Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 2nd July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted

We should be fine by tomorrowPosted Image

Scenes like this quite possible for you lucky people down on the Sunny South Coast. Enjoy Posted Image

post-10628-0-95408000-1372972809_thumb.j

post-10628-0-05619800-1372972866_thumb.j

post-10628-0-96867500-1372972961_thumb.j

Posted

fax charts

Posted Image

tomorrow

a very weak east to north east flow

temps around 22-24

should see mainly sun today

dry

Posted Image

saturday

again a very weak east-north east flow

staying dry

temps from 20-26 ( subject to cloudcover)

Posted Image

sunday

dry

a more noticeable east flow

temps again 20-26  the further west you are the higher the temp

Posted Image

monday

a noticeable easterly flow

dry and cloudy

temps 20-27

the higher where you see the most sun

Posted Image

tuesday

same as monday

still these look nice enough Posted Image

ukmo fax for wed bottom right

Posted Image

looks similar to tuesday

although the very far south east looks cooler

fi and all that though

Posted

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

ecm ensembles look a tad warmer than last night for the 6th and 7th

precip on the up the 14th onwards

Posted

Oh well it look like the hot spell is upon us, more hot sleepless humid nights, horrible. But today is POETS day and I will be carrying on that tradition after going to Harlow today, can't imagine what the Dartford bridge will be like this afternoon, should be horrendous. Today is rather a grey start with mottly lighter streaker bits and dead calm.

Hope everyone has a great POETS day and I hope that I manage to do my 33 miles trip in less 21/2 hours in took last Friday.

Posted

Scenes like this quite possible for you lucky people down on the Sunny South Coast. Enjoy Posted Image

Morning!!!!!! Posted Image

Some lovely scenes there Martin and I think the Summer has really got going in Sussex this morning. A beautiful start to what I hope will be a memorable period of weather in our region.

Very foggy coming out of work yesterday afternoon and I wasn't sure if the warm and sunny spell had been delayed. But luckily things lifted soon after and it was very pleasant indeed.

So much to cram in this weekend, I hope the weather is the kind you are looking for Posted Image

Posted

The last remnants of cloud seem to be scuttling off East now as a lovely big high squashes down on us and bring the Summer:

Posted Image

Posted Image

The high builds slightly through the day and look at tomorrow!

Posted Image

stupid question!

A 2 inch clawed thing just flew passed my face in the garden!

do stag beetles fly i have never actually seen one?

A may bug? 

Posted Image

Posted

London & South East England

Days 1 to 5 Dry with sunny spells.

Today:

A few patches of mist or fog inland around dawn, quickly dispersing. The rest of the day will be dry with long sunny spells. Very warm inland, but cooler on the coast. Maximum Temperature 25 °C.

Tonight:

It will be dry with clear spells overnight, and this will allow some patches of mist or fog to develop. Minimum Temperature 11 °C.

Saturday:

Patchy mist or fog inland around dawn, quickly dispersing. The rest of the day dry with plenty of sunshine. Very warm inland, perhaps locally hot, but cooler on the coast. Maximum Temperature 28 °C.

Outlook for Sunday to Tuesday:

It will continue dry with plenty of sunshine. Very warm inland, perhaps locally hot, but cooler on some coasts.

Issued at: 0400 on Fri 5 Jul 2013

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/?tab=regionalForecast&locId=352409

London weather: Better later than never ... heatwave to hit the capital

London is set to bask in a heatwave after forecasters announced what people have longed to hear for months: “Sunshine and blue skies every day.â€

It may sound too good to be true, but weather experts are predicting this weekend will be the hottest of the year so far - and that the warm spell could stay for at least a fortnight. Temperatures were forecast to hit 22C (72F) today, rise to 26C tomorrow (79F) and climb even higher on Saturday and Sunday. And the Met Office said temperatures would stay in the “mid to high twenties†next week,

The forecast sets things up for the hottest July for seven years and is a far cry from last July, when many parts of the UK suffered twice the normal rainfall, flash flods and cool temperatures. Met Office forecaster Charles Powell said: “It’s certainly been a long time coming. “There’s going to be some pretty decent weather and there will be a good deal of sunshine and blue skies every day. “From tomorrow onwards there will be much more in the way of sunshine and much less in the way of cloud. “At the weekend, there will be a good deal of dry and bright weather and it will feel much more summery.â€

The month-long forecast is more uncertain but some forecasters say the heatwave could last until August. The last time London and the South East had such a prolonged sunny spell was in July 2006, the hottest month since records began in 1914, when the mercury hit 36.5C (97.7F) in Wisley, Surrey. The UK record is 38.5C (101.3F) in Faversham, Kent, on August 10, 2003. The forecast comes despite predictions of soggy British summers for the next decade.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/london-weather-better-later-than-never--heatwave-to-hit-the-capital-8687366.html

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

Glorious start to the day and the weekend here - it's going to be a good one all round I think, the sunshine will just be the icing on the cake Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Morning each. Beautiful start to the day. Already lovely and warm and sunny and my app says 64f. Just a few clouds and a bit hazy but it looks extremely promising. :)

Oh.....and no snow. :D I see the snow indicator has gone. It must've been a fault.

Have a fabulous POETS day everyone and enjoy the sunshine. :)

Posted

Morning!

Left Barnehurst this morning to clear blue skies, get to work and it's cloudy...  reckon the sun will soon melt it away though.

I've booked Monday as annual leave so I can enjoy the sunny (hot!) weather, as I think Sunday and Monday are looking to be the hottest before hopefully cooling down to more bearable temperatures to work in (fingers crossed!)

Roll on the weekend! Posted Image

Posted

Morning each. Beautiful start to the day. Already lovely and warm and sunny and my app says 64f. Just a few clouds and a bit hazy but it looks extremely promising. Posted Image

Morning!

Roll on the weekend! Posted Image

Good morning fair ladies!

Just taken a gander at the temperature charts for the next 7 days from GFS and the Netweather extra NMM and neither of them show above 25°C at any point currently, typically for Sunday:

post-6667-0-62008900-1373011431_thumb.pn

I'm suspicious of these as we have almost had that recently anyway so lets see if we do crack the magic 30°C in the next week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning all, sunny here.

Sunny everywhere in the South East, temperatures today reaching 26C inland, around 20C on the coast with a developing light sea breeze. Good times ahead until Wednesday where we might start to get some low cloud, but there is plenty of time for the models to tweak the high more favourably for us on the coast :)

Posted

Morning all, sunny here.

but there is plenty of time for the models to tweak the high more favourably for us on the coast Posted Image

Morning Capt. S

I'm not too fussed about he numbers, just he general warmth and sunshine on the skin should help the next week along nicely.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning... All. :)

In my experience, persistent North Sea generated low cloud, as far south on the east coast as I am, is pretty much a hen's teeth rare event this late in the summer. I can't speak for people further north though. Even the cloud we had early last month was a bit unusual; low sea surface temperatures probably being the major factor. I'd imagine the SST's have risen a couple of degrees since, meaning the event is less likely.

Posted

Morning... All. Posted Image

In my experience, persistent North Sea generated low cloud, as far south on the east coast as I am, is pretty much a hen's teeth rare event this late in the summer. I can't speak for people further north though. Even the cloud we had early last month was a bit unusual; low sea surface temperatures probably being the major factor. I'd imagine the SST's have risen a couple of degrees since, meaning the event is less likely.

Morning Steve,

Not sure about the SST's in your part of the World, but I shall go down a little bit later and check them out here.

Lots of live data here:

http://www.channelcoast.org/data_management/real_time_data/charts/

Posted

Lovely blue sky and sunshine drive from Surbiton to Uxbridge this morning.

The plane spotter's count on the Heathrow perimeter road was down to 0 today from an all-time high of 11 yesterday - either there are no aeroplanes of interest, or planespotters love a good heatwave and are firing up the barbies in the garden rather than sitting on fold-out seats with flasks and sandwiches alongside a runway fence.

Have a good day everyone:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Don't know how troublesome any low cloud might turn out to be, but I'm sure looking forward to feeling a sea breeze...Posted Image 

Posted

Have a good day everyone:)

Thank you RS, you too! 

Just been chatting with neighbour about the sunny spell and he is kicking himself that he traded in his convertible for a Euro-Box last month. He commented I always seem to have my top down - have all the neighbours been peeking? :shok: 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I'm looking forward to getting back to the relatively dry heat tbh. I'll be at Heathrow at 18:40 tomorrow and might just get to my local before closing time. Posted Image Posted Image

The temperature here is 31C, with humidity over 70% - okay if you have a breeze on you, but would be dreadful for anything else without air conditioning.

I had the first decent sunset yesterday, but have still heard no thunder, even if there have been some seriously heavy rainstorms today.

post-11059-0-85625400-1373017684_thumb.j

post-11059-0-04604200-1373017720_thumb.j

post-11059-0-93420100-1373017738_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Greetings from Zakynthos, Zante.

A sizzling 32C here at 1pm with a forecast high of 34C. Usually I come back to cool and wet but boy things have definitely changed back home!

Posted

I'm looking forward to getting back to the relatively dry heat tbh. I'll be at Heathrow at 18:40 tomorrow and might just get to my local before closing time. Posted Image

Greetings from Zakynthos, Zante.

One in one out! :lol:

Loving Zante but I'm more than happy with the England today - 100% wonderful out here in the sunshine! Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

The sky looks as if there might be a load of suspended Saharan dust about?

Posted

The sky looks as if there might be a load of suspended Saharan dust about?

Not here, here today's forecast got blue skies!!!!