Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 2nd July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Hi Ali,

Yes, I think he needs watching. Re. his dietary needs, especially undergarments, he's rather partial to some La Senza with strawberries and cream,

Well it beats a bowl of Vienetta, anytime.......allegedly. Posted Image

Tom.

Posted

Wow 17 nights!Hope you have a great time.We are off next sat on indy for 14nights italian med cruise.Its our 2 nd cruise the first was Caribbean so no worries about the weather there.This one i hoping the med will be nice and warm.I think sail away from southampton should be nice next sat?I dont suppose you go on cruise critic.com its quite good?

Really looking forward to it thanks, going with Regent whose an American line, not to many from the UK on it, but boy do Regent know how to look after you, but only problem it does cost a lot, but when you think you get all you get on a normal cruise, plus all free drink, excursions (we are doing 15) and speciality restaurants for "free" it probably not to bad. Part of there service for me is that they specially import some cans (well you can't have everything) of British bitter when I cruise them, now that's what I call service.Sail away from the UK is one of my favourite parts of the cruise as is handing in my car keys for 14nights, sailing past the Isle of Wight with a glass or 2 of bubbly in my hand. If the weather stays as it is and it look like it will then it will be magical as will your passage through the dreaded bay of Biscay. The med will be red hot when you get down there, good luck with that. Have a great trip and enjoy the packing. Yes we are on cruise critic but to be fair I only go on the regent portion and that can get a bit argumentative at times, not like here :-)What a glorious day, salad bought for the week, steak for tonight wine chilling, rugby on soon, only want some cricket this afternoon to make my day, but unfortunately I have heard mutterings of those dreaded words "Bluewater", dosen't she know that the first football friendlies kick off today? Edited by Charltonkerry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Who is this Eric the goat I keep hearing about? :)

Edited by Keraunophile

Who is this Eric the goat I keep hearing about? Posted Image

He is the regional goat mascot who seems to appear in different forum members gardens to either eat their underwear or the grass, at this time of year due to lack of rain he appears shout's knickers and they are gonePosted Image

Of course in this weather when it's hot he can also pant a lot.

Ok I'll get me goatPosted Image

Edited by chris mantle

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Good morning all,

Feeling hot with broken cloud today. Ladies final day at Wimbledon Posted Image

Have a nice weekend all and stay cool

Thanks Jan - I'll tryPosted Image  Perfect weather for the tennis anyway, maybe a bit too hot on those courts

Posted

A lot of high cloud here in Surbiton but sun still managing to put in plenty of appearances between the shadier stuff. Feels hot.

Posted

Annoying cloud here in Surrey......V.Warm when the sun does come out though.

Forecast of unbroken sunshine is a bit wide of the mark(at least for here anyway).

Edited by Cableguy

Posted

Annoying cloud here in Surrey......V.Warm when the sun does come out though. Forecast of unbroken sunshine is a bit wide of the mark(at least for here anyway).

Yes, if anything the cloud is getting more rather than less here; hope it burns off later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Still wall-to-wall sunshine here, but so-far the sea breeze has failed to materialize...23C.

Posted

He is the regional goat mascot who seems to appear in different forum members gardens to either eat their underwear or the grass, at this time of year due to lack of rain he appears shout's knickers and they are gone:rofl:

Of course in this weather when it's hot he can also pant a lot.

Ok I'll get me goatPosted Image

I blame the former owner. for these fetishes', very disturbing!

Quote:" At the time of applying the weather was very different to what we have and I remember thinking to myself, could I ever get lucky enough to have proper summer weather to go with the Caribbean carnival type catering I was planning? wub.png

I admit it is very disappointing, depressing and frustratingsad.png"

Hi Tamarina,

Really sorry to hear that. We would've have lapped that up here in the office, you could have sent it over to Croydon.

Love all that Caribbean food, as I told you before my ex worked as a chef in hotels in St.Lucia and was a fantastic cook.

Jerk chicken, prawns, yam, plantain, sweet potato etc, etc, yummy.

All joking aside, hope another opportunity presents itself very soon to you, Tams.

Hope you all have a lovely day.

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

I seriously need to consider moving away from the south east.I hate very warm / hot weather especially when there are no storms thrown in.Somewhere wet and cold for me, thats what i need.

Well it's hardly been hot this year (or the last 6 years). A week of warmth out of 52 weeks, does that warrant moving?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

26.5 °C at 16:00hrs out here in the garden....rather lovely Posted Image

Posted

Good afternoon everyone. Wow what a day. Heathrow and St James Park London officially 27c at 3pm and a very reliable weather station just up the road from me in Watford has reported 28c, so a degree or so up on this time yesterday.

Have a great day whatever you are doing. Posted Image

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

I knew it, I just knew it!

Reading the models, cool sea breezes on the coast! It was nippy today in Herne Bay and in Deal with that cool wind coming in from the north sea, get out the wind and it's lovely. You could also make out sea mist, which could be a problem as we head into next week. So much for the Heatwave! Bring on the plumes Posted Image

Our weather really has changed these last years, from a lack of storms, lack of plumes and far more north easterlies.

Moan, humid weather please

Posted

I seriously need to consider moving away from the south east.I hate very warm / hot weather especially when there are no storms thrown in. Somewhere wet and cold for me, thats what i need.

Go live near the damn north sea then, plenty of cool/cold sunny days and days or weeks of pure cack coming in from the North Sea.

Posted

Just had a wander over to Tescos' in my tea break, Croydon's roasting in its urban heat island effect, this afternoon!

Tom.

P.S. Oh dear, I see I've jinxed another sportsperson, poor Sabine Lisicki but well done to Marion Bartoli, anyway.

Edited by TomBR7

Posted

I knew it, I just knew it!Reading the models, cool sea breezes on the coast! It was nippy today in Herne Bay and in Deal with that cool wind coming in from the north sea, get out the wind and it's lovely. You could also make out sea mist, which could be a problem as we head into next week. So much for the Heatwave! Bring on the plumes Posted ImageOur weather really has changed these last years, from a lack of storms, lack of plumes and far more north easterlies.Moan, humid weather please

Sea breezes in Deal? I walked along the seafront in Folkestone earlier and no sea breeze at all plus clear blue skies as far as the eye can see.

Up to 25.4c here today..not bad as the MO forecast 21c here :)

post-5283-0-52558400-1373127838_thumb.jp

Edited by lottiekent

Posted

Sea breezes in Deal? I walked along the seafront in Folkestone earlier and no sea breeze at all plus clear blue skies as far as the eye can see.

Up to 25.4c here today..not bad as the MO forecast 21c here Posted Image

Posted Imageimage.jpg

No sea breezes? give over