ecm sunday

Posted Image

Posted Image

monday

Posted Image

Posted Image

hot Posted Image

Posted

Beautiful morning, mostly blue sky's, a few high level clouds no wind, looks like it going to be a perfect wine / beer and BBQ day. Enjoy everyone.

Edited by Charltonkerry

Posted

General question about the net weather 1 to 14 day weather forecasts, just been through these for the next 14 days for 2 locations in the SE and the temperature never rises above 26c, (lovely temperature not to hot, very pleasant if out in it, and we should be able to sleep) but I thought the temperature was meant to be rising to 30c or even higher, the hottest day appear to be Tomorrow then a very gradual cool down.

Question is how accurate are these temperatures and is the 30c+ being talked about on the news and in the weather forecasts for town centres especially London? I realise that the nearer to day 1 the more accurate the forecast is.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

I have always found the temps in the summer always a couple of degrees higher than stated, and in the winter a couple of degrees lower :)

Posted

I have always found the temps in the summer always a couple of degrees higher than stated, and in the winter a couple of degrees lower :)

To be honest that what' I always found, which if its the case couldn't these the temperature be adjusted to reflect this? Just a thoughtFloatylight I believe you are off on cruise shortly, going anywhere nice. We really enjoy cruising must have done 12 or 13 of them now, and we even managed to fit another Mediterranean cruise on in in late September early October, her indoors made up a good up a excuse to convince me (although I never need an excuse) she used the old well we been married 35 years I suppose we should do something special, so we are 17 nights of 6 star all inclusive luxury with the old butler serving breakfast on the balcony, can't wait. Edited by Charltonkerry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Lovely and warm here already in Ippy and app says its 61f. Sky is blue and not a cloud to be seen.

Hope you all have a smashing week-end whatever you have planned. Enjoy the sunshine. We are going to buy a paddling pool later and I can't wait. It's for the little un......honest. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yes that's amazing and a horse called Snow Squall just won the 8.15 at Haydock Park, just to keep it weather related, before I get into big trouble with our hostess, unless she's having lakeside drinks, yet again! What a life that girl leads!

Only joking Ali.

Tom.

If only you knew Posted Image

Whoops, evening Ali, how's your puddle, has it evaporated yet? No lakeside drinks tonight?

Btw, how's my fetish-ridden goat?

Regards,

Tom.

I wasn't lakeside last night but I did have a good one Posted Image

Eric is doing just fine, he's just about munched his way through the long grass on the green and several pairs of my old pants..

post-10773-0-09769700-1373092244_thumb.j

Posted Image

Despite a very late night I'm up nice and early to get a good long walkies in before it gets too hot for the dogs - catch you all later.....have a good one and enjoy the sunshine Posted Image

post-10773-0-29095400-1373092389_thumb.j

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted

To be honest that what' I always found, which if its the case couldn't these the temperature be adjusted to reflect this? Just a thoughtFloatylight I believe you are off on cruise shortly, going anywhere nice. We really enjoy cruising must have done 12 or 13 of them now, and we even managed to fit another Mediterranean cruise on in in late September early October, her indoors made up a good up a excuse to convince me (although I never need an excuse) she used the old well we been married 35 years I suppose we should do something special, so we are 17 nights of 6 star all inclusive luxury with the old butler serving breakfast on the balcony, can't wait.

Wow 17 nights!

Hope you have a great time.

We are off next sat on indy for 14nights italian med cruise.

Its our 2 nd cruise the first was Caribbean so no worries about the weather there.

This one i hoping the med will be nice and warm.

I think sail away from southampton should be nice next sat?

I dont suppose you go on cruise critic.com its quite good?

Edited by Floatylight

Posted

It feels like a proper heatwave day today. Warm sunshine early in the morning and temp going up fast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning all :)

blue skies, going to be a lovely day. The model output suggests the Azores high will be taking an extended vacation with us. Looks like at least 10 days of fine and very warm weather inland. ECM/GFS (and ens) this morning hints that the spell could go on much longer.

Posted

What a stunning morning. Took our 14 month old up to the allotment this morning for an hour and it was lovely and warm. Not a breath of wind and clear blue skies, perfect. Tomatoes are really loving this weather.

Posted

Morning all Posted Image

blue skies, going to be a lovely day. The model output suggests the Azores high will be taking an extended vacation with us. Looks like at least 10 days of fine and very warm weather inland. ECM/GFS (and ens) this morning hints that the spell could go on much longer.

Morning regionaires!

An absolute corker here in Sussex and as expect wonderfully warm and super sunny already:

Posted Image

Agree on the longevity of this current spell, I see GFS Free Atmosphere has it right out until the 14th when the chart starts to change subtly:

Posted Image

Don't worry about that for now, get your drinks cooling and your BBQ's warming and enjoy a proper English Summer - just mind that sun!

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Good morning all. Great start to the day here and it's just gonna get hotter and hotter. Off to my sons school bizarre later, so great to have nice weather. Have a great one all..... 🌞

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Morning chaps, not a cloud in the sky and already 17c here! 

ECM showing high pressure unmoved over us for 10 days and gets to 1036mb !!! Doesn't get better than that!

Anyway, going to have a nice day out in London and then a lovely barbecue this evening :D.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Quote: "Eric is doing just fine, he's just about munched his way through the long grass on the green and several pairs of my old pants.."

Posted Image

Morning Ali,

Glad to hear that you seem to be helping Eric find his red-blooded masculinity again, in that he's eating ladies underwear and not wearing them. Posted Image

Morning all,

Looking like a scorcher today, peering out of my bedroom window, off to work in a mo and bound to be a steamy one, in our Croydon office. Extra staff and more computers on, equals working conditions akin to a Mumbai Call Centre, actually I'm exagerrating again, it's not as bad as it used to be.

Takes me back to thinking of the heat we had in the summer of 1976 and remembering my wardrobe being full of cheesecloth shirts, very wise apparel in that weather. Why dont they bring them back?

I'll have to wait until Monday for my dose of sunshine and if the overnight ECM run is correct, this settled, very warm spell,looks like holding on well into the following week and no sign of one of those nasty little Spanish Plumes appearing.

Hope you all have a lovely summery day, whatever you're doing.

Will be having a look at the Ladies Final, in between working and Sabine Lisicki the favourite to become the first German Ladies winner since Steffi Graff.

Must say, the last few days have seen some exciting tennis, lets hope over the weekend we see two more great matches.

Regards,

Tom.

Edited by TomBR7

Posted

Just slapping on the the sun cream.

Everyones in bed still.........?

Whos gonna do my back i always get burnt back and shoulders because no one cares about mePosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Mixed feelings sums up this morning. Obviously its a glorious weekend and that should be enjoyedPosted Image

However, I was hoping to be involved in organising a stall for a local music festival this weekend, but the application was vetoed because of bureacratsPosted Image This is despite the considerable outside support I received for the application. At the time of applying the weather was very different to what we have and I remember thinking to myself, could I ever get lucky enough to have proper summer weather to go with the Caribbean carnival type catering I was planning? Posted Image . I didn't expect the application to hit the buffers, ironically I was more concerned about the weatherPosted Image  Getting weather like this seemed a bit like being a bit too hopeful,

So in that respect, the fact that the weather is stunning, really rubs it in. I'm sitting here thinking about what could have been.

I admit it is very disappointing, depressing and frustratingPosted Image

Posted

Everyones in bed still.........

Goodness no Floaty, too much to do, too many people to see and too much Summer to miss! Looks like another one having to sample Champoo all day, it's tough but I'm up for the challenge 

I admit it is very disappointing, depressing and frustratingPosted Image

A consolation drink Tamara? Posted Image

peering out of my bedroom window,

I really shouldn't speed read Tom....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Off to Ipswich for lunch, going to be a good day :)

Posted

23°C here already, shorts and shades the order of the day today

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning Ali,

Glad to hear that you seem to be helping Eric find his red-blooded masculinity again, in that he's eating ladies underwear and not wearing them. Posted Image

Morning Tom,

Eric's quite a ladies man the horny old goat, in fact he's becoming quite jealous of male visitors, I do fear for their safety !

post-10773-0-30958000-1373100078_thumb.j

Everyones in bed still.........?

Whos gonna do my back i always get burnt back and shoulders because no one cares about mePosted Image

Not me, I've been awake for ages...just waiting for mini me to wake up and open her birthday cards and pressys - apart from the main one that was too big to wrap...

post-10773-0-68813300-1373100354_thumb.j

..I will be slapping on the sun cream later - I plan to be several shades darker by Monday after this afternoon and tomorrow in the sun Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Off to Ipswich for lunch, going to be a good day Posted Image

Very sunny in the Triangle!Posted Image