Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 2nd July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted

Met office have apparently just reported an official 28.1c at heathrow and say it could be higher. Very warm around west and north west London with an unofficial 29.1c being reported from a very reliable source in Watford.Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Yes it does warrant moving in my books, especially when its forecast to last longer.

I hate heat, no other way of putting it.

Isle of Skye or Aberdeen then? Maybe W Ireland?

Met office have apparently just reported an official 28.1c at heathrow and say it could be higher. Very warm around west and north west London with an unofficial 29.1c being reported from a very reliable source in Watford.Posted Image

28C in the Costa del Staines :)

Posted

Official Met Office sites at Heathrow and Northolt both recorded 27.6c at 6pm, and reliable ( though unofficial )  weather stations in the west and north west London area are reporting 27c at 7:30pm. Pheweeee. Posted Image

Posted

Hi all

Hope your enjoying your weekend

Bit sweaty around the ???? :-)

Still decorating which is fun

Not

Tomorrow may nudge 29 or possibly hit a 30

Should be the odd cloudy bits but overall mainly sunny

Be back later with the fax update

John

Hi all

Not

John

Hi John,

You decorating the whole housePosted Image and when you are finished there is plenty of work here.  Temperature on the way down here now, very slowly.

Posted

Hi all

Not

John

Hi John.......aka Betty Swollocks Posted Image I would be quite suprised if somewhere in our region didn't hit at least 30c on Sunday if the trend remains the same as it has in the last couple of days mate.

I think I have mentioned in earlier posts my tolerance to heat has rapidly reduced as I get older, and I can no longer sit out in full sun for hours on end lapping up the rays as I once did but even so, this sun and warmth brings a 'feel good' factor to everyday life in general. For those that don't enjoy it there are a number of ways to combat it. Another week or so of this will do me just fine Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

As someone on the east coast, can I bank the latest ECM run Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Got to 28c in my garden today.

i fell asleep with my fingers underneath me,i have brown hands and white fingers from the knuckles upPosted Image

Never mind have to get back out there tommorow to fill in the gaps !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Hi John.......aka Betty Swollocks Posted Image I would be quite suprised if somewhere in our region didn't hit at least 30c on Sunday if the trend remains the same as it has in the last couple of days mate.

I think I have mentioned in earlier posts my tolerance to heat has rapidly reduced as I get older, and I can no longer sit out in full sun for hours on end lapping up the rays as I once did but even so, this sun and warmth brings a 'feel good' factor to everyday life in general. For those that don't enjoy it there are a number of ways to combat it. Another week or so of this will do me just fine Posted Image

Indeed BB...Betty Swollocks is alive and well...Posted Image

Posted

Hi John,

You decorating the whole housePosted Image and when you are finished there is plenty of work here.  Temperature on the way down here now, very slowly.

Hi chris

Should have been 2 rooms but got that wrong

Whole house in the end

Pm me your address and i will check my diary :-)

Hi bb

I like heat just hate humidity

And your right re the sweaty bits :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

25C here at 9pm, lovely :)

Posted

25c at 9pm here in the north west London suburbs, but thankfully a slight breeze is keeping it comfortable. A lot of high level cloud moving in now though so I wonder what that will do for tomorrows prospects ?

25C here at 9pm, lovely Posted Image

Snap !!

Posted

The cloud did indeed burn off this afternoon for clear blue skies and sunshine; Kingston town centre and river side were packed (many varied interpretations of summer attire on offer), and then garden games were the order of the afternoon for kids and the more aged kids. Now it's a perfect evening temperature, neither too cool nor too hot. Loads of peeps still out in their gardens, such a good atmosphere as the sun goes down. Great:)

Posted

10pm and 24C....might need the fan on tonight!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

surely the 30 degree mark might be threatened tomorrow given how the maxima the last couple of days has been higher than predicted. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Wot a scorcher of  day.

Almost wall to wall blue sky all day from 05:00 onwards (when I got up).  Been either wandering round a steam and heavy horse rally or sat in a tent to save myself from being sunburnt (tent may have provided beer)...

...going back tomorrow (Woo Hoo Posted ImagePosted Image )

Posted

Hello all. Been away from posting here for a couple of weeks, v hard health situation going on with a family member so haven't really felt like posting my lightweight twaddle. Still not sure I am ready for a comeback but I wanted to say hello, and that we are here in the flat in Brighton and the late evening is stunningly beautiful. Through the day, starting not long after dawn, the sky has gone from grey to silver, then to pale then dark blue, and recently the last of the sun's influence pulled away from the west and the light disappeared with it, I assume to cast its spell over the rest of the world until it gets back here tomorrow. The older I get the more I realise that everything is a cycle, a pattern, a rhythm and that this can be good and, sometimes, not so.......

Have a good weekend

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Well.....it's been a lovely day in Ippy. Wall to wall sunshine and blue sky with a slight hazieness at times. Been playing in the huge paddling pool with my neice and baby Alice.

For some reason, I can't post photos as they attatch upside down.

Hope you all had a lovely day and ready for more shenanigans and fun tomorrow. :D

Posted

Hello all. Been away from posting here for a couple of weeks, v hard health situation going on with a family member so haven't really felt like posting my lightweight twaddle. Still not sure I am ready for a comeback but I wanted to say hello, and that we are here in the flat in Brighton and the late evening is stunningly beautiful. Through the day, starting not long after dawn, the sky has gone from grey to silver, then to pale then dark blue, as the last of the sun's influence pulls away from the west and the light disappears with it, I assume to cast its' spell over the rest of the world until it gets back here tomorrow. The older I get the more I realise that everything is a cycle, a pattern, a rhythm and that this can be good and, sometimes, not so.......

hope what ills you passes and soon.

You sound almost pagan with your paraphrasing (if that is the right term).

Me, I am just about to embark on the final few hours of another complete trip round the sun (result).

Posted

Well.....it's been a lovely day in Ippy. Wall to wall sunshine and blue sky with a slight hazieness at times. Been playing in the huge paddling pool with my neice and baby Alice.

For some reason, I can't post photos as they attatch upside down.

Hope you all had a lovely day and ready for more shenanigans and fun tomorrow. Posted Image

I am spending the weekend at a steam rally and heavy horse show, today was fantastic (even played chase games with some very friendly ferrets, sounds odd but was fun), got to meet some very well turned out horses, alpacas, parrots (they were funny, always up to something) and must not forget the steam engines (plenty of them).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Hello all. Been away from posting here for a couple of weeks, v hard health situation going on with a family member so haven't really felt like posting my lightweight twaddle. Still not sure I am ready for a comeback but I wanted to say hello, and that we are here in the flat in Brighton and the late evening is stunningly beautiful. Through the day, starting not long after dawn, the sky has gone from grey to silver, then to pale then dark blue, as the last of the sun's influence pulls away from the west and the light disappears with it, I assume to cast its' spell over the rest of the world until it gets back here tomorrow. The older I get the more I realise that everything is a cycle, a pattern, a rhythm and that this can be good and, sometimes, not so.......

Hope things improve for you and yours, AS. Glad you're having a nice time in Brighton. Beautifully vivid description of setting sun. Are you a writer? If not....you should take it up. :) Take care.

Posted

No sea breezes? give over

None - I live 0.2 miles from the sea, 100ft asl and the walk I had this afternoon was right on the seafront and there were no sea breezes and no fog either at home or on my walk. Yesterday fog could be seen in a bank in the Channel, today there was none. Maybe it's because Deal is on a more East facing coastline whereas Folkestone is more South/SE facing?Still 18.5c and no sea breeze :)

Posted

Hope things improve for you and yours, AS. Glad you're having a nice time in Brighton. Beautifully vivid description of setting sun. Are you a writer? If not....you should take it up. Posted Image

Take care.

Thanks K, you are very kind. I love writing but it's a hobby only. Words and music are my things but I am, at both, an amateur.

Trying to combine the two.... I see sunshine on a cloudy day

Thanks again

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Thanks K, you are very kind. I love writing but it's a hobby only. Words and music are my things but I am, at both, an amateur.Trying to combine the two.... I see sunshine on a cloudy dayThanks againAS

Dont be hard on yourself AS, your musings and sharp wit are much missed on this thread and I'm sure I speak for most members, when I state that.

Hope the health situation soon improves, for your family member. Take care.

Very warm and tranquil here in Chislehurst on my return, apart from my son and daughter shouting at the TV, for some bizarre reason.

Walking the footpath at the back of our property, with all manner of insects preceeding my way, darting around on the comfort blanket of this afternoons heat, still hanging in the air, that  whispered a promise of more tomorrow, all felt right about our move to this location.

Regards,

Tom.

Edited by TomBR7