Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 2nd July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Morning all. Two words to sum up the weather here 'Flaming Great' enjoy all....

Edited by LeighD

Posted

Morning all. To words to sum up the weather here 'Flaming Great' enjoy all....

Cheers Leigh, you too! 

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Cheers Leigh, you too! 

Posted Image

Good afternoon Coast, Thanks for your reply yesterday re Eastbourne/Bognor. As you know we are travelling down tomorrow for a weekend break. It is our wedding anniverary and we felt like getting away for a few days. It has been 43 years together and we have not argued for the last ten.(We have not spoken for the past 10 years!) Only joking!

When I looked at the National Weather Forecast at 06.20 this morning Carol K did not mention it but it looked like the chart was showing sea fog lapping into the coast down your way until mid afternoon tomorrow. Did I read the chart correctly or am I worrying needlessly?

Kind Regards

Dave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Really warm here in Croydon, looks set fair for the following week now, which my daughter will be delighted about as she's on annual leave now, until Friday next week.

I chose to have the following week off and some early, tentative signs of a Spanish Plume developing for Mon.15th July, far too early to be concerned about yet but at least if it does turn thundery, I wont have to travel to work in it! Lol

Hope you're all having a lovely POETS day, trying to work out what the acronym would be for me, as I seem to always be working Friday evenings and Saturdays are always a day of work in our industry, unless you're on holiday.

Pity Overtimes Essential, Think Survival. Very lame early attempt there, will have to try harder.

Anyway, I'll stop whinging and get back to work and think about the lovely Wonga, I'm earning.

Regards,

Tom.

Posted

Good afternoon Coast, Thanks for your reply yesterday re Eastbourne/Bognor. As you know we are travelling down tomorrow for a weekend break. It is our wedding anniverary and we felt like getting away for a few days. It has been 43 years together and we have not argued for the last ten.(We have not spoken for the past 10 years!) Only joking!

Hi Dave!

Well have a lovely time on our fantastic South coast and have a virtual drink on me Posted Image

Complete contrast at the moment between the weather over head of me, 3 miles inland and the mist and cloud along the sea front. It only goes 1/2 mile before it clears up again. These were taken in the last hour:

Misty seafront

Sunny just inland

If you know exactly where I am, I'll buy you a pint if you can be here in the next 40 mins

But wait until Thursday for a Ruby!! Posted Image

Hope you're all having a lovely POETS day, trying to work out what the acronym would be for me, as I seem to always be working Friday evenings and Saturdays are always a day of work in our industry, unless you're on holiday.

Have a good one Tom :good: 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

It's very hazy here.

Posted

It's very hazy here.

I might be hazy tomorrow morning, but I hope the sky is clear Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I might be hazy tomorrow morning, but I hope the sky is clear Posted Image

That reminds me to buy some brewskies.

Here's to summer Posted Image

Posted

Just been for a walk along the river thames here opposite the Houses of Parliament.  It certainly is one of those days where I wish I was on a river boat wizzing up the Thames enjoying the sights instead of having to come back and sit at my computer working Posted Image

Posted

Just been for a walk along the river thames here opposite the Houses of Parliament.  It certainly is one of those days where I wish I was on a river boat wizzing up the Thames enjoying the sights instead of having to come back and sit at my computer working Posted Image

With a glass of champoo in your hand don't forget Leeanne! 

Posted Image

Posted

You lot arn't thinking of me are you!!! Some of my lads are working with a temperature in the roof void approaching 40C, others are working at -25c funny both lots are moaning.

I wonder if you intelligent people can come up with a refrigeration / air conditioning engineer deffinition of POETS day, give you a clue P--- O-- (Extreme Temperature)S. Struggling can you help? :-)

Edited by Charltonkerry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

lovely lovely

enjoying the day!

yes coast i think it was a may bug thanks!

Maisey will be home soon,straight in the pool i reckonPosted Image

Posted

yes coast i think it was a may bug thanks!

When you catch up with Paul Sherman, ask him about may bugs on Beachy Head!! :lol: 

You lot arn't thinking of me are you!!! Some of my lads are working with a temperature in the roof void approaching 40C, others are working at -25c funny both lots are moaning.

I wonder if you intelligent people can come up with a refrigeration / air conditioning engineer deffinition of POETS day, give you a clue P--- O-- (Extreme Temperature)S. Struggling can you help? :-)

Posted Image  Sorry CK, are you on double time? 

Posted

With a glass of champoo in your hand don't forget Leeanne! 

Posted Image

That building in the background looks like County Hall - just across the road from me...  Wonder if I can pop up and grab a bottle? Posted Image

Posted

That building in the background looks like County Hall - just across the road from me...  Wonder if I can pop up and grab a bottle? Posted Image

It is, I've got one on ice waiting for you! 

Posted

Posted Image  Sorry CK, are you on double time? No as i own the company but my engineers

No as i own the company, but my engineers are and they cost me a fortune, already lost 2 today as they worked all night last night. POETS but my meaning (I hate summer)

Posted

No as i own the company, but my engineers are and they cost me a fortune, already lost 2 today as they worked all night last night. POETS but my meaning (I hate summer)

Posted Image Think of all that extra invoicing to collect! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Really warm here in Croydon, looks set fair for the following week now, which my daughter will be delighted about as she's on annual leave now, until Friday next week.

I chose to have the following week off and some early, tentative signs of a Spanish Plume developing for Mon.15th July, far too early to be concerned about yet but at least if it does turn thundery, I wont have to travel to work in it! Lol

Pity Overtimes Essential, Think Survival. Very lame early attempt there, will have to try harder.

Anyway, I'll stop whinging and get back to work and think about the lovely Wonga, I'm earning.

Regards,

Tom.

Tomas, you are an ambassador example for keeping the country running. If that is any consolation to the hand to mouth existence that many of us are faced with these daysPosted Image

Yours

Mary Shelley

Edited by Tamara Road

Posted

Posted Image Think of all that extra invoicing to collect! 

Wished it works like that, most of the large customers are fully comprehensive, ie they pay the same monthly rate, all we are really is an AA service, but without the salute (for you oldens out there:-))

Posted

I feel a POETS day coming on and sitting here in the garden working on the tablet without a very large G and T is becoming increasingly more difficult as the sun sweeps across. 

I just need it to get over the yardarm and I'm off and away!

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Lovely summers day, light winds, blue skies and 24C

Posted

I feel a POETS day coming on and sitting here in the garden working on the tablet without a very large G and T is becoming increasingly more difficult as the sun sweeps across. 

I just need it to get over the yardarm and I'm off and away!

Posted Image

Hubbie is promising to welcome me and the lad home with a G&T and CapriSun respectively (don't want to get those the wrong way around!) as a precursor to the barbie:) Just the Friday night M25 between me and the garden.

Posted

Hubbie is promising to welcome me and the lad home with a G&T and CapriSun respectively (don't want to get those the wrong way around!) as a precursor to the barbie:) Just the Friday night M25 between me and the garden.

Posted Image

Posted

Goooooood afternoon folks. Is everybody happy ??  It's a beautiful day here and the heat is on. Nearby Raf Northolt was officially the warmest place in the country at 3pm with the Met Office station there reporting 25.2c. An unofficial site near here has just reported 26c which sounds quite feasable and we may even exceed that by 5pm.  In the meantime that freebie weather station I got from a newspaper promo is trying to tell me it is 22.1c.Posted Image

The plane spotter's count on the Heathrow perimeter road was down to 0 today from an all-time high of 11 yesterday - either there are no aeroplanes of interest, or planespotters love a good heatwave and are firing up the barbies in the garden rather than sitting on fold-out seats with flasks and sandwiches alongside a runway fence.

Have a good day everyone:)

It was a special arrival they were there for yesterday Reef, British Airways first Airbus A380 flew in for the first time. It won't go into full service until the autumn so between now and then will be used for pilot training, and will at times be flying into/out of Manston. I think it went down there yesterday afternoon.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23177384

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

You lot arn't thinking of me are you!!! Some of my lads are working with a temperature in the roof void approaching 40C, others are working at -25c funny both lots are moaning. I wonder if you intelligent people can come up with a refrigeration / air conditioning engineer deffinition of POETS day, give you a clue P--- O-- (Extreme Temperature)S. Struggling can you help? :-)

It reminds me of what one of my sons used to say. At the time he was an electicians labourer and he was always complaining of the fact in the summer he would be dragging cables through loft. with all the fibre glass insulation sticking to him because of the heat, whilst in the winter with a biting north easterly wind he would be installing external lighting at some exposed pub car park. *ods law i guess.Kind regardsDave