few of daughters birthdays in the pool with a BBQ.

Sadly not this year.

Also clothes shopping on bh mon.

But going to lakeside which is all under cover so it doesn't matter if it's rubbish weather.

Just hope I can get my pins out before my holiday in July or i am going to look milky next to the Americans.

Guest bjaykent

Awful two days weather coming up and especially not liking the thunder risk eitherPosted Image . A reprieve over the weekend and then next week looks awful as well with more heavy thundery downpoursPosted Image Time for a glass or two of wine I think and plan some shopping therapy for tomorrow afternoon as a distraction from the weatherPosted Image

Hi Tamara, the way this summer is shaping up, shopping therapy could prove expensive!

Looking at the forecast I think I might rename myself Yogi and go into hibernation until 2014, if there's a Boo-Boo out there, you are welcome to join me but shut the cave door on your way in!

Sun finally came out just after six again this evening, almost a carbon copy of yesterday, as for the rest of the week - water butt filling weather, I fear.

Posted
Posted Image Posted Image 

Cold but dry today here.

A few spells of sunshine around 4 pm.

Defiantly buffet not BBQ tomorrow:(

I remember a few of daughters birthdays in the pool with a BBQ.

Sadly not this year.

Also clothes shopping on bh mon.

But going to lakeside which is all under cover so it doesn't matter if it's rubbish weather.

Just hope I can get my pins out before my holiday in July or i am going to look milky next to the Americans.

I'm quite happy to have milky legs and stay pale and very (un)interesting. As long as I can get back the exercise regime I had been keeping to till a few months ago to keep concessions to advancing years as far away as possible. Its tough being 92 Posted Image Posted Image

Maybe I should stop being lazy and driving everywhere?Posted Image Ironically since the amazing snow in March which made me want to wallow in whitenessPosted Image  get out and play for hoursPosted Image I admit that I have gone to seed with my usual exercise and outdoors regime. Strange how you can feel colder at this time of year than winter itselfPosted Image . I've done my gardening work in recent weeks, because I enjoy it so much anyway whatever the weather - but I admit I find myself waiting till mid afternoon to feel warm enough sometimes to get out therePosted Image

The house maybe feels colder than the garden sometimes?Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Hi Tom,

You definitely win the prize for the worst possible luck when moving to a new house!

Think I should come round with my strimmer and just get that grass cut for you Posted Image  you're only 2.6 miles away lol

Hi Jan,

It has been really frustrating but we've still been able to laugh about it and lets be honest, there's far worse things happening around the planet at the moment. Crazy though to think that the builders are going to have to rip up the Wet Room and have a 3rd attempt at getting enough gradient on the floor. Have told the builders to forget about the gradient on the floor and to tilt the rest of the house, might be easier for them! 

You with your strimmer might be quicker I think, actually have 2 strimmers and a lawn mower, so no excuse there, its just been getting the time to do it. Just pray that we get some nice weather next Wednesday, my next chance to do the garden!

Here's one models view of next Weds, thanks a bunch ECM!

Posted Image

Regards,

Tom.

Edited by TomBR7

Posted

Hi Tamara, the way this summer is shaping up, shopping therapy could prove expensive!

Looking at the forecast I think I might rename myself Yogi and go into hibernation until 2014, if there's a Boo-Boo out there, you are welcome to join me but shut the cave door on your way in!

Sun finally came out just after six again this evening, almost a carbon copy of yesterday, as for the rest of the week - water butt filling weather, I fear.

Hiya - I've always got time for shopping.  But it might well have to be the window variety if the cool unsettled weather keeps up, as the purse strings are already very fragile anywayPosted Image

Thanks for the invite - maybe have to visit some fabric and furnishing places as part of the shopping fix! At least ones suitable for caves (which might prove problematic)Posted Image The venue could also go on the alternative summer regional thread itinerary for indoor events if the weather doesn't change!Posted Image

Guest bjaykent

Hi Jan,

It has been really frustrating but we've still been able to laugh about it and lets be honest, there's far worse things happening around the planet at the moment. Crazy though to think that the builders are going to have to rip up the Wet Room and have a 3rd attempt at getting enough gradient on the floor. Have told the builders to forget about the gradient on the floor and to tilt the rest of the house, might be easier for them! 

You with your strimmer might be quicker I think, actually have 2 strimmers and a lawn mower, so no excuse there, its just been getting the time to do it. Just pray that we get some nice weather next Wednesday, my next chance to do the garden!

Here's one models view of next Weds, thanks a bunch ECM!

Posted Image

Regards,

Tom.

Hi Tom, concrete over the grass and have the wet room outside, the weather looks favourable but maybe a bit chilly Posted Image

Posted

hi all

sorry lack of updates

hopefully do a full one tomorrow

just one post

monday

Posted Image

Posted Image

if that stays the same

we would have a better chance of some sun and be a little warmer and dry

fingers crossed

Guest bjaykent

Morning all, the first shower of the day is just skirting to the east of here and its only 6.20am, could be an interesting day!

post-16390-0-14903800-1369286388_thumb.j

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all. Posted Image

A slight chance of thundery showers this afternoon and again tomorrow afternoon?

post-11059-0-21232900-1369288824_thumb.p

post-11059-0-22109200-1369288934_thumb.p

Edited by Steve C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

Is it me or is it really cold this morning * snuggles back under the duvet*  Posted Image

Posted

Morning all,

Is it me or is it really cold this morning * snuggles back under the duvet*  Posted Image

I put the heating on! Blah... I just need some warmth. Have a great day all.

Posted

For a brief moment this morning I thought things were finally going to start getting better as we head towards the BH weekend

Posted Image

But then like so many things in life, something had to come along and spoil it all

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Morning all,

Very much MK, Its not very summery at all. 

Feels Like: 1°  Wind Chill: 1° Heat Index: 6°   Visibility: 6mi Dew Point: 2°   Wind: 16mph Humidity: 76%   Direction: 310° (N
Edited by Jason T

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

*pokes head out from under duvet*  the sun has come out....better get up then I suppose Posted Image

....today I will be mainly in MK General Hospital anyway and I doubt some of the rooms will even have windows Posted Image

Posted

Posted Image

Temps hovering around 8°C but the dewpoint is a low 2.3°C. I'll go and check the convective stuff and maybe post some charts and thoughts in the appropriate thread.

Posted

OK, convective thoughts and charts for today and maybe Kent and East Sussex in for a small chance that I might miss as I'm having a stupid scan later :doh:

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/76597-upcoming-convective-storm-risk-discussion-wc-12th-may/page-19#entry2700697

Posted

Definitely a chilly start here. I thought I'd put the air conditioning on in the car by mistake!

Posted

Best temps today look like 10°C inland in our region, maybe up to 12°C on the South coast:

Posted Image

Tomorrow, you might as well get the whole Winter wardrobe back out again :doh:

Posted Image

Posted

I suppose it's better for most of us that the worst of the weather is forecast for tomorrow though, rather than the weekend. Posted Image