Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 2nd July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted

Goooooood afternoon folks. Is everybody happy ??  It's a beautiful day here and the heat is on. N

Posted Image Yes thank you Martin, going to be gearing up for a big doo tomorrow with people coming from as far away as Perth Australia, so the sun will be a lovely and warm addition! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Goooooood afternoon folks. Is everybody happy ??

Good afternoon Bb and all,  extremely happy here - just one more client between me and my weekend off and lots to look forward to this weekend.. sunshine and Mini Me's birthday amongst other things Posted Image

Posted

Sunday looking good!

Posted Image

Posted

Right, off to enjoy all that warmth and sunshine with a sneaky snifter and who knows what else. Have a really good one folks and I'll catch up with you through the madness of this weekend somehow! :hi: 

Posted

It was a special arrival they were there for yesterday Reef, British Airways first Airbus A380 flew in for the first time. It won't go into full service until the autumn so between now and then will be used for pilot training, and will at times be flying into/out of Manston. I think it went down there yesterday afternoon.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23177384

Actually just a bit more info for anyone who might fancy flying on the new BA Airbus A380. It will be officially going into service on a couple of long haul routes ( Los Angeles is one of them, I forget the other ) in September or October this year. However some of the training and familiaristaion flights will be carried out on a few scheduled Heathrow to Paris and/or Frankfurt flights between now and then.

In fact tickets are now apparently being sold for Heathrow to Frankfurt flights being operated by the A380 though I don't know what dates and the only way you can see if any given flight is the A380 is by looking at the 'turnaround time between the inbound and outbound aircaft. If it's a standard plane the t/around is 1 hour, if it's the A380 the t/around is 1 hour 40 minutes. Apparently !!

I thought it worth mentioning because it would be an opportunity to fly on the worlds largest aircraft without breaking the bank.

For the sake of keeping on topic it's hovering between 26 & 27c in these here parts Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Tomas, you are an ambassador example for keeping the country running. If that is any consolation to the hand to mouth existence that many of us are faced with these daysPosted Image

Yours

Mary Shelley

Miss Shelley,

Such eloquence and very apt for POETS DAY, indeed, if a little OTT.

Ma tu mi prende in giro, cara Tamarina? Posted Image

Saluti,

Tomas.

P.S. very warm and steamy here in airless Croydon.

Posted

Goooooood afternoon folks. Is everybody happy ??  It's a beautiful day here and the heat is on. Nearby Raf Northolt was officially the warmest place in the country at 3pm with the Met Office station there reporting 25.2c. An unofficial site near here has just reported 26c which sounds quite feasable and we may even exceed that by 5pm.  In the meantime that freebie weather station I got from a newspaper promo is trying to tell me it is 22.1c.Posted Image

It was a special arrival they were there for yesterday Reef, British Airways first Airbus A380 flew in for the first time. It won't go into full service until the autumn so between now and then will be used for pilot training, and will at times be flying into/out of Manston. I think it went down there yesterday afternoon.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23177384

Thanks for that info; it's always interesting during the morning drive to see how many plane spotters have turned out, and I guessed it had to be a big event for there to be so many.

Yes Coast, I really do think I could do with the gin BEFORE hitting the M25, but of course if that were the case then I may end up literally hitting it, so it was just the caffeine getting me through. Car temp thing went from 26 degrees in Hillingdon to 27 on the A3 at Cobham and it really does feel hot out there. Barbie just firing up and trying to hold off just a bit longer before the G&T:)

Hope everyone has a weather-worthy evening:) Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

ROASTING here Posted Image

perhaps I should just change that to say "HOT", and get into less trouble.

Posted

Forgive me mods, know its not the sports thread but Wimbledon is in our region.

What a fantastic Mens Semi-Final between Djokovic and Del Potro, that was. Wont mention the result for those of you who might

want to watch the highlights later but you're in for a treat!

Andy Murray up next and he's 1/6 to beat Janowicz, surely he cant get beat can he?

But the way the results have gone this Wimbledon, you never know.

Hope you all enjoy the lovely warm evening in our region, whatever you're doing.

Tom.

Edited by TomBR7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

A pleasant summery breeze has just sprung up. This is more like it.

Might do a bit of wild swimming in the Stour this w/e. Anyone know of any good spots?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Just been for a walk along the river thames here opposite the Houses of Parliament.  It certainly is one of those days where I wish I was on a river boat wizzing up the Thames enjoying the sights instead of having to come back and sit at my computer working Posted Image

Wait for a Tube strike. I used to commute from Waterloo to the City and on the day of one of the strikes, thought what the hell and bought a ticket from South Bank Pier to Tower Bridge for £1.30p - it was magical!

Posted

A pleasant summery breeze has just sprung up. This is more like it. Might do a bit of wild swimming in the Stour this w/e. Anyone know of any good spots?

Not sure about swimming but would love to be "up your way" Iceni and be able to visit Newmarket and watch all those fantastic racehorses exercise on the Heath, in the mornings. That would be paradise for me.Newmarket July meeting Thurs, Fri, Sat next week and sure to be some fantastic races and with the weather set fair, lots of racegoers flocking to the town.Iceni, do you live close to any Horse-Racing Stables? Have been to a few Stables Open Days, in Newmarket, notably Luca Cumanis'.Regards,Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Ma tu mi prende in giro, cara Tamarina? Posted Image

Saluti,

Tomas.

Che groviglio tessiamo quando prima abbiamo practive di ingannarePosted ImagePosted Image

Attraversiamo!Posted ImagePosted Image

Evening everyone btw - tis a beaut for surePosted Image

Edited by Tamara Road

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Я дейÑтвительно хочу, чтобы вы, ребÑта, будет придерживатьÑÑ Ð°Ð½Ð³Ð»Ð¸Ð¹Ñкого ... Posted Image 

Posted

Che groviglio tessiamo quando prima abbiamo practive di ingannare:doh:Posted Image

Attraversiamo!Posted ImagePosted Image

Evening everyone btw - tis a beaut for surePosted Image

Genau Mary, ich könnte nicht gesetzt haben sie mich besser, meine Liebste.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen.

Heinz.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

天気ã¯ã“ã“ã§ç´ æ™´ã‚‰ã—ã„ã§ã™ 🌞

Posted

天気ã¯ã“ã“ã§ç´ æ™´ã‚‰ã—ã„ã§ã™

LeighD, those are very negative thoughts, cant we have a few ones!

Tom.

Я дейÑтвительно хочу, чтобы вы, ребÑта, будет придерживатьÑÑ Ð°Ð½Ð³Ð»Ð¸Ð¹Ñкого ... Posted Image 

I know but I will get rid of those eels in my Hovercraft.

Tom.

Posted

LeighD, those are very negative thoughts, cant we have a few ones!Tom.I know but I will get rid of those eels in my Hovercraft.Tom.

I thought it sounded very positive, unless Google translate is playing up.... 😜

Posted

beth bynnag im byd nawr Tom. Andy Murray wedi crafanc y set ôl. Cael ffrind da penwythnos ...

Posted

beth bynnag im byd nawr Tom. Andy Murray wedi crafanc y set ôl. Cael ffrind da penwythnos ...

Yes that's amazing and a horse called Snow Squall just won the 8.15 at Haydock Park, just to keep it weather related, before I get into big trouble with our hostess, unless she's having lakeside drinks, yet again! What a life that girl leads!Only joking Ali.Tom.

Posted

Yes that's amazing and a horse called Snow Squall just won the 8.15 at Haydock Park, just to keep it weather related, before I get into big trouble with our hostess, unless she's having lakeside drinks, yet again! What a life that girl leads!Only joking Ali.Tom.

Whoops, evening Ali, how's your puddle, has it evaporated yet? No lakeside drinks tonight?Btw, how's my fetish-ridden goat?Regards,Tom.

Posted

Sorry to be picky, but if it's (and sorry for using English script!) rebyata, shouldn't it be budut?! I'll get my coat...

Lovely evening here, cool enough to take the woof for his walk.

Posted

Posted Image

Posted Image

warm Posted Image

sunday

Posted Image

Posted Image

hot up to 28-29 degrees

monday

Posted Image

Posted Image

still warm up to 26 degrees

not much else to say really

have a nice weekend all Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Sorry to be picky, but if it's (and sorry for using English script!) rebyata, shouldn't it be budut?! I'll get my coat...

Lovely evening here, cool enough to take the woof for his walk.

Pass...It's Google Translate...Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Hope everyones enjoying the sun.

There was certainly an air of happiness out and about today .

A nice day often makes people smile more.

Lots of people singing in there cars aswell:)

Happy days!